Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

It's a little less than 1/3 of a football field. If it's got trees and other things you have to mow around, you aren't getting that done in 10 MInutes. Hell the 10,000 sqft area that is just field with no trees takes 20 minutes just driving back and forth at full throttle.

I don't think an area from the goal line to the 30 yd line is going to impress anybody with the "vast expanse" of grass you have to cover.

Obstacles are the real time killer. And beer.

• Like 1

Do you guys have any idea how much 1/3 of an acre of grass is?

I grew up on a corner lot with 1/3 acre of grass, and it took 2+ hours to mow every week with a walk-behind. My senior yearbook has under my picture (and several of my friends who used to help out so we could get on with fun stuff) "can usually be found: mowing the lawn at the Jubi Estate". It was especially annoying because my father liked to imagine it was a baseball field or something and made us mow on these ridiculous angles.

Do you guys have any idea how much 1/3 of an acre of grass is?

yes, it's 1/9th of what I have to mow every single week. pussy.

so anyways, it's raining like hell here. started up slow this morning but I knew what the forecast was so I took my new windshield wipers out to my car to install before I left for work. left out and it was only barely misting. flipped em one time and they left streaks all over the place. that was confusing. these are brand new. maybe you have to break them in a little, or maybe it was just my windshield being a jerk since it's only misting.

so I keep on going, hitting the single wipe ever 30 seconds or so but they don't get any better. gotta figure it's just because it's misting and it can't wipe good with mist. by the time I get to work it's starting to come down pretty heavy but I'll be damned if they got any better. still streaking like crazy.

so I get out of my car when I get to work and bring a napkin from my glove box to clean them off. that's the only option left I figure. so I wipe the first one down and the damn thing slides right off. what the hell? cheap pieces of shit. except they cost $17 a piece. but wait... there's another blade underneath this one... what the?

oh. that was the cover. yeah.

yes, it's 1/9th of what I have to mow every single week. pussy.

so anyways, it's raining like hell here. started up slow this morning but I knew what the forecast was so I took my new windshield wipers out to my car to install before I left for work. left out and it was only barely misting. flipped em one time and they left streaks all over the place. that was confusing. these are brand new. maybe you have to break them in a little, or maybe it was just my windshield being a jerk since it's only misting.

so I keep on going, hitting the single wipe ever 30 seconds or so but they don't get any better. gotta figure it's just because it's misting and it can't wipe good with mist. by the time I get to work it's starting to come down pretty heavy but I'll be damned if they got any better. still streaking like crazy.

so I get out of my car when I get to work and bring a napkin from my glove box to clean them off. that's the only option left I figure. so I wipe the first one down and the damn thing slides right off. what the hell? cheap pieces of shit. except they cost $17 a piece. but wait... there's another blade underneath this one... what the?

oh. that was the cover. yeah.

haha

I don't know how big my yard is except that it's an hour push mower yard. I really have been thinking of spending a grand to be able to do it in half hour but have the drinking time mixed in which apparently doesn't save any acdtual time, but has the added benefit of alcohol. I'd have a hard time selling this to wife as it seems silly to run and then come home and have to ride a push mower, and well, I don't think I've had a drink this year so far.... Man, I really need to get one of these things. I guy can dream...

Has anyone told him the rules?

No. There was a vague implication that being bad with women is preferred, if not an outright prerequisite, but that's the extent of it. I am terrible at women, for the most part. My only successes are the result of some combo of shame, extreme lack of shame, and alcoholism.

• Like 1

got my GMAT study materials today. **** yea, progress. thinking about signing up for a C++ course or something at a community college this summer.

Check out CodeAcademy

Cleaning up my closet and I found some of my old posters from college. Can I hang them up in my closet if they're not really visible to people unless they're in my closet? The Oceans 11 poster and an entourage poster fwiw. I really like them. It's a walk-in closet with a door that I keep closed 90% of the time.

The 80's had the best posters.

farrah_fawcett.jpgs_id35473.jpg

Ron Mexico,

How did you curtail your FB habit? I don't go on it at my work, but check it on my phone all the time. Even if it's not all the time, the annoyance I feel flaring up at the self important idiots is just yuuuge.

Sup Napa.

I think both of those posters give off the vibe we're trying to create for you. Two thumbs up in my book.

In Seattle for work. 85 and sunny today. I may have to move here. Although we went to a seafood place for dinner, and Dawson doesn't eat seafood.

Saw on facebook my guy Shake bought that badass chainsaw. Then came on here and read how much it costs. Had a good chuckle at that.

mower-husqvarna.jpg

Brv this is what I have. I mow about 1/3 acre of grass in about 45 minutes if I am going quick, 2 hours if I want to drink. Has a nice cup holder, could easily hold a 32 ounce long island ice tea. I have the bag catchers on back now. Plenty of leg room even for a monster like you.

I don't believe it. I've never sat on a rider that had a seat that could go back far enough to be comfortable.

I went to a bar alone tonight. That's the last thing a man can do before he has to admit his life has gone off the rails, right? "I need a gin and tonic and a pint, please. Just leave them both right here in front of me and put them on my card. No no, there's really no need to keep that stool open. Please, sit. Or... sure, just go ahead and drag it to the other end of the bar."

Now I am watching Breaking Bad and drinking all the booze in the apartment out of spite. And sadness.

It's a little less than 1/3 of a football field. If it's got trees and other things you have to mow around, you aren't getting that done in 10 MInutes. Hell the 10,000 sqft area that is just field with no trees takes 20 minutes just driving back and forth at full throttle.

Forest Gump could mow that shit in 15.

The Oceans 11 poster and an entourage poster fwiw.

How did you curtail your FB habit? I don't go on it at my work, but check it on my phone all the time. Even if it's not all the time, the annoyance I feel flaring up at the self important idiots is just yuuuge.

This is kind of a silly question. Just stop ****ing looking at it. After 36 hours away you won't give a shit anymore.

I went to a bar alone tonight. That's the last thing a man can do before he has to admit his life has gone off the rails, right? "I need a gin and tonic and a pint, please. Just leave them both right here in front of me and put them on my card. No no, there's really no need to keep that stool open. Please, sit. Or... sure, just go ahead and drag it to the other end of the bar."

Now I am watching Breaking Bad and drinking all the booze in the apartment out of spite. And sadness.

Whoever (whomever?) you are, I really like this post and everything it stands for.

Whoever (whomever?) you are, I really like this post and everything it stands for.

I introduced myself a handful of pages ago. There seems to be a mild preoccupation around here that everyone here is Batman, but I'm really nobody. And that post stands for spite. And Sadness. And some kind of post-modern synonym for "loneliness tinged with ennui."

Actually, you're probably talking about Bryan Cranston. It definitely stands for Bryan Cranston. I want to make sure that is clear.

Bryan Cranston.

I should have been more clear. I actually don't particularly care who you are (or aren't). Whether you're yet another incarnation of someone I know or a random new poster, all that matters is that I was entertained.

I had something else to say, but your response distracted me.