I Called In Sick Today

so I am now the proud owner of half of 86 acres. not 43 acres, but half of 86. whatever, it's mine, and I love it. and I will hug it and pet it and love it and hug it. who needs a woman's touch when you can cut wood on your own land? NOBODY. I would have made a great homesteader.

Who owns the other half and what's your plan for the land? Your land plan.

I don't remember you asking our advice on whether you should own this land.

It was probably in that 6 pages you missed.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Pretty hot here today. They say 90 and I believe them.

It's supposed to be 84 in the Windy City.

I think he said it was his sister that owned the other half, but who knows if he even has a sister.

nope, my dead uncle. now his wife, at least as soon as all of that is sorted out. hopefully she'll want to sell her half so I can buy it using my current half as collateral. really need a better job to be comfortable there but I'll figure something out. sell my car if I have to.

well, it's 6 months now. I have a 1:1 with my manager this week. kinda wondering if I'm best off looking somewhere else of they're going to make me wait the full year (I qualify now if you count my time as a temp). I feel like my department's VP isn't going to let me go early.

I can do what I did here for other places. I proved that with the government stint. kinda figure with the job market looking up, it won't be hard to trump the $32k they will bump me to 6 months from now. I don't know.

So is it just for camping, lawn-mowing, and log-cutting, or are you going to build a homestead?

all of the above possibly. it's mainly just to keep it in the family as I'm pretty much the only one that wouldn't sell it at the first opportunity. but I would eventually like to put a house there maybe, and even if I don't, it's still a pretty good investment I figure. plus if I own it outright I'll be a landowner and can finally wear a cowboy hat.

all of the above possibly. it's mainly just to keep it in the family as I'm pretty much the only one that wouldn't sell it at the first opportunity. but I would eventually like to put a house there maybe, and even if I don't, it's still a pretty good investment I figure. plus if I own it outright I'll be a landowner and can finally wear a cowboy hat.

it's farmland? farmland is in a bubble. you should sell immediately and buy tech stocks or REITs or gold. start selling and buying things--doesn't matter what--immediately.

• Like 1

I don't know.

I don't either. You should try to get back on that spacefox (or whatever) team.

I thought you were already a landowner? Or maybe you don't consider the shack to be on real land.

Fair point. And no way to prove you wrong either. :throws hands up:

I WON ONE!

Play it cool, speedz. Play it cool.

He can't sell that land. He just invested in a new chainsaw for crying out loud!

nope, my dead uncle. now his wife, at least as soon as all of that is sorted out. hopefully she'll want to sell her half so I can buy it using my current half as collateral. really need a better job to be comfortable there but I'll figure something out. sell my car if I have to.

I knew it was a woman. My memory is like a steel trap.

it's farmland? farmland is in a bubble. you should sell immediately and buy tech stocks or REITs or gold. start selling and buying things--doesn't matter what--immediately.

This is the best thing I've read since I started ****ing around here. But take that with a grain of salt. I'm pretty drunk.

Can I be on Team Spacefox?

Dibs on the fat fuck frog. Ribbit ribbit.

I thought you were already a landowner? Or maybe you don't consider the shack to be on real land.

well yeah if we're counting land like ocho counts land then I've already got a vast estate, but no, I'm not really counting my current three acres as being in "landowner" status. a man's gotta be able to stand and look across a vast acreage of trees and fields to be able to call himself a landowner.

Slippy Toad!

Falco Lombardi had the best sound effect in the original.

And the best name of all time. I love to imagine the writers workshopping potential names. "Well, he's a Falcon, so what if we chop the last letter off? Make him EDGY. 'Falco,' the Italian Falcon. Wait, is Falco Italian? That sounds, you know, like a pretty Italian name. Right? Anybody have any last name ideas? Come on, people, pitches, pitches, pitches."

bunch of elation in the office right now from the KU fans

I hope Ender just crushes next year. I really don't want UK and their 19 5-star recruits winning Calipari another title.

I know I'm totally alone on this, but I've never really understood why top ranking recuits go to powerhouse schools. At a powerhouse, they are just one of many. If they went to a lesser school, then they would be a god forever at that school. They wouldn't have to pay for anything, and they would always have a job, even once they go bankrupt from wasting all their NBA money.

I know I'm totally alone on this, but I've never really understood why top ranking recuits go to powerhouse schools. At a powerhouse, they are just one of many. If they went to a lesser school, then they would be a god forever at that school. They wouldn't have to pay for anything, and they would always have a job, even once they go bankrupt from wasting all their NBA money.

Exposure, coaching, competition, winning. Probably in something resembling that order, and ignoring things like "cash." Besides, players like Wiggins aren't going to be "one of many" no matter where they go