• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I'd be so f'n rich if I made 100k here in Des Moines. I could pay off a 3 bed/2br 1,500 sq ft home in 7 years without having to really sacrifice lifestyle wise. I wish I could come up with some sort of at home job I could do to pull in an extra $500-$1,000/month. (RIP Online Poker)

yes, a necklace. it was like fifty dollars a month ago, today it's like 3 times that and then some. you can't spell jewelry without jew, serves me right for procrastinating i guess.

$50 necklace and $22 sheets?

How did the members of this thread find each other?

I was recruited for my humour. Please don't let their cheapness reflect upon me. Our last pair of sheets were $70. No comforter included. Egyptian cotton, 800 thread count, a lovely purple.

While the theory of loving somewhere with a cheap cost of living sounds great, it usually means you're living somewhere that nobody really wants to move to

Nappy, I too enjoyed that video on FB, but I didn't notice you in. At first, I thought you were #53 but then he looked like he had a beard, and you can't grow facial hair

Yeah, I wasn't at that game because I was on the road. That video is all one game, too. The kid who put the video together...his mom came to the game and filmed it all, which is just so sweet. She came because her other son also plays on the team (he's our best player) and she drove him and then filmed the game while she was there. Her other son is a senior in HS and apparently doesn't have a car.

man I don't know how you yankees drive in this shit all the time. I mean are the roads different where it snows a lot or something? there was a slushy inch or so on the road when I came home and even when I was going 25 in a straight line I was still sliding all over the place. accidentally got to 35 at one point and got freaking sideways. wasn't even in a curve. and hell, those lunatics in norway and shit drive in straight up snow all.the.time. in regular freaking cars! I don't even know what's going on with that.

That's the difference. In a place where snowing is common, they are prepared for it, plow, shovel and salt the roads as it's happening. In places where it's not common, the cities are relatively unprepared. That's why Atlanta got blasted by 2 inches (just like shake's lady) and Wisconson goes to the beach after 2 inches of snow

• Like 2

You get used to it. The roads aren't any different except we're more efficient at clearing roads & getting salt/sand down. People here always make fun of people like you complaining about 2-3" of snow, but just yesterday there were a ton of wrecks and people that went in the ditch when we got a few inches, too.

yeah but what about those god damn scandanavians? I mean did you even see the girl with the dragon tattoo? straight up snow in a mercedes!

but yeah there's the prep for it, but I think hills have a lot to do with it too. we've got a lot of hills here and that makes it a hell of a lot more difficult to navigate. whatever, I like snow just not driving in this awfulness.