Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Now that I live in the big city, a place like that is actually sounding pretty damn good. For a few days, anyway.

I think there is some very happy middle ground out there. Lawrence was definitely big enough to have stuff to do, without all the annoyance of a big city.

so, what is everyone's favorite way to make eggs?

this morning, I unintentionally broke the yoke (BAM) in one I was frying, and it made for perfect sandwich material--cooked evenly, had the right shape. so I think I'm just going to do that going forward, make a bunch of fried egg sandwiches that way.

Fried/over medium. I also enjoy a good scrambled. I make them pretty good. Mix in a little heavy cream when beating them, season up nice, cook on low for a longer time, add a little bit of your favorite cheese at the end. Take them off heat while still a little loose. You're golden

I prefer a city and tons of things to do within 10-15 minutes. I love me some city livin and civilization

Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that there's almost anything you could want in terms of restaurants and bars within a 10 minute walk from me. I'm just still trying to figure out if that's enough to make me choose this life over one that includes fresh air and open spaces.

Are we talking just eggs, or in a full breakfast setting? For just eggs, I'd go with scrambled with cheese. For a plate, I'd go with Irish benedict.

My dad's giving me anywhere between an 1/8 and a 1/4 of a cow. I'm excited. I don't really have the freezer space, but I'll figure it out somehow.

Jealous. It's worth buying a meat-only freezer for this purpose. I've had a few friends that did this and it works out great.

Mix in a little heavy cream when beating them

At some point I thought Alton Brown taught me that a little water actually makes fluffier eggs, but I just looked up his recipe and it includes whole milk, so now I'm confused.

That's what she said!

Small towns are really nice in their own way. I grew up in town of about 13,000. Not really small but small enough to not have the craziness of big cities. My wife was in a town of about 5,000 in high school. (It's now about 35,000 after the CA housing boom) It was a pain to have to drive 30 minutes to get to anything more than kmart and grocery stores. The nearest mall at the time was probably 45 minutes away.

I worked in the town I grew up in for about 6 years and my commute was 5 minutes. 7 if you hit the one red light between work and my house. That part was really nice.

I live in a small town of 5-7,000 but as a tourist town we get both a lot more people than that at times (plus a few thousand seasonaires yearly), and a lot more amenities than your average town our size, which IMO is the perfect mix.

I was very doubtful but Gordon Ramsey's scrambled eggs are seriously good.

That said, I rarely bother and usually just have them sunny-side up, or over easy if I screw up the heat. Occasionally poached as well.

I make my eggs like that Ramsey video above. Muy good.

Me and my roommate have been discussing getting a deep freeze. He usually gets two deer butchered every year (gives one away as gifts) and I'd like to get a deer as well. And now all this beef coming from my father. All we have is a standard top freezer on our fridge. Not enough room. The problem is we don't really have space for one and they were pretty adamant about saying we can't keep one in our garage when we signed the lease. That being said...we still might. I mean, how much electricity can a deep freeze use and would they really notice and be able to figure out where the increase in the power bill was coming?

I prefer a city and tons of things to do within 10-15 minutes. I love me some city livin and civilization

I've been thinking about this--I know I'll be in LA for at least another year, but I don't know after that. I'll probably end up in the Midwest, and need to land in a city that's large and prosperous to support non profits, and close to some relatives, far from others. I think I'll need a metro area of at least 1 million+.

My dad's giving me anywhere between an 1/8 and a 1/4 of a cow. I'm excited. I don't really have the freezer space, but I'll figure it out somehow.

That's so much food!!

At home, soft scrambled with heavy cream. At a diner, an omlette, or if I'm getting hash, then sunny side up. If I'm at a fancy pants breakfast, I amuse myself and get soft boiled. I love the little egg cups, the egg topper thing, and toast points.

• Like 1

Make sure to get some skirt

And flap meat! Incidentally, I asked the meat manager yesterday about flap meat and what cut it is. He said it's similar and comes from the same general area as skirt and flank but is a separate cut. Apparently until 15 years ago or so most butchers threw it in the grinder. Such a waste because the flavor, tenderness and juiciness of it is phenomenal.

this morning, I unintentionally broke the yoke (BAM) in one I was frying, and it made for perfect sandwich material--cooked evenly, had the right shape. so I think I'm just going to do that going forward, make a bunch of fried egg sandwiches that way.

I've always purposefully broken the yoke if I'm making fried egg sandwiches.

I've been thinking about this--I know I'll be in LA for at least another year, but I don't know after that. I'll probably end up in the Midwest, and need to land in a city that's large and prosperous to support non profits, and close to some relatives, far from others. I think I'll need a metro area of at least 1 million+.

That's so much food!!

At home, soft scrambled with heavy cream. At a diner, an omlette, or if I'm getting hash, then sunny side up. If I'm at a fancy pants breakfast, I amuse myself and get soft boiled. I love the little egg cups, the egg topper thing, and toast points.

My English grandmother used to make me soft boiled eggs with toast points when I was a kid. So good.

I have a chest freezer and an upright freezer in my basement. This is obviously in addition to our regular fridge. The upright is meat-only.

Last night I made a new friend at game night. So many cool stories. He's from Sunderland, UK.

We bought a small chest freezer from Costco for $199 I think. Might cost $10 a month to run? 1/4 steer is a lot of meet though. The upright like Brv mentioned might offer better access.

K dawg, you had conundrum red yet?

nope. My store sells a shitload of it though

I just do not understand why people live in places like that. not big enough to support anything but a grocery store, 30 miles away. Jesus.

Some people like it, but it would be pure hell for me. I like visiting my friends that live in a town of about 10Kish, but I couldn't imagine living there. The city benefits have all been mentioned and I'm not all that much of an outdoorsy guy, so those parts of small city living are useless to me. I'd probably go insane if I lived in a small plains or texas city.

I live in a small town of 5-7,000 but as a tourist town we get both a lot more people than that at times (plus a few thousand seasonaires yearly), and a lot more amenities than your average town our size, which IMO is the perfect mix.

That does sound pretty perfect. Except for the tourists...unless they let you sex them.

Has youtube been super slow for anyone else today?

Wait...what shoes did you get? I don't remember no shoe discussion.

I don't know how much beef exactly. I just know my dad called me and said he's getting a cow butchered and he wants to give us kids a bunch of the meat. And since there's three of us kids that' dont' live at home I figure I'll get between 1/8-1/4 of it. I'm pretty excited. I Just wish I had a better grill. They don't allow charcoal and I'm too cheap to buy a decent propane one even though guapo pointed out a ton of them on craigslist for me one night. HAVE NO PROBLEM SPENDING $300 CLOTHES SHOPPING THOUGH.