Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

The money you make from writing the great book will just be whatever you think you're going to be making in real life now. So you think you're going to make $100k (adjusted for inflation of course) a year at the top of your career, then that's what the book gets you. The point being don't consider this choice to be a financial windfall, but it also doesn't mean you have to sacrifice financially for it either.

Loogie, I said in the hypothetical that you make millions. Owen Wilson in MiP seemed to be doing ok.

Let's say you just won a "dream house" contest. You can choose from these options:

5,000 square foot mansion with all the latest amenities. You live in a neighborhood surrounded by similar houses (not like cookie-cutter, but just other mansions). Your property is fairly small however, so you don't have much yard space.

1,500 square foot house with standard amenities. But you have 50 acres of land surrounding you. Mostly just open area, but if you want a lot of trees or something, you can have that. No lake or river though.

2,000 square foot house with standard amenities. But you're right on a lake. You have no real yard (you know, because of the lake). There are other houses around the lake next to you. (You can swap in THE BEACH instead of a lake if you want.)

3,000 square foot penthouse condo with all the latest amenities. Obviously no yard. You live in the heart of a major U.S. city.

Am I missing another comparable option?

What do you pick?

Napa makes enough to support us all now. We can live with him. Strat will play his online games. You will listen to music and work out. I will watch sports all day. None of us will ever even see a woman. It will be awesome.

Edit: double ol/dr!

I go house on beach. No yard.

weird things are happening here as well. some girl smiled at me as she was leaving the gym. I was walking the opposite way. I gave the half smile in return, then did a worried double-take. why would this random girl smile at me? people in my age group don't typically do that. was something wrong? was I supposed to know her? anyway, I don't think I waited long enough to do the worried double-take and she might have seen it.

I mean, she definitely saw it.

weird things are happening here as well. some girl smiled at me as she was leaving the gym. I was walking the opposite way. I gave the half smile in return, then did a worried double-take. why would this random girl smile at me? people in my age group don't typically do that. was something wrong? was I supposed to know her? anyway, I don't think I waited long enough to do the worried double-take and she might have seen it.

I mean, she definitely saw it.

My biggest concern with this post is that you think people don't smile at other people if they are in their 20's.

I might not be the right person to ask, but no one smiles at me and I never smile at them. I don't want I appear weak or that I care if they live or die. But yeah smiling at strangers as you walk by is over. Doesn't happen.

The final 8 breaking bad episodes are gonna be tits. I hope Jesse survives.

VB really did come back strong last night. I wonder why he hasn't been posting because he clearly kept up with what's happening. Unlike speedz who just wanders in like a lost child in the middle of a movie.

Well I clicked on the next page button like 6 weeks ago. It just finally loaded yesterday.

The money you make from writing the great book will just be whatever you think you're going to be making in real life now. So you think you're going to make $100k (adjusted for inflation of course) a year at the top of your career, then that's what the book gets you. The point being don't consider this choice to be a financial windfall, but it also doesn't mean you have to sacrifice financially for it either.

Loogie, I said in the hypothetical that you make millions. Owen Wilson in MiP seemed to be doing ok.

Let's say you just won a "dream house" contest. You can choose from these options:

5,000 square foot mansion with all the latest amenities. You live in a neighborhood surrounded by similar houses (not like cookie-cutter, but just other mansions). Your property is fairly small however, so you don't have much yard space.

1,500 square foot house with standard amenities. But you have 50 acres of land surrounding you. Mostly just open area, but if you want a lot of trees or something, you can have that. No lake or river though.

2,000 square foot house with standard amenities. But you're right on a lake. You have no real yard (you know, because of the lake). There are other houses around the lake next to you. (You can swap in THE BEACH instead of a lake if you want.)

3,000 square foot penthouse condo with all the latest amenities. Obviously no yard. You live in the heart of a major U.S. city.

Am I missing another comparable option?

What do you pick?

Beach.

NO YOU CAN'T SELL IT YOU HAVE TO LIVE THERE THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.

I didn't mean to yell, just had my caps lock on and decided to go with it.

I think I would go lake, beach, penthouse, mansion, 50 acres.

I really don't know how much 50 acres is. Is that a lot?

I had no idea a section of craigs like that existed....

I wonder how many listings are for me on there

Anyhoo... for several months now a group of fellows in Vegas has been pestering me to design and build something. This morning they somehow did. Somehow being a lump of cash. At Icewater Enterprises we only deal in lumps delivered in brown paper sacks for projects that we dont want to do...

So get this... a mobile surfing machine. Trailer mounted. Size limited only to a fifty three foot semi flatbed trailer. Can be smaller, though. Somehow I have to package it to run self contained for setting up at events without utilities

Ive simmered on the theory of the thing for quite a while now since it was my idea in the first place. Came across one in San Diego a few years back on the BEACH that was built into a bar, then drunkenly stammered out the idea at the bar one evening to pull one around to events. Guys with me were convention organizers whos been needling me ever since for one...

The details of this thing will probably exceed anything Ive ever pulled off. The angle of ramp, volume of water, chorination system, water storage and return system, getting maximum gravity assist, to name just a few. Rider safety is a big one. Plus it has to be easy enough that a drunk teenage girl can do for at least a few seconds to entice others to attempt it

I also need to throw in a huge tidbit that strains the envelope....heating the water. It may seem stupid to anyone not having a pool in Vegas but they all have to be heated or youll freeze to death even in the heat of summer...

Im not even sure I can break the laws of thermodynamics

In other news, they Beans Saying of the Week is.... "The little hand says it time to rock and roll!"

• Like 1

I'm going to have to go with Hollywood hack, only because it gets the money to my family while we can enjoy it together.

Well, unless you come down with an illness that will eventually kill you, since you won't let them spend any of that money on keeping you from the whole death thing.

My biggest concern with this post is that you think people don't smile at other people if they are in their 20's.

Are we all going to ignore the fact that while stratso wasn't smiled at, stratorexic has been? Are the implications not clear?

there's a reason almost none of the 18-22 year old pros are on track to finish school on time, or at all.

Because they make bad decisions? Didn't you say that top tier salary was like $20k or something?

JJJ, give us a hypothetical about some trait that we could have/be a master at. Writing would definitely be up there for me, mainly because I'm so terrible.

Yeah, but what does that have to do with you being a writer?

So get this... a mobile surfing machine. Trailer mounted. Size limited only to a fifty three foot semi flatbed trailer. Can be smaller, though. Somehow I have to package it to run self contained for setting up at events without utilities

I've played on this. I don't know if you could make it smaller and still have it work. I suppose if it collapsed into a trailer somehow, but I'm not sure. It would have to be pretty sturdy.

Are we all going to ignore the fact that while stratso wasn't smiled at, stratorexic has been? Are the implications not clear?

Good call. Maybe stratorexic just isn't used to being svelte and sexy, so he's not used to all this attention. Plus he probably never smiles either, so he's got kind of a brooding, mysterious thing going for him.

I've played on this. I don't know if you could make it smaller and still have it work. I suppose if it collapsed into a trailer somehow, but I'm not sure. It would have to be pretty sturdy.

I clicked on your link and this picture came up:

rs1172_Yfcoulombe_2011_win_ph_0392-scr__large.jpg

Not sure if I'm supposed to report you to the authorities or something.