I Called In Sick Today

here it is, so you may judge without my bias thrown in:

"Wanted you to hear it from me first that my last day at [company] is Jan 10th. I start at [company] Jan 13th, background check pending :-) It's not public knowledge yet though. Just you [manager] and [mutual friend] know so keep it on the DL."

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I've been sick for 4 days. It's awful. Fever from 100 - 104 and that is on medication. I have never had a flu like this before. Talked to the dr. Yesterday and he said its a 7 day flu and the symptoms can linger for 3 weeks. Wtf.

Howdee fine folks... howya"ll doin? good....

Spending a couple holiday evenings at home. Drinking. Loafing. Stuff I used to do. Sigh

All isnt lost, though. I see light at the end of the bottle. Just a few more days of living hell and I will again be a "free" man. Plan on spending a large chunk of time being my ole self again. Got me some Cads of an STI model twenty eleven pistol frame. Plan on building a few.... several.... ispc style "race guns" for the hellovit. Thirty eight super and ten mils. May even do some competing in a regulated environment if they down frown too much at anti-sobriety on the firing line. Slick little titanium "protective" sleeve over an extended compensator should slip by the anti-suppressor rule nicely...

And, unfortunately for the majority of contributors, along with my newfound freedom comes more time to spew meaningless drivel upon randomly selected screens within the thread once again. Drop in unrelated non content as one contributor once called it

The sal look alike I employed is no longer with me. I persuaded him to follow his dream to be a pill counter. Hopefully the gamble will pay off and Ill still be alive when he graduates and will collect on his debt with miscounts and "illegable" perscription handwriting. Ive lost larger wagers. Speaking of that vice, for the first time in years I got busted making a dont pass wager after a point was made a few days ago. Of all places, a dive on boulder hwy. Kid fresh out of dealer school. Had to give the little shit a few large checks inside the mens room to keep his mouth shut. These kids nowadays....

KEEP OFF MY FELT!

Merry Christmas, guys

• Like 4

Merry Christmas Beans. Be good to have you back.

We went bowling yesterday as part of our Manager Christmas outing. I used to bowl 2 or 3 leagues a week and was really good. I haven't bowled in 9 or 10 years (depending on if you believe my or my wifes timeline) and today my left hip/leg is so freaking sore I'm hobbling around like an old geezer with a broken hip. I'm 6'1", 200 - 205 lbs so not really overweight but I am so out of shape it's ridiculous.

Getting older sucks.

RM,

Are you going on a cruise? With the lady, or lady and more family?

Not at all. Why would you ask that? Just be working and hanging out at home for the year end.

She is staying with family. She heads back the 29th. What do I text her then? HELP ME, SHAKE'S LIFE IS AT STAKE HERE

Yanno, I'm pretty fcking good at this texting thing, and getting bitches. Ask Jubi, and others. So screw you, I'm not helping you anymore.

if you reply at all this is the only option:

well_bye.jpg

Beautiful.

just a few minutes ago, I went ahead and responded with, "congrats, and good luck!" this one was DOA, I'm so glad she gave me this last week+ to see it.

That's probably for the best, but dammit if I wouldn't have went sarcastic, dick mode. I don't know how playful you ever made it, I always try to take it to playful/sexual area, because what else are we really doing here?

"Leaving the company huh? There are easier ways to get into my pants, but hey, I applaud your efforts."

Girl texts to tell me her last day with the company is in January. Do I try something last-ditch?

Of course. She might be trying to tell you something.

I agree with what Mexico said. Who gives a crap if you sound desperate?! She's one person, and she's really cool. ****ing fight for her.

I don't work there anymore and still don't want to date you

It's one of two possibilities. And even though it's the worst one, it's still not bad. Nothing gained , nothing lost.

Also, why does everyone know that Mexico is the best texter in the thread, but nobody listens to him or mimics his style? It obviously works awesomely, and yet here we sit with three lonely dudes.

• Like 2

I have plenty of confidence. I got this girl's number within days, and asked her out less than a week after that. I then pressed it again when I switched groups. I am NOT afraid of pursuing her, it just hasn't and won't work, so the only other option is to stop appearing to give a ****.

