I Called In Sick Today

oh and hey napa and suited and strat and whatever other losers are in here: don't get a girlfriend. god damn things are just too expensive. I've probably dropped 500 bucks in the past 3 weeks on stuff related to hanging out with her. I mean yeah, sex, but still.

and I mean yeah, she doesn't make me wear a bag, but still still.

That's nice, must make it easier to breathe.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I've decided I really want to be a doctor. If only so I can wear scrubs all day. Too bad I'm dumb and old and broke.

Thanks shake. I was more just venting than looking for sympathy. Wasn't able to see her when I stopped by. Things aren't looking the best. Kinda sucks. Saw her just a few weeks ago at the bar.

Have you been doing the same routine this whole time? Might be that your body has adjusted and you need to switch things up.

Yep. Same thing the whole time. I was thinking I might need to switch it up. I still have a bunch of weight to lose.

Sorry naps

Shake is right. It is crazy costly to court a lady about town. When I was single and on a good run, I pissed away tons of money. Hookers woulda been cheaper. Couple thousand bucks at least.

I joked that dudes sette for a woman because rhey are going broke from starting over with a new girl all the time, building back up to the takeout and a movie stage

I've decided I really want to be a doctor. If only so I can wear scrubs all day. Too bad I'm dumb and old and broke.

Thanks shake. I was more just venting than looking for sympathy. Wasn't able to see her when I stopped by. Things aren't looking the best. Kinda sucks. Saw her just a few weeks ago at the bar.

Hopefully she pulls through ok. Sorry about the bad news.

HEY BRAVEHEART THIS IS MY WAY OF GETTING YOUR ATTENTION INSTEAD OF QUOTING ONE OF YOUR POSTS

Give me the basic details of your current weight and diet/fitness regiment and I will offer a number of useful suggestions to help you kick your weight loss back into gear. I'm probably fatter than you, but only because I don't listen to my own advice.

Sorry about your uncle Ocho. 35 is way too young to have a heart attack.

Why should I heed your advice? Give me your condentials. Also, I'm fatter than you. I still have to lose about 90 pounds.

my body is a retard. that's all I'm trying to say. I'd die in any famine scenario, because it apparently doesn't stop burning regardless of what intake level I maintain. total moron body. polar opposite to what my teeth do, which is nothing short of remarkable.

doesn't stop burning regardless of what intake level I maintain.

shut the hell up.

Sorry to hear about your cousin Napa. Way too young to be dealing with that.

I meant her, not you.

Ocho, I've asked about decomposed granite in places outside of Northern CA and nobody knew what I was talking about. Even in WA they didn't know. I guess it only grows in CA. Too bad because, you're right, the stuff is great for roads, walkways etc...

I haven't slept for shit the last 2 nights due to this sinus infection/headache I've been dealing with. Today I pussed out and called in sick. Took 2 two hour naps. Still have a slight headache but otherwise feel better getting some sleep. Good news is that the luncheon cruise around Marina Del Rey is actually tomorrow, not today as I previously said so I won't miss out on that.

And, beans, I know I'm going to take heat for this but I'm not a huge In and out fan. I mean, it's ok, I just don't think it's nearly as good as all the hype they get. There are 3 of them within 20 minutes of my house and we do go occasionally because the wife and kids love it.

Happy Birthday Ron!

It was sympathetic of course.

And clever.

And, nobody else can. (like you "liking" your own post) The cross we both bear strat.

Don't most places sell by the yard, not weight?

Also, what about using crushed granite?

Most rock quarries...well ones Ive deal with in NV, AZ, AR, and MO sell by weight....main reason being when it rains and soaks the gravel, especially the fine stuff like grit, they pad their pockets selling water. They all have giant detention ponds on site and soak it themselves during the heat of summer to "abate dust". The ones that sell moisture resistant materials like clay charge by the yard.

Back in the mid nineties I used their little scam against them on a project where I bid several hundred tons of fine grit for a cross county water main....

The idea stemmed from another idea... one day in the heat of summer I adjusted a dump truck tailgate so it closed tightly with barely a gap of daylight between it and the bed. I then siliconed it up and closed the latch so it was water tight. Pulled it on the job site one morning and filled it from a nearby fire hydrant for the guys to take a cool off dip during breaks and lunch

Not only did employee moral improve, but it ended up making me enough to purchase a brand new used classic sports car...

I pulled it off by doing the same thing early one morning before heading to the quarry. Filled the bed halfway with water and rolled across the weigh scales. One the operator green lighted me I trekked off to the loading area about a mile down through piles of gravel to the loading area. About halfway I pulled in behind a large pile of SB2, popped the gate, and raised the bed. The force of the water broke the silicone free and released the liquid

Since they weighed me "empty" at several more tons than I actually weighed, for the rest of the day I got that much free material each and every trip...

I pulled that off for almost a month. Guys around the shop knew something was up since I hate driving trucks back in forth all day long like the plague. As usual, I couldnt keep my mouth shut and told Shane. Wasnt long before wind of my stunt filled the entire valley. I didnt really care since I never planned on doing it again, plus I got the car out of the deal. For some strange reason, not too long after the cat left the bag the operators required all rigs to weigh in empty every trip inside.

