Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I hope you do, too. You certainly do. For all my constant complaining I'm probably doing alright. And I'm getting to be pretty good friends with the bosses son/daughter/her boyfriend. And not because of any diabolical scheme but because I spend 95% of my day with them and they're all cool people and they don't constantly make jokes at my expense.

I did end up talking to my contact. He basically said that they didn't like the people they interviewed after me and I'm still "not a no", but they still want to bring some others in.

Which basically says to me that if they can't find anybody better they might settle on me. And I can't say I don't blame them. Pretty big risk to hire me at my asking price with my experience and also having to move so far.

I don't believe that has been discussed yet. Would you like to?

Yes, please. Though I guess there's not much to say other than it looks amazing and I can't wait to see it.

I guess it's not a classic conversation piece.

That game last night was incredible. There were a hundred different little things that could've changed the outcome of the game.

Mhm. That Bosh rebound and kick to Allen was insane. I was very much on the Bosh bandwagon (he had that block as well) until the non-call foul. I can't believe his stupidity was rewarded. How the shit do you bump a guy taking a sideways fallaway three like that?

I'm torn, because I want both teams to win. I love the way the Spurs play and their personalities in general, but for years I've thought LJ has been even better than he generally gets credit for (if that's possible), and I'd like him to add more titles to the resume.

I feel like I've already quit this job. feels good, man.

I love that feeling. How long do you have?

I hope you do, too. You certainly do. For all my constant complaining I'm probably doing alright. And I'm getting to be pretty good friends with the bosses son/daughter/her boyfriend. And not because of any diabolical scheme but because I spend 95% of my day with them and they're all cool people and they don't constantly make jokes at my expense.

That's a nice spot to be in.

seriously? is your place of employment like a cross between office space and the road warrior or something?

you better toughen up new fish. better hit a motherfucker with a lunch tray and get used to shanking bitches or you're going to hate lights out for the duration of your tenure. now get back there and deuce in someone's desk drawer.

i never thought i would have an opportunity to actually interact with the milquetoast narrator from fight club. i hope you have your psychotic break soon 'cause you need some tyler durden in your life.

That whole post was awesome.

Anyway, being an animal doctor is fun so far. A little terrifying, but I'm finding that the other doctors where I work are pretty understanding about me asking a ton of questions. Most of it isn't medical related, more administrative junk, but I get lots of opinions on medical stuff too, solicited or not. It's occasionally awkward to figure out a way to say that certain things aren't "old school" as much they're "bad medicine". But there's very little of that at my place, which is nice.

Most interesting thing/person/cat so far? You know, like the old lady who made her cat sick by feeding it too much herring, or yuppie who tried to turn his cat into a vegetarian?

Couple real big ladies talking loudly near my desk. You wanna talk loudly near me you gotta be hot. I don't make the rules.

Or what, you'll befriend them and be at their beck and call the next few years?

Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.

It's not what you know, it's who you blow.

I did end up talking to my contact. He basically said that they didn't like the people they interviewed after me and I'm still "not a no", but they still want to bring some others in.

Which basically says to me that if they can't find anybody better they might settle on me. And I can't say I don't blame them. Pretty big risk to hire me at my asking price with my experience and also having to move so far.

Or they actually are excited about hiring you and just trying to finish the interview process as to have backups in case you break their hearts. Don't always assume the negative about something you don't know to be true. It's out of your hands now and what happens will happen. Also, being the "lowest guy on the rung" with your education and pay is typical for a young guy just starting out and still an immensely better situation than the 99% of the people I meet on a daily basis. For shit's sake, it could be much worse. You could be living in WISCONSON!

I do not feel like its a good spot to be in. I'm not lucky enough that any other people they interview will be worse than me and so I'm just sitting here thinking about how great it would be to leave this job and how much better the new job would be and not being able to stop myself from thinking that because I'm in all likliehood going to be here for awhile. And I won't be able to stop that until I get a definitive "no". It's like when you buy a lottery ticket, but if the odds were much better.

Oh and I agree with Strat's assessment of my taste and artistic creative ability, but really what's that got to do with it. I have fun, it keeps me busy and learning stuff. I mean the Fairy Lamp club isn't for just anyone......... Be back in a bit, off to Pinterest!

