I Called In Sick Today

I like you guys. You make me laugh. And I need that. I'm gonna try and go out with my neighbors tomorrow. If only to tell you guys about it. Just not sure how to broach the subject like "hey, remember when you guys gave me a token invite out? Yeah, I accept. Lets do this. Also, I don't know your names and you call me by my last name like were BFF's but f it. Lets do this." Do I knock on their door? Hope to run into them while they're sitting outside smoking?

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Well we know what napa Donnie's and ronny mexies weekends look like, anybody else?

I'm going to the movies tonight. Not sure about Saturday or Sunday.

Gentle evening tonight--I tried a Mexican place near me tonight. It's not fancy, but the food is acceptable. I wish they had a liquor license, though.

Birthday party on Saturday, dinner with a girlfriend on Sunday.

The birthday party is a little concerning. I have this nagging suspicion I need to bring a gift, more than a bottle of wine. I don't know what to bring, and feel like I'm going to end up doing something terrible, like giving gift certificates McDonald's.

Oh! And yoga, definitely yoga. This is the weekend for me to start!

I agree with my man Brvy. I heard praise for swingers and I watched it and it sucked.

I liked Swingers when it came out, but I agree, it's ugly as hell. So is Grease.

Well we know what napa Donnie's and ronny mexies weekends look like, anybody else?

I'm going to the movies tonight. Not sure about Saturday or Sunday.

gonna try to get a jump on packing. i've got most of my books packed but that's really all i've done so far. 8 friggin boxes of books. i think i'm well on my way to living the life of a hoarder.

Your god damn weekend better consist of sticking a finger in someone's #ahole

mine always does. even if I'm home alone all weekend.

I agree with my man Brvy. I heard praise for swingers and I watched it and it sucked.

if ever there was a movie you should've learned a lesson from...

Because Eli Whitney is a great name. A great name means a lot.

Edit: most people seem to want to know if he is named after Eli manning. Sigh. I tell them nope, Eli stone. Great show.

yes, yes it was. have you been watching elementary? i admit to having a man crush on jonny miller.

I mean, 125% APR. That doesn't seem correct.

I thought legislation was passed to stop predatory lending. Shylock's dont charge that much juice

Poor poor people. Always getting squeezed

Brvy and Randy's exchange on FB gave me a headache. Brvy, watch the walmart documentary The High Cost of Low Price. It wasn't fantastic, it was very anecdotal but it made its point.

no wonder you haven't vaulted up the ladder in the banking industry. you should know there is always a way around legislation. i'm sure it's not presented as apr, it's probably classified as a convenience charge or some such nonsense but would break to down to 125% if the rubes plugged the amount they're paying into a simple online calculator. never underestimate the stupidity of the common man.

You want negativity Ronny, I'll give it to you. Remember that scene in the sopranos where uncle June is in the nursing home and he's old as fvck and dying and has dementia and tony is talking to him and he spits out GOD FVCK IT ALL.

That's me right now. God fvck it all.

Yeah I hate not going to work every day. It's the worst.

Don't you have a tea party town hall to go to and get out all this anger?

Heh. Yeah, sorry. I was overtly bitter during my lunch time posts.

I don't know which way he leans, honestly. he probably is a little to the right because he's been successful in life, but I'm not sure and I hope he doesn't share (for his sake).

again, there are only so many things you can be sure of about tilt.

may your child go on to be more inexplicably famous than the most famous Eli to date.

Pretty sure I've said enough in the past for you to guess. Thing is, I've learned not to say too much about politics on the webz. It's a colossal waste of time since nobody is going to change their mind because of what someone says online.

I mean, 125% APR. That doesn't seem correct.

I thought legislation was passed to stop predatory lending. Shylock's dont charge that much juice

Poor poor people. Always getting squeezed

Brvy and Randy's exchange on FB gave me a headache. Brvy, watch the walmart documentary The High Cost of Low Price. It wasn't fantastic, it was very anecdotal but it made its point.

I guess you're going to have to trust me. Because, why the hell would I lie about it?

no wonder you haven't vaulted up the ladder in the banking industry. you should know there is always a way around legislation. i'm sure it's not presented as apr, it's probably classified as a convenience charge or some such nonsense but would break to down to 125% if the rubes plugged the amount they're paying into a simple online calculator. never underestimate the stupidity of the common man.