I agree with what Mexico said. Who gives a crap if you sound desperate?! She's one person, and she's really cool. ****ing fight for her.

Mexico said that?

Napa, you definitely need to send her a text. Hopefully Ron will give in and give you some help but either way, you've only got 5 days so you have to make it clear that your intent is to bump uglies before she leaves. Without making it sound like all you want to do is bump uglies.

Strat, as he said, has pretty much done all he can do with his girl. At this point, unless she starts sending nude selfies, it's time to move on.

Also, why does everyone know that Mexico is the best texter in the thread, but nobody listens to him or mimics his style? It obviously works awesomely, and yet here we sit with three lonely dudes.

See below

I can't do a 180 and go sexual after months of not doing that. she just doesn't seem like the type to respond to that.

brv, I would have been inclined to agree with your take a week or two ago, before she straight up said nothing to me for like 9 days.

I totally agree, it can't come out of left field. That's why you plant tiny little seeds early on. You got to put it on that tip, be clear about the fact that you want to see them naked. I abbreviate what I do when typing on here, but of course I lay lots of groundwork before I drop the hammer.

I disagree that she isn't the girl that would respond to that. Everyone loves flirting, especially if the feelings are reciprocated. I have rarely encountered a girl that didnt play along. Just gotta pick your spots.

Maybe Frau can chime in and confirm or deny my theories. Frau is a smart, intellectual, artsy fartsy type that seems like she wouldn't appreciate a heavy handed putz like me, but sometimes the simple, direct approach works.

Napa, text her tomorrow evening, after family time is over, wish her a merry Christmas, tell her it was great seeing her again and say that you'd love to buy her a drink or 4 before she heads back to the land of the inbred. (Although, can people from Iowa really make fun of other states?). Anywho, say you'd like to buy her a drink or 4, and maybe, just maybe an appetizer.

Something like that

• Like 1

just a few minutes ago, I went ahead and responded with, "congrats, and good luck!" this one was DOA, I'm so glad she gave me this last week+ to see it.

Leave it here until you hear from her.

Level up son. Let her ask you out. Remember, women are sneaky so you might not notice. ex. "Hey, do you want to join us for a last night at work drink?"

Full disclosure: even if she asks you out, yes you are expected to pay, and to behave with hetero gender norms.

Not at all. Why would you ask that? Just be working and hanging out at home for the year end.

I thought I read you weren't going to be around starting Jan. 9th. If only we had a searching Machine to help.

Maybe Frau can chime in and confirm or deny my theories. Frau is a smart, intellectual, artsy artsy type that seems like she wouldn't appreciate a heavy handed putz like me, but sometimes the simple, direct approach works.

If we were flirting and texting, I'd tell you I want a heavy handed touch.

Napa, text her tomorrow evening, after family time is over, wish her a merry Christmas, tell her it was great seeing her again and say that you'd love to buy her a drink or 4 before she heads back to the land of the inbred. (Although, can people from Iowa really make fun of other states?). Anywho, say you'd like to buy her a drink or 4, and maybe, just maybe an appetizer.

Something like that

I like the timing and the general message. As always, I drink less than you all. I think one or two drinks per person, and both parties take responsibility for wanting to be there. Napa, you like this girl (enough).

Full disclosure: even if she asks you out, yes you are expected to pay, and to behave with hetero gender norms.

I thought I read you weren't going to be around starting Jan. 9th. If only we had a searching Machine to help.

If we were flirting and texting, I'd tell you I want a heavy handed touch.

I like the timing and the general message. As always, I drink less than you all. I think one or two drinks per person, and both parties take responsibility for wanting to be there. Napa, you like this girl (enough).

We always have to pay. It's the way it works. The lady picked a relatively pricey restaurant for our first date and later told me that if I went dutch, our future was shaky. And she is the furthest thing from a money grubber.

I was debating taking a break. I check too many times during the day for convo and activity. I'd like to post more like you do. Problem is, if we all posted like you, or Hank, there would be no catchup to catch up on. So I'm torn. I need to regulate myself better. Maybe I'll stick around. Can essay be less of a fag and make me want to hit him less?

Oh my

Yeah, we drink too much So, you have two drinks over the course of what, an hour? Then what? Do you ever pull the trigger on the third drink? Lampshade time?