I Called In Sick Today

In the majority of work situations, you get out of it what you put in. I hardly try at work and my current station at work proves that out. After the time I've put in to this industry, I should be a regional manager, but I hate sales and banking and skate by. I wish I did something I liked so I could work on being more successful and making some real quiche.

I'm certainly not lazy. I like hard work, just not sales. Dammit man, you're repeating yourself and making excuses. Stop it. No you stop it

you get the cause and effect, so hey, it's whatever. much different from "I don't know what I could do differently" coupled with "they must be incompetent."

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Sure you aren't into Iowa farm boys who can do your taxes and wax that asses? That shit will work

RM,

I applaud the sentiment, but you've put me in knockoff Kevin Bacon Chris Penn Footloose headspace.

Wouldn't that qualify you as and alcohol induced bi-girl?

No. I get the inquiries from friends, usually in the guise of "When are you going to start dating?" Sometimes from drunk women, but I don't drink that much--so it always feels like, "You're saying this because you don't want to be drunk and alone. I can do better."

I wouldn't say happier, just slightly less miserable. But it was a dead-end job and I knew it wouldn't be a good long term stay. And I thought it was necessary move to advance my career but Tilty disagrees.

Wait, what? I don't think I disagree(d) Look out for #1 cuz nobody else is gonna.

So pride? It's worth losing a valuable employee. Businesses expect attrition, I get that. My industry gives shit raises and they have to know it. 3-5% every year ain't gonna cut it, people are gonna look. And the company your applying too usually thinks you're worth more than the one you work for. Your company isn't going to volunteer to give you huge bumps in salary, so sometimes you gotta force their hand, I think. Again, only speaking for banking and what I've seen.

Not pride. The desire to not have one employee coming back for more every six months on top of the real possibility of other employees getting wind of this and coming with their hands out. You're thinking like a person, not a company.

it's basically the sales (financial advising) arm of the company I work for. good advisers are a relatively scarce commodity, whereas processing rtards are easily replaced.

I don't know, I just think people aren't realistic about what makes them useful or why promotions exist. this lifer who makes 25% more than me as an A1 was bitching to me that some younger person who had been there only 10 months just got a promotion over him. "I know more than her" he says. that's very likely true, but you also refuse to help train new employees, **** around during the day and still work several hours of OT, and have never innovated with anything.

Not sure I've ever agreed with anything you've written more.

It was much funnier when it happened. I don't know.

It was pretty funny this time too.

yeah, leaving people off a ranking list is the worst.

Sorry Hank. You can put yourself anywhere below Beans. You're a nice dude, and I feel bad I forgot you.

I just did a quote through progressive for my exact same coverage right now and its like $250/year. I...might need to make a call to my agent. My cars worth $2,500-$3,000. I know I should probably just self-insure but for $250 a year...meh.

If you get pulled over in Iowa without at least liability, then your fine will be more than $250.

tumblr_mlp29qg5C91rkj8fwo1_400.gif

Palestinian Chicken is such a great episode.

ron is such a natural with the ladies. I don't know how he does it. look at that. masterful.

I don't even know if I'm being sarcastic here or what.

I think we'll stick with sarcastic. Final answer

I'm not sure I'd want to live full time in London but Sydney would be sweet. And far less cold/foggy/rainy.

And, BEACHES with scantily clad women. Don't think that's a thing in London.

Regarding lady parts, I went out on Sunday night to Chicago at the Hollywood Bowl, and found myself in a crowd of randy and drunk lesbians.

TG, she's gunning for your spot.

I wouldn't say happier, just slightly less miserable. But it was a dead-end job and I knew it wouldn't be a good long term stay. And I thought it was necessary move to advance my career but Tilty disagrees.

I think it was the right move.

Napa, if you do well in public accounting you'll definitely make over $125k. Don't sell yourself short.

That "if" weighs heavily on him.

if I don't change my mind, it's completely possible.

Well then.

Reminds me of this guy asking about a baseball trade rumor yesterday. His question was, "There are rumors that you may or may not be traded; is this true or untrue?"