This makes a lot of sense and was done very often in the industry (The convenience charge). But you're wrong. The contract has a TILA box like any other and it clearly lists the APR. There are $60 worth of fees we charge at origination to cover DMV costs of putting a lien on the title but that's it. We make money from the interest.

Anymore convenience and other hidden fee's are going away as the government increases requirements on showing the cost of the loan as an APR. Our industry is regulated in our state but not on interest rates. Mostly competition dictates that. Some companies here charge a daily past due fee ($5 or $10 per day that the account is past due) and/or have a balloon payment at the end.

I totally get why you all say it's highway robbery, believe me. That said, think of it this way. you're sitting in your garage just hanging out and some guy you've never seen or met comes in and asks for a $3000 loan. Says he'll let you hold the title to his car as collateral, gives you his name, home address, phone numbers, work info, phone numbers of 4 friends as references that he probably made up while he was walking up the driveway and his pay stub to prove he has enough income to pay you back. Which he says he'll do over the next 12, 18 or 24 months. You go to the DMV, put your name on the title as lien holder and hand him $3000 cash before he drives away in your collateral. There's a reason the money is so expensive.

Oh yeah, so an assistant manager from another district is getting ready to come back from maternity leave. My boss suggests having her transfer to a store in my district to replace an assistant that just quit. The store I would put her in is a mile or two from her house vs. 30 - 45 minutes away from where she used to be. Sounds like a no brainer. The other DM agrees, reluctantly, and calls to make sure she's ok with it. She declines saying that she's getting ready to get an apartment across town by her original store so she'd rather stay there.

Kicker is that this assistant is the wife of one of my managers. He had already called me before the other DM did and said he tried to talk her into transferring because of the gas it would save them etc... She told him that she really liked the other store and people there so she wanted to stay. Clearly he has no clue about her apartment getting across town.

Man, this chick I'm trying to bang is 35. You think I'd call 32 old as balls? FFS I'm almost 26.

I had no idea she was that old. And she's got a kid? TG, what are the odds she puts out? Higher than tilt's APR?

I like you guys. You make me laugh. And I need that. I'm gonna try and go out with my neighbors tomorrow. If only to tell you guys about it. Just not sure how to broach the subject like "hey, remember when you guys gave me a token invite out? Yeah, I accept. Lets do this. Also, I don't know your names and you call me by my last name like were BFF's but f it. Lets do this." Do I knock on their door? Hope to run into them while they're sitting outside smoking?

Make sure you call yourself Clint.

I have this nagging suspicion I need to bring a gift, more than a bottle of wine. I don't know what to bring, and feel like I'm going to end up doing something terrible, like giving gift certificates McDonald's.

This is so fantastic. I want to steal it.

• Like 1

Our industry is regulated in our state but not on interest rates. Mostly competition dictates that.

Maybe not so much though?

Oh yeah, so an assistant manager from another district is getting ready to come back from maternity leave. My boss suggests having her transfer to a store in my district to replace an assistant that just quit. The store I would put her in is a mile or two from her house vs. 30 - 45 minutes away from where she used to be. Sounds like a no brainer. The other DM agrees, reluctantly, and calls to make sure she's ok with it. She declines saying that she's getting ready to get an apartment across town by her original store so she'd rather stay there.

Kicker is that this assistant is the wife of one of my managers. He had already called me before the other DM did and said he tried to talk her into transferring because of the gas it would save them etc... She told him that she really liked the other store and people there so she wanted to stay. Clearly he has no clue about her apartment getting across town.

That's terrible. Are you going to say anything?

I had no idea she was that old. And she's got a kid? TG, what are the odds she puts out? Higher than tilt's APR?.

This caused an audible chuckle that generated a "what?" From my lady.

Well done. If it had a "love this" button, I still woulda clicked it

Titl, it's not that I don't believe you, it's just that its insane. Your employees should wear ski masks. You can spout capitalism, competition and all the rest, but its straight up predatory.

Just my opinion

no limit just sucks, man. I'm fine with the stupidity in LHE, because I don't have to risk my stack on some decision that should be influenced by something someone said or showed three hours ago. I don't want to have to not listen to music or pay close attention to every hand to play well.

Change of plans...dads helping my brother on his house, mom and sister going to the state fair, so I'm just chilling at home.

I'm brining some chicken. Gonna throw it on the grill tonight. Some sweet corn. Mmmmmm.

ironically i don't like corn. but you go girl.

You like nothing that is fun or brings normal people joy, so no, its not really ironic

What was your deal last night? You seemed pissed, depressed, something.