I Called In Sick Today

I'm on my second glass (between 3-4 oz each) of honey whiskey. Ron knows what I'm talking about. I love this honey stuff.

The Jack Daniels Honey stuff? It's pretty good, but underproofed, which is annoying. I'm tempted to use it to make a Rusty Nail out of curiousity.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I don't care about ass,

Blue Moon is fucking terrible.

YOU'RE KILLING ME SMALLS!

I still don't know what he means.

Ditto

The show starts getting really good in episode 4. I'm so happy it's back.

Holy shit, I thought I was an alcoholic. Apparently I have much to learn.

If were doing the beer count...I had a coors light, a high life (both in bottles) and two 24 oz cans of bud light today.

So... a six pack?

YOU'RE KILLING ME SMALLS!

Look, Blue Moon is just awful. I'm not a booze snob by any stretch. You're not going to hear me say stuff like, "I only drink Trappist beer. And I mean the authentic stuff, not that knockoff wannabe shit." I mean, I just said it, so I guess... I'll never say it sincerely, I mean. I drank 8 cheap domestic beers and a pint of cheap vodka tonight, and it did the job.

However, Blue Moon pretends to be something other than utter swill, and I can not abide anyone thinking that isn't the case. Drink an, I dunno, a Hoegaarden? Hefeweizen? What are the decent wheat beers that people like, nowadays? I haven't really drank a good wheat beer since I lived in East Lansing.

GET OUT

Look, I know a lot of people like asses. I just happen to find tits and legs more attractive, probably because I'm white and date really white girls all the time. I don't like "thickness." I have no problem with curves, but once a body starts even approaching "thick" in any way, I start docking points. I'm annoyingly tall, just shy of obnoxiously tall I've been told, so give me a chick who's 5'8"+, with a well-shaped C cup, and I'll be a happy man. I'd rather a girl have a good abdomen than a great ass.

****ing sue me.

Aaaaand, it's time for the moment of truth. I'm at her place, and she's been in the shower for like 35 minutes. If she comes out looking sexy, I'm good. If she comes out in PJs, I'm fucked. She's pretty drunk, so have no idea what to epect. I hate when I have no idea whether I'm about to be guilty of date rape or not.

EDIT: I'm also pretty drunk. It's been a while since I've done this, so I probably shouldn't have done this. Good news is, I'm guaranteed not to embarrass myself by finishing the moment she breathes on it. Bad news is, there's like a 50% chance, come tomorrow, she's telling everybody I work with my dick doesn't work. God I hate dating.

Oh, I wasn't saying I was an alcoholic for drinking that today. Just that I was making fun of everybody else talking about their fancy-schmancy-hoity-toity beers. I didn't actually feel like drinking today, but when in Rome. Also, the game was only 7 innings since I guess it was a double header.

I was merely complimenting you on your commitment to getting drunk. Kudos.

So, when I got home, I had nothing to do. I went to a random page in this thread (it wasn't really random; I decided to go back exactly two years, but I wanted to get the run-up, too, so decided to go back to the beginning of May, 2011, but, because I am drunk and stupid, I ended up at the beginning of March 2010, and I'm going to end the parenthetical now), and I saw this exchange

Can you be 23 year old female college student and not know what a tilt steering wheel is on a car? And I mean, if not, can't you guess?

Sure. Are you going to be the dashing mustachio'd car salesman that will teach me about tilt steering wheels and my blossoming sexuality?

That's about perfect, right? Is there a better post in this thread?

O was more making a joke about the 1k feet. Truth is, I'm crazy out of shape for uphill walks

I know...but I was gonna milk that shit for days... maybe weeks... of my own entertainment

party poopster

Anyhoo... last evening I made a quick trek to the pharmacy for some crown. Decided to take the pooches. Wound up driving around and polished off about half a prescription before turning back in the driveway

Immediately upon entering the gates the younger of the duo spotted a wabbit running directly in front of the truck. Of course she stuck her nose out the window and started barking...

I goosed the throttle and the chase was on. Dog was going crazy pawing and howling and I was laughing my ass off

Pretty soon the prey strayed from the road and so did we. What followed was approximately ten minutes of high speed maneuvers around the compound. The dog would run from side to side as Peter tried to shake us by running through random areas like the wifes flower beds and in between trash cans. It was pretty awesome

Unfortunately, I staggered outside this morning to find the yard looking like a cargo plane full of tulips crashed into a landfill...

