• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

sounds like I did the right thing. I'm glad. obviously what I would have liked is to tell her how I'm going to miss stopping by to see her, having work stuff in common, etc. I know she was for damn sure expecting me to say that.

I won't be able to make her goodbye happy hour due to my shitty hours, meaning if we do anything it'll be a specially arranged thing. I can't ask for that after making her turn me down so many times previously... it WILL come across as another attempt.

Level up son. Let her ask you out. Remember, women are sneaky so you might not notice. ex. "Hey, do you want to join us for a last night at work drink?"

And whatever you do, don't point to your earbuds and say "I'm kinda busy"

I won't be able to make her goodbye happy hour due to my shitty hours

Well that's settled then.

• Like 1

did you really need to ask? you pursued and she withdrew. you backed off and now she wants an ego boost, hoping you'll ask again. she knows how you feel and if she felt the same she'd say so. until she does there aint nothing to be done. she contacts you again and you tell her that it confuses you and unless she wants more to please not text you. sorry bitty, but thats the way it is.

And whatever you do, don't point to your earbuds and say "I'm kinda busy"

Well that's settled then.

not kidding though. the absolute earliest I could get out is 5:45, and they usually start the happy hour stuff at 3:30, quit by 5. I cannot change when they do pricing, and it's the most important thing I do during the day.

Yeah, we drink too much So, you have two drinks over the course of what, an hour? Then what? Do you ever pull the trigger on the third drink? Lampshade time?

I don't know if you drink too much, you just drink more than me. I used to drink more, when I was married. Since then, either I'm driving myself home, or with co-workers (usually including my immediate boss), or I'm on a date. I'm not serious with anyone, so it feels better to me not to drink a lot. Also, since I haven't been drinking much, and I've lost weight, I have become a literal lightweight.

IE, I think the timing difficulty is good for you. This way if lady wants to see you she has to ask, she can't lump you in with a going away party.

IE, I think the timing difficulty is good for you. This way if lady wants to see you she has to ask, she can't lump you in with a going away party.

yep, I was thinking along the same lines.

there's a pretty cute girl in my group that seems to stop by my desk to randomly chat every once in a while. I am getting the number as I depart, for sure. I'm gonna handle this one better than the last.

I don't know if you drink too much, you just drink more than me. I used to drink more, when I was married. Since then, either I'm driving myself home, or with co-workers (usually including my immediate boss), or I'm on a date. I'm not serious with anyone, so it feels better to me not to drink a lot. Also, since I haven't been drinking much, and I've lost weight, I have become a literal lightweight.

I am impressed by your cautiousness. A girl can never be too careful. But, I mean, if your date is super charming and sexy, that third drink might get ordered, amirite?

My best option is to just get somewhere without my car and figure out my ride home later. Worst case, you call a cab. If my car is there, there is always that small feeling of "oh, I got this" which is the dumbest thing ever.

The DD is great, but if I'm out, I'd rather my wife and friends partake as well. The sober person always seems so judgy. Maybe because I've been the sober one and been annoyed by super drunk people. My problem is, I see no point in 3 beers. It does nothing for me and I've just wasted those calories. 6 beers gets the buzz, then I want to keep it rolling. Therein lies the trouble.

the sign came today, and it is absolutely gorgeous. fits in perfect with the rest of my stupid college aged crap.

Some day when you have 2 kids, a wife and a job making all that quiche, you'll have a room for all of your gaming computers and college aged stuff

I agree with what Mexico said. Who gives a crap if you sound desperate?! She's one person, and she's really cool. ****ing fight for her.

no. this is terrible and stupid. life is not a romcom. or maybe it is, but if it is, it's pretty in pink and he's ducky.

• Like 2

You aren't married Hank. Maybe it's good advice and you just haven't tried it yet.

My younger sister got diagnosed with breast cancer this morning, and right now I'm siting in a waiting room at the hospital with my two older sisters, for my brother in law, who has a broken ankle or terrible foot infection. We are waiting for the X-ray results.

Merry Christmas.

You aren't married Hank. Maybe it's good advice and you just haven't tried it yet.

never tried it? how do you think i got to be this bitter and cynical? failure of grand romantic gestures is right up near the top of the extensive list.

sorry to hear about the fam. positive vibes their way.

-edit

and they aren't married either. fighting for a relationship only works if it is, you know, a relationship and not some chicks playing games with the hearts and minds of my bros.