Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I doubt we'll still be talking about bread 6 days from now. Nobody has that kind of attention span.

How do you feel about Hawaiian sweet bread?

bagels:

1. Sesame

2. Everything

3. plain

4. egg

rye is absolutely situational. my favorite is rye toast with eggs over/up fried in bacon grease.

made some kick ass french toast yesterday and have been craving more ever since. i think where i've erred previously is too low of egg to dairy ratio and just over-tinkering. i guess simple really is better sometimes.

--edit

what's everyone's thoughts on steamed vs. boiled for bagels.

not many places to find a traditional, boiled bagel but the crust on them is far superior.

Frau, should we start our text romance now, in the New Year or right before the VM premier? Just wondering

I like all of this, the assurance that it'll happen, and how you gave me a timeframe.

how do you know it's only in your mind? I try very hard not to express it or talk to anyone when it's going on, but I know that I won't be able to hold back if someone's going out of their way to needle me. I definitely wear it on my face in the mornings. I'm just an emotionally unstable wreck right now, what's your excuse?

You're right, I don't know if it's only in my mind. I segment the hell out of my life. I really make an effort to keep some circles of friends/dates separate. I try to complain about relationship things once or twice. When I hear myself repeating and repeating myself I relegate it to the echo chamber of my mind until I have something new to say.

Bosses suck at vacation.

Regarding rye bread, go to Langer's in MacArthur Park. Get the #19 on rye, if you have a hungry person's appetite, get some matzah ball soup, too. You can skip their black and white cookies, they're dry as hell.

I'm working today, and Monday and Tuesday, and then I can go back to being disappointed with the normal workday.

I doubt we'll still be talking about bread 6 days from now. Nobody has that kind of attention span.

Can we (ahem!) fold in pastry talk? This year I have fallen in love with kouign amann. It's a puff pastry, and it makes the baker come correctly. Challenging, and so very good. I'm also evolving into an almond croissant fan, and still love a good apple fritter.

Bagels:

Plain

Poppyseed

Salt

No sweet bagels, proper ratio of cream cheese, and toast it.

• Like 1

I like all of this, the assurance that it'll happen, and how you gave me a timeframe.

Can we (ahem!) fold in pastry talk? This year I have fallen in love with kouign amann. It's a puff pastry, and it makes the baker come correctly. Challenging, and so very good. I'm also evolving into an almond croissant fan, and still love a good apple fritter.

I like how you turned Ronnie down without blatantly doing so.

I need to try Langers Deli. I've heard nothing but great things but I just don't get into downtown very often. I'm either in East LA or too far West for them to be convenient.

Also, you're a woman. Despite what we all say in here women rule the world, not to mention you're the only one that will set foot in the sickie thread, so you can talk about any damn thing you want.

• Like 1

When you see her manufacture a reason to be in a room with a bed in it.

Have you ever been in a room with a guy with a bed in it and not had sex? Is that like your kryptonite? Seems like a lot of your advice on bedding a girl centers on that key point.

I like how you turned Ronnie down without blatantly doing so.

Maybe she just doesn't want the rest of you to think it's a possibility.

Have you ever been in a room with a guy with a bed in it and not had sex? Is that like your kryptonite? Seems like a lot of your advice on bedding a girl centers on that key point.

I was trying to ease Napa past some speed bumps. He seems to get the ladies interested, and then maybe has conversion or closing issues.

hey frau will you go with me to ikea?

Yes, right after I'm done with Zumba.

Zumba.

Which of these movies have you seen?

12 Years a Slave, American Hustle, Inside Llewyn Davis, Her, The Wolf of Wall Street, Nebraska.

Which movie has the best shot at beating 12 Years for the Oscar?

I'll hang up and listen off air.

• Like 1

My grandma was straight from Czechoslovakiaand always made dopeass kolaches. That's all I can contribute to this discussion because my taste buds don't work all that great.

The poppy seed kind, I hope? Lincoln is full of Czechs, I have an 80 year old neighbor who bakes me bomb ass poppy seed kolaches because I help her change her storm windows out in the fall and spring.

It was clear that I was about as far from serious as humanly possible with my Frau comment, right?

Thats a lot of clutter Strat

Hang up and listen, niiiiice one