As soon as I muster up the courage to look at the truck Ill be heading to home depot for new trash cans

My roommate sent an ink pen through the dryer and f'd it all up. He's cleaning it up so, whatever, accidents happen. Just stinks I was planning on doing a lot of laundry today and this may take some time.

My roommate sent an ink pen through the dryer and f'd it all up. He's cleaning it up so, whatever, accidents happen. Just stinks I was planning on doing a lot of laundry today and this may take some time.

I heard the best way to clean it up is to send a dry erase marker through the dryer now.

• Like 1

That sounds like PJs talk.

2 hrs, 23 minutes from post to post. Definitely enough time for a dine and dash to have taken place.

The question now is, who texts who first and what day/time does the first text come in?

391400_579366205441259_2039682630_n.jpg

I'm moderately sad to have missed the past week around here...there was some funny stuff, an interesting discussion full of some horribly misguided (and therefore funny) opinions, etc. Like the good old days. I'd like to comment on all of it, but even though I was enjoying the catch-up I still didn't feel like reading more than a handful of pages. Plus I'm supposed to be packing right now.

it just doesn't seem like the type of detail he'd share with us

This was one of the funny ones.

Yeah, Nick basically just described a day in the life of me. Granted the stuff Ronnie said certainly isn't helping, but it's more than just that. Might even have a nice little dose of PTSD mixed in there still from when I was younger that went untreated.

I haven't been able to follow this whole Napa depression thing. All I know is it's new to me (that it's real) and I'm upset about it.

No, Whiskers and Speedz seem to be pretty well adjusted.

People do tend to give me shit for being obnoxiously well adjusted. I guess it's probably true, but I feel like it makes me somewhat boring. I guess Whiskers was the same way, but we don't know how he died...it could have included any number of ridiculous skeletons in his closet. For all we know he went out during a session of auto-erotic asphyxiation while watching a video of elderly Asian women diddling guinea fowl. If he's dead, that is. Is he dead?

Anyway, I agree with Ron. Shit or get off the pot. No matter the situation you can always come up with a thousand excuses not to do something about it. Stop it and do something about it. Seriously. Please. You guys are too young and have too much life ahead of you to waste on something that can, one way or the other, be helped.

Had an afternoon "fun day" at work where we took all the store managers to Dave and Busters for lunch and "team building".

Is there an "awkward transition" category in the annual sickie awards?

So, when I got home, I had nothing to do. I went to a random page in this thread (it wasn't really random; I decided to go back exactly two years, but I wanted to get the run-up, too, so decided to go back to the beginning of May, 2011, but, because I am drunk and stupid, I ended up at the beginning of March 2010, and I'm going to end the parenthetical now), and I saw this exchange

That's about perfect, right? Is there a better post in this thread?

I'm feeling a mix of pride and shame, since I know I'm not at that level anymore.

I haven't been able to follow this whole Napa depression thing. All I know is it's new to me (that it's real) and I'm upset about it.

Oh no, not you too!

I'm feeling a mix of pride and shame, since I know I'm not at that level anymore.

See, it's starting already. Maybe you should go for a run.

I told you, I'm well adjusted, a full run is way overkill for this guy. Two jumping jacks and I don't even remember what I was upset about.

Well, maybe if you were drinking a jog-beer at the same time, you'd be less well adjusted. If you were running to chase some hottie* while swigging on a beer, you'd be a Sickie...

*no rape!

You are the worst.

So that would be the best of the worst, right? As long as I'm the best at something.

Is there an "awkward transition" category in the annual sickie awards?

I cannot believe it took so long for someone to mention that. But I knew if anyone would notice, it would be the Doc. Or Whiskers. Really I expected

a typical Whiskers condesending, disappointed, hurtful reply but, you know...RIP forum.

save it for the still photo thread, son.

Well, that was my first instinct but the only reason I posted it was for Ron and I didn't know for sure that he'd see it over there.

Don't worry your pretty little head about me, Speedzy. I'll be fine, just as I always have. I've gotten used to it. Plus, I just ordered a bunch of clothes from the Gap, because as much as I'd like to be, I'm not better than the Gap. They had a lot of sales and I needed to update my summer warddrobe a bit. Hopefully it'll all be to big for me in a month or two (but probably not because I'm lazy), but that's a risk I'm willing to take with how little I'm spending

save it for the still photo thread, son.

Um.  No.  The random photo thread isn't for stupid facebook meme pics either.I think the politics forum would be perfect.

So should we also start allowing smilies and derogatory posts about Randy Reed!?

You, of all people, should understand this is a slippery slope, Suited.  Soon, the gays will want to marry animals.