I'm torn, because I want both teams to win. I love the way the Spurs play and their personalities in general, but for years I've thought LJ has been even better than he generally gets credit for (if that's possible), and I'd like him to add more titles to the resume.

I'm rooting pretty hard for the Spurs because I hate the Heat. I've always been a Lebron defender/admirer, but he does a lot of stuff that I hate. Like flopping all the time. That being said, there was a timeout after he had turned the ball over for the second time in a row and the camera was on his face and he just looked so defeated that I legitimately felt bad for him. I knew that he was about to get scorched by the media because he had a really terrible last couple of minutes and I hate all the clutch talk. And what it means about his character and all that nonsense.

But that Allen three still pissed me off.

speedz, I haven't found another job yet, but I finally crossed the mental threshold where I have accepted that this place isn't going to recognize and properly reward the value I bring. so I'm just job searching to get a sense of whether people are going to be willing to hire me based on my experience. applied to a bunch of stuff last night, felt great about my qualifications.

I have pretty much decided I need to stop gifting them efficiencies and let them continue to waste their time. like, during this meeting today, in my head, I came up with the equation for quickly checking to catch a certain type of problem before processing (basically, avoid complication and confusion way before we typically notice it). I sketched it out on a pad for the end of meeting random discussion, then realized, oh right, just yesterday this guy told me I needed to wait another 180 days before I could be considered for the upgrade to $32k. closed up the pad and said nothing.

oh man, my manager had the intern's resume sitting out, I picked it up and said, "his résumé is SO much better than mine." and this VP who was walking by just starts laughing her ass off. I'm like, "hey, if it's true, it's true. lying to myself doesn't accomplish anything." but anyway yeah this junior in college has prior internship experience with an actual finance role and had a regular job and a 3.37 and even has stuff trying to suggest he knows VBA. so I mean, the dude would probably get most jobs over me. feels bad, man.

I'm in the studio, making radio spots today. This is a lot of fun. You all should think about doing it. There's no finance involved or nuthin'.

when you do nothing but poop out time savings (probably nearing 60 hours/month at this point) and receive no recognition, not even a BS piece of paper award, you start to wonder why you bother.

True dat.

you're a voice actor, too? I'm a little jealous

I wish I was. I've looked into it a bit, but my laziness has gotten in the way.

The spots we're making today are ones that I wrote, and I get to direct the voice actors who are being recorded in LA (while I'm in Detroit).

so, to them, it's like they're on the phone with someone from several decades ago and in far more immediate danger

Exactly. But handsome, too. I sound very handsome.

Most interesting thing/person/cat so far? You know, like the old lady who made her cat sick by feeding it too much herring, or yuppie who tried to turn his cat into a vegetarian?

Nothing interesting enough as of yet for me to want to write and you all to want to read.

I'm rooting pretty hard for the Spurs because I hate the Heat. I've always been a Lebron defender/admirer, but he does a lot of stuff that I hate. Like flopping all the time.

I agree that he's a flopper, but I also think that he gets hammered so much because he's such a big dude (for what he can do with the ball) that I'm not surprised he started trying to overplay how much the contact affects him. It's like when defenders were getting away with basically mugging Shaq.

speedz, I haven't found another job yet, but I finally crossed the mental threshold where I have accepted that this place isn't going to recognize and properly reward the value I bring. so I'm just job searching to get a sense of whether people are going to be willing to hire me based on my experience. applied to a bunch of stuff last night, felt great about my qualifications.

I was going to respond, but am currently distracted by the last 10 minutes of "Fighting". I've never seen the movie, but I seem to have flipped to the channel right before the final fight...I assume they're about to fight anyway. It's like Lionheart, but way worse. And with Channing Tatum, who I happen to think is a good dude, and pretty funny. Not sure if he can fight though.

The spots we're making today are ones that I wrote, and I get to direct the voice actors who are being recorded in LA (while I'm in Detroit).

So basically you yell at them to be funnier?

If it makes you feel any better, it was the worst fight scene I've ever wasted time watching. Just horrible. Anyway, you seem to have this decision pretty well covered.