Now if you ever see it rolling down the highway why a red car has the nickname "Ole Limey" on the front license plate area

damn. I'm all out of sorts that my truck will only hold 3/4 of a ton in the bed.

I thought you had a half ton... its a fifteen hundred isnt it?

If not no wonder you complain about mileage. My three quarter gets ten if Im lucky and the kids half gets like twenty three or so

Oh, and damn beans. Lethal Weapon 4? Okay, I spewed pop.

Yep... and the crazy thing was that was the first one Id been to for years. Got sit down, pulled out eight or ten cans of beer from my BDU's, and got to drink two of them before a drunk plowed into a transformer outside the theater and killed the power. I waited for it to come out on HBO

Before we were married the wife witnessed at least three massive brawls inside theaters that centered around me and my hoodlums, forcing her to run for the car before the police arrived. Ill never forget her saying at the beginning of LWfour.... "Well, it looks like for the first time in our history I'll get to stay for the entire movie!"

To this day shes convinced the drunk in the car had to be one of my friends...

Can we get pictures of this access road? I need a visual.

I second this notion. Just go crazy this weekend with a full twit-tour of the activities. Show Mr. Mexi and the other look down nosers what hard work looks like.

Fatter than ever though and actually feel as if I have the will to correct it this time. At least a little bit.

My parents, as apparently Beans knows, will take any opportunity to visit Vegas. They get free rooms at the Venetian/ Palozzo whenever they want. We figure, if we're dropping coin, might as well get a vacation out of it, not a night of drinking for friends who I usually stupidly pick up their tabs anyway.

Man, Im tellin ya... go to the doc and get a script for adderall. The combination of that and three quarters cc testosterone a week has made me a machine. Im burning through projects that used to take weeks of intense procrastination in a few days now. I knew Id gotten lazy but compared to now I was an absolute vegetable a month or so ago. I mean, dont get me wrong, Im no Randy by any means but then again who is.

Doc warned me that the pounds would fly off and that it needed to be kept contained by eating some even if I didnt feel hungry. That combined with my recliner posting personal ads on craigslist due to loneliness I could probably get to the point of hiding behind speedys dream girl without an extra helpin of the wifes stomped potatoes and mortar once in a while...

...and yes, Vegas gets my vote as well. Just think, drive thru wedding chapel with a brides maids/groomsmen having a pool party in the dump truck following you there and back. Sell that to her.

I got extremely jeepstered today so I decided I would talk to brv and start liking my own posts. it's been real.

Why do you guys hate Brv so much? Is it because he says shit like this?

Why should I heed your advice? Give me your condentials. Also, I'm fatter than you. I still have to lose about 90 pounds.

And Beans, I just read your advice regarding my legal situation. Of course that was the first thing I thought of (besides buying one of those Groucho Marx glasses/nose/mustache "disguises"), but sadly it won't work.

When I was alleged to have committed the crime, I had just had my haircut. I remember because a friend of mine had a wedding right before Halloween. For most people, that wouldn't be a big deal, but I only get my hair cut for weddings and funerals, and nobody I like or am related to has found eternal love or died between then and a few days ago. Which meant I had to get my hair cut, again.

I'm not super concerned because I honestly didn't do it, but I have ridiculous luck (both good and bad), so I wouldn't be surprised if the lineup consists of me, Jet Li, Horatio Sanz, Butterbean,and Morgan Freeman.

My lawyer is just comically disinterested in this case. Like, he won't even engage me. Next time I see or talk to him, I'll take notes and repeat the stuff he says. It's just amazing how few shits this man cares about anything, least of all hiding how few shits he gives.

Doc warned me that the pounds would fly off and that it needed to be kept contained by eating some even if I didnt feel hungry. That combined with my recliner posting personal ads on craigslist due to loneliness I could probably get to the point of hiding behind speedys dream girl without an extra helpin of the wifes stomped potatoes and mortar once in a while...

My mom recently turned 58, and she has always had mild struggles with her weight. She's not fat, but she wishes she could be skinnier and is too old to really care TOO much, so I stole 10 adderal from my girlfriend and gave them to my ma like 6 months ago. She fought me tooth and nail, refused to take them, didn't want to abuse drugs, etc., but I left them with her and told her that she would both benefit from it and really enjoy the experience.

I saw her two weeks ago. She had a scrip for adderal and was happier than I'd ever seen her

Edit: I think, maybe, one of the reasons my mom loves adds so much is that she loves two things. She loves to read, and she loves her dog. She enrolled that motherfucker in an agility class and they both love it. She reads better and more than she ever did before. She's never been able to sleep, and now it doesn't matter.

Edited by NickCave

sounds like the trial, or catch-22, or something. except it's happening to you. man, that sucks for you.

It's too absurd to be Kafka and too unimportant to be Heller. Or... is it the opposite? (<-------- SMART!)

But seriously, it's effing surreal. It feels like everyone but me is a layer removed from reality, and I'm the only person that is a person.