I Called In Sick Today

I listened to No Doubt's Tragic Kingdom last night after seeing a pic of the band in its super early days. I had forgotten how good "Don't Speak" and "Just a Girl" are. I was thinking about the similarities between Tragic Kingdom and Jagged Little Pill... breakup albums defined the 90s, I guess?

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

... breakup albums defined the 90s, I guess?

Lotta misery going around. Grunge. Wasn't super peppy.

Good breakup stuff was solo Mark Lanegan, formerly of the Screaming Trees

I'm not sure if anything ever posted in here has been more clear and/or correct.

How bad is it that I wouldn't want to be 28, considerably thinner, healthy knees and back and have a law degree?

Well, there is the personality, I suppose. That's the deal breaker. Would I have to stay in Kansas, or Missouri? I still don't know where you or Strat actually live

You need white space.

I definitely have a lot of wall clutter. I love it. I didn't have a personality growing up, so I've done nothing but overcompensate like this dating to maybe age 18. literally, didn't buy an album or listen to music prior to college (no wonder I didn't appreciate No Doubt in the 90s). it had a little bit to do with having two older brothers, one of which was the kind to ridicule anything he wasn't personally into. insult me for being into computers when I wasn't old enough to defend myself, ask me for tech advice a few years later. cool.

that turned into a rant. being the youngest is trash. I'm just saying.

Really? What does that consist of? Was that just a few courses on top of the law degree?

24 hours of advanced tax law classes, a few of which counted as both JD and LLM.

If you dig deeper, you'll see that I'm saying that you have the tools to not be douchetastic

i have so many tools i just became one giant one at some point.

Not to be a one upper to Strat, but being the youngest of three boys when your parents really wanted a girl and then having said girl three years after you were born is the worst. My parents didn't give a shit about me even though I was always the most promising sibling. I'm drunk.

we all got problems. i'm watching 'undeclared' on netflix and in their dorm they have a "WWF Panda" poster and i desperately want one of those posters and i cannot find one to purchase. it looks like this, if anyone could be so kind.

WWF-Saving-Private-Panda-Post.jpeg

Not to be a one upper to Strat, but being the youngest of three boys when your parents really wanted a girl and then having said girl three years after you were born is the worst. My parents didn't give a shit about me even though I was always the most promising sibling. I'm drunk.

Well at least that explains the sweater.

Sounds like your parents are real assholes.

Maybe you shoulda thought twice about saving mom's life. Too far?

Well at least that explains the sweater.

Nappy, were you wearing makeup in that pic?

Yesterday I decided to venture out of the compound walls and do a little picking. Not the type on that completely made up "reality" show. Manly picking. Foraging through scrap dumpsters behind the engineering firm that is responsible for the machine tooling for the original ZR1 vette engine and current supplier of molds for the AL wheels that most of you out there roll to work on. Luckily, Ive known the owner since I was just a sprout and tolerates my random appearances at not only his waste recepticles but also in front of his multi million dollar array of Haas cnc equipment creating important items like parts to repair mine. Hey, with billet AL and titanium commodities inching higher everyday it pays to be thrifty. Price a chunk of ti large enough to whittle down to a twenty eleven frame and slide or the fancy mills designed to cut them sometime. The tax and shipping alone keeps me in beer for a week. Dumpster diving isnt just for the poor. Just poor at heart

Anyhow, after robbing that place I ventured over to the local battery shop who also buys scrap metal from the public. Untold riches can be found among the mountains of stale beer cans and worn out appliances. Speaking of cans, over the years I have developed another close relationship with its owner by bringing my empties there. I grew tired of loading them up a while back so he dispaches an employee with a one ton flatbed every two weeks to the shop. The value is added to my "picking" account to pay for items I can actually use from his yard. So lets say I find a five hundred pound section of seven forty seven wing lying around. He pays the guy who brings it in thirty five cents a pound for it. After he pays his guys to cut it down in smaller pieces and hauls it to another city to resell it for seventy, his profit is approximately twenty. Taxed. Now when Beans enters the yard, he sells it to me for fifty five cash and gets to enjoy watching me tote the thing off in one piece using two backhoe trailers behind one dump truck. Win. Win. Or win/lose when it falls off in the middle of the highway and the cops surface. Whatever. Not only do I get out of this world stuff that normal humans would have no part of/use for, but it also serves as a great place to drink beer and people watch. Nothin is more entertaining than getting liquored up inside the air conditioned office and watching a crack head red from the summer sun toting in a brass radiatior that he carried several miles to exchange for a few bucks. Usually the antifreeze trail can be backtracked directly to a perfectly working automobile and its owner who suspiciously just so happens to need that exact same part. They had to stop buying cat converters due to a slew of similar recycling techniques. Mainly after a converter was stolen from his own Jeep in the parking lot. I still laugh my ass off that he started it to go home and heard the open exhaust, walked back to the back, found his converter in the pile, and made the kid who bought it weld it back on so he could get home. I may do it again after it stops being funny

So it was at this top that he went on an hour long rant about how he lost twenty five thousand pounds of cans this year. Not that they were "lost" but never there to begin with. Every can has a minute amount of liquid still inside. Add up this trivial amount over millions of cans, though, and it probably equals...well, twenty five thousand pounds or so. After a few beers of thought, I voulenteered to reduce that amount by a substantial factor by building him a machine that will extract liquids and other trash from the cans will little or no additional labor on his part. A handshake later and I was picking through the piles for materials to construct the beast.....name pending....thoughts?.... anyway, I just so happened to come across an almost brand new two post auto lift. No motors or electrics but everything else was there. Big score for Beansy. Not only can I always use one for raising one car up and parking another under it, but the approximate hundred and fifty dollar purchase amount will likely go under the "can drier" purchase order. Fringe benefits. Giottas luv em...

Anyhoo, the meat of this tale will have to wait until I return from getting the lift. They were too busy to load it for me then.....

*spoileralertface*

It includes a stripper, blown engine, several snot nosed kids, and five bucks

Rearrange those words anyway you want them. The sentence will still make sense....

• Like 1