• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I still get the occasional email advertising this or that trading tool due to all the apps I submitted in 2010. I finally responded to one that appeared to come from a CEO. said something like, "your decision on my app is somewhat related to the relevance this email has for me."

boom, snark level 30 achieved

Taking the day off, paid of course, so I can go to the bank and get cashiers checks to take out to the property manager for the house we're renting. $4850 down the drain.

But at least it has a roof.

so when I was doing this macro dev to make my job quicker, I had gaps in time where I wasn't entering stuff into the system. I was called in by my supervisor and this was presented as a gotcha. I suspected and confirmed: my numbers were identical to my coworker who was doing no such dev work. so I of course said very little and assured her it wouldn't happen again.

I'm interviewing with SS on Tuesday. how do I ask for the time to do this without nuking my chances here if SS doesn't want me back? My contacts at SS are likely ecstatic with the news but you never know with HR.

so when I was doing this macro dev to make my job quicker, I had gaps in time where I wasn't entering stuff into the system. I was called in by my supervisor and this was presented as a gotcha. I suspected and confirmed: my numbers were identical to my coworker who was doing no such dev work. so I of course said very little and assured her it wouldn't happen again.

I'm interviewing with SS on Tuesday. how do I ask for the time to do this without nuking my chances here if SS doesn't want me back? My contacts at SS are likely ecstatic with the news but you never know with HR.

They track your key strokes? WTF? ANd you are buliding a macro to make it go faster, but you didn't want to tell them? I don't understand.

she knew I was doing this. she doesn't understand that it takes time. I had also been doing work differently so it goes in bursts, eg faster overall pace but periods of sorting where it looks to the system that I have done nothing for an hour.

I don't really want to lie, but I guess I can. hmm. I know exactly how this is going to look, because it is pretty much what it looks like, so...

as far as why, I hate the job, I am up against 20 other people when the next opening is listed publicly, and I haven't seen any positions listed publicly in the month+ I've been here. on top of that, now my supervisor thinks I'm unproductive and had to give me a verbal warning already. so why not go back to SS and have them pay for my masters instead, doing work I actually kind of enjoy?

Ocho: I am pretty sure robbers dont walk around and just turn door nobs to see if the house is open then go in

JLL: yeah

JLL: drunks do though. do you really want to wake up with Beans sleeping on your living room couch?

JLL: ok, bad example

Ocho: you realize im never locking my door now if that is a possibility

JLL: leave a trail of coronas on your front walk imo

decided not to lie. she either has a great poker face or didn't care. hooray.

wait, what? does this mean that you asked for time off your job so that you could go interview for another job? did they give you all the time in the world?

i mean, it seems like maybe you didn't get fired immediately for this. but this is a terrible idea, if you did what it seems like you did.

Hot girl who works in a different department who has a jerk cop boyfriend who's really not a jerk but I really want him to be has been across the crucible divider talking to my married bro for the past fifteen minutes and I'm getting irrational angry.

I better get that job offer because I'm going to get fired when security checks the tapes and find out I was the one who pee'd all over her cubicle this weekend in an attempt to mark my territory.

wait are you jealous of her or him? between you and strat I'm more confused than I am with that girl at work.

had a nice little day today, got my hair goslinged, ate some chipotle, got a sweet new sweater for cheap as hell from urban outfitters. probably gonna rub one out and take a shower now. successful I'd say.

decided not to lie. she either has a great poker face or didn't care. hooray.

why would she care, she's getting rid of an obvious slacker according to the productivity tracking

Well, I thought my novel of describing her and her complete unavailability made it clear I was jealous of him for having her talk to him.

Buuut I know I've talked about my inability to talk to my bro across the aisle and so I could see the confusion.

I'm going to pee on her stuff to let everyone know she belongs to me.

Also, some assholes got in a wreck literally right in front of my driveway and glared at me like I was the ******* for trying to pull into my driveway.

damn napa I thought you were finally coming out

also purchased today: lagunitas sumpin sumpin ale. it was the only one I saw in whole foods that I recognized and I had to be quick because I had to pee. drinking one now and I think I like it. smells like a pale ale but tastes regular with a little sweetness. kind of strange.

on another note, does whole foods put fucking bathrooms in their stores or what? swear I've walked every inch of that place and no bathroom. who does that?

• Like 1

it just kind of clicked today after the shitty meeting, that SS might hire me for similar money, meaning I could get started on a masters sooner, etc. the drive will suck but I can deal.

I just feel like I'm totally wasting my time with this government job. maybe both opportunities are a waste of time. I have no idea. I need more education before my situation will improve, clearly.

wait are you jealous of her or him? between you and strat I'm more confused than I am with that girl at work.

had a nice little day today, got my hair goslinged, ate some chipotle, got a sweet new sweater for cheap as hell from urban outfitters. probably gonna rub one out and take a shower now. successful I'd say.

Speaking of which, can you tell us about the blowup you had with this girl? It's been eating at me.

it just kind of clicked today after the shitty meeting, that SS might hire me for similar money, meaning I could get started on a masters sooner, etc. the drive will suck but I can deal.

I just feel like I'm totally wasting my time with this government job. maybe both opportunities are a waste of time. I have no idea. I need more education before my situation will improve, clearly.

Education isn't the imperative part. Finding a passion and going after it is the key, I think. And Mark Cuban thinks it too. I think

Education isn't the imperative part. Finding a passion and going after it is the key, I think. And Mark Cuban thinks it too. I think

wait, what blowup? did I have a blowup?

Yeah, he's a superfag

oh indeed.

guys I love the show the walking dead. I'm sure you didn't know so that's why I'm typing it out here. I really like it. think I'm gonna go back to school become a scientist and invent a zombie virus so I can be like daryl and shoot zombies in the face.