I Called In Sick Today

Ron, I was totally just messing with you.

If you don't tilt and know how to adjust to weird situations (and are a douche about tipping), I think live 3/6 is very beatable. A thinking player who puts herself in positions to have hands that play well in multi-way pots and doesn't flip out that AA isn't a 100% equity holder in a 7-way pot already has so much more going for herself than the rest of the game...it's frustrating that so much of your money goes down the hole, but I know weak players who beat these games with very little experience.

You'd obviously be better off at 10/20 as far as winrate ceilings go, but 10/20 takes a somewhat different skillset.

---

Without the flush draw, AK still has huge equity in that hand, and the pot is stupid. Arguments against the play wouldn't be about folding, it would be a question of what betting accomplishes, and the answers might be compelling enough to keep jamming anyway.

See Ronny, I told you YSAP.

I think an argument can be made to just check/call with AK before the river and I do occasionally. In this case I had been folding FAR more hands than I had been playing and I never showed a hand, win or lose, that wasn't a legit hand. I don't know that many 3/6 players really pay attention enough for that to matter. My thought after the flop, with likely 15 outs, was to build the pot against players that showed a propensity to hang on to TP/weak kicker or 2nd pair/strong kicker all the way to the end. Obviously it worked out and I scooped a nice pot. Clearly it doesn't always work out that way.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

going to have to pretend to like customer service tomorrow if I want the level 3 position for 40. can probably pull off the acting, just not sure I will like the work.

today, a new member of my mod team dropped the ball and incurred some really harsh criticism. we corrected it, but people were out for blood anyway. I wrote this in response to the angry mob:

"This situation is an illustration of why we wanted [moderator] on our team. He raised the question internally because he wanted the right decision to be reached, NOT because he was concerned with whether he was personally right or wrong. I love to see that in the people I work with."

I am going to be a ridiculously good boss when the day comes.

Ron, I was totally just messing with you.

See Ronny, I told you YSAP.

I think an argument can be made to just check/call with AK before the river and I do occasionally. In this case I had been folding FAR more hands than I had been playing and I never showed a hand, win or lose, that wasn't a legit hand. I don't know that many 3/6 players really pay attention enough for that to matter. My thought after the flop, with likely 15 outs, was to build the pot against players that showed a propensity to hang on to TP/weak kicker or 2nd pair/strong kicker all the way to the end. Obviously it worked out and I scooped a nice pot. Clearly it doesn't always work out that way.

1) my first reaction on seeing the action would've been to C/C the turn. But, the pot was so big even if you only had 8 outs that betting the turn still would've been the right action

2) Well, with the board the way you said it, 15 outs would've been a best case scenario. Given how dumb a lot of live players are (and even up to mid-limits), running into the problem of being reverse dominated against a small ace is possible. But, still, betting into the pot given how passive they are and how big it is is probably the best way to get the most value out of the hand (and raising the flop).

All in all, I can't see anyway to play it differently and its always fun to lol at live players

Hey, Tilty, are you the one who was looking for those casual wingtips? I saw a pretty good deal on some others that look good and get great reviews on multiple sites:

http://www.urbanoutf...46484&color=021

Edit: the sole may not be so hot on these, though:

_7120492.jpg

That was Napa actually with the shoe fetish but those are nice...

Strat, first thing you need to do when you get into management is stop working on freaking Sunday.

That was Napa actually with the shoe fetish but those are nice...

Strat, first thing you need to do when you get into management is stop working on freaking Sunday.

Wasn't it Napa that went to work today?

I ate at Wingstop for the first time that I remember. The sauce choices weren't as good nor the flavors as good as BWW.

That Specbrad was sure a liar, huh?

As I was walking to my car this morning I noticed a black cat right by the trunk of my car. I kept looking at it as I got closer and as I approached the drivers side door to get in the black cat started to make a weird convulsing motion and after a few seconds of that it vomited and then ran away.

I just got in my car and went to work. Probably not symbolic of anything.

• Like 4