I Called In Sick Today

Sorry Napa. As a consolation prize, I got a good chuckle at your post though.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Ive mentioned it here before but Wang was my bookie (allegedley for any feds watching) for a short time period and I'm owed somewhere between $100-$130. Can't remember exact amount, but its whatever. I basically wrote it off awhile ago and was more joking than anything.

Carls Jr. refused my $20 today. It was a bill from 1985 (I almost wrote $1985 for some reason (well I did write $1985 but I deleted the $ (actually I deleted the whole thing with backspace and rewrote the 1985 bit)) so I was kinda wondering if that was going to happen. I was ready for it not to be a big deal and was going to just take the bill back without incident but the exchange was

cb: Do you have another $20 bill?

me2: no. how come?

cb: I can't take this one. I can't tell if the bill is fake or not.

me didn't like that particular answer. so I gave her grief for a minute before paying with exact change. We sure showed her. I'm gonna go bomb their twitter now.

p.s. **** Bitch is the abbreviation you were looking for

Ive mentioned it here before but Wang was my bookie (allegedley for any feds watching) for a short time period and I'm owed somewhere between $100-$130. Can't remember exact amount, but its whatever. I basically wrote it off awhile ago and was more joking than anything.

No, he paid that. Sent it to vb to forward to you, if I recall correctly.

never heard of them being separated for credit cards. like I said, every time I've done it before payments weren't required (and I don't remember anything being said about 0% interest AND no payments, just 0% interest), and the letter said nothing about minimum payments still applying, so there's a pretty good case there. if the letter to the ceo doesn't work I'll just start bombarding their twitter.

I'm not sure rape is the solution to this particular problem.

• Like 1

Oh, yeah bro, you don't want to mess around with PAL.

Interview went good, I think. I'd say I'm a slight favorite to get an offer in the next week. The way he was talking led me to believe he's ready to make an offer, but didn't want to commit himself before talking it over with some of the other partners. He walked me through the French benefits of the company and then asked when I think I'd want to start and what would be best for them. Said he had printed out my résumé (again with the autocorrect) and was going to contact me regardless, but it worked out that they had an employee resign on Monday and so he contacted me once he got back in the office. So, I don't know. Don't want to get my hopes up as this sounds like a pretty good opportunity.

Plus he has two really hot daughters.

• Like 1

well that DOES sound promising.

the job too!

just make sure you do your research on the company. I'm assuming it's a small one the way he just had you come in quickly like that. sometimes that can be a good thing and sometimes it can be bad. might want to find out why that person quit.

any salary talk?

Riiiighhttt? Gonna have sex with one of them at the Christmas party, if you know what I mean.

Very little salary talk. Really all he said was "you won't see any foreign or exotic cars in the parking lot like you might at the bigs, but we do ok and our comp package is pretty fair".

That being said there was a brand new 535i Beamer in the parking lot.

Didn't get to ask about why the other person quit, but it sounds like they've added a decent amount of clients and stuff. Was there for over an hour with a lot if back and forth and didn't get to ask all the questions I had but hit the major ones.

It's a smaller firm (38 on the staff plus support people) with 4 offices in the Midwest. I've tried searching about it but there's not a ton of info out there.

Oh, yeah bro, you don't want to mess around with PAL.

Interview went good, I think. I'd say I'm a slight favorite to get an offer in the next week. The way he was talking led me to believe he's ready to make an offer, but didn't want to commit himself before talking it over with some of the other partners. He walked me through the French benefits of the company and then asked when I think I'd want to start and what would be best for them. Said he had printed out my résumé (again with the autocorrect) and was going to contact me regardless, but it worked out that they had an employee resign on Monday and so he contacted me once he got back in the office. So, I don't know. Don't want to get my hopes up as this sounds like a pretty good opportunity.

Plus he has two really hot daughters.

One time!

I had a crappy interview yesterday, some of it was my fault, most was their crappy demeanor. Super tough because it was an internal interview. I ate most of the rage, and sent insincere thank you notes.

In the pro column, CVS has pop tarts on sale, as well as my new love, pretzel m&ms.

Women are not the worst. Jobs are.

As Mex already stated though, we can all agree that women are definitely 2nd... correct?

Well, that's similar, but I know the actual video was posted here at some point because I've seen it and I only watch YouTube videos when you guys recommend then.

Agreed. I totally remember that one also, but the one with the guys climbing the tower and the bag swinging below them is definitely not new to me.

He was five minutes late calling me. Had me worried this was all some giant scheme by HR to fire me.

It was basically just him telling me about the firm and their clients and what their various offices do. Their biggest client is in california and he said that they take a team out there for a two week audif. so that could be cool. I said maybe twenty words, but none of them were a f-bomb or a n-bomb, so I think I passed the initial test and have an office interview tomorrow morning. He said fhat they're very business casual and to not worry about dressing up in a suit to impress him because "I assume you are capable of buying a suit if you don't have one in the off chance you need one"....but I should still wear one right?

Thoughts?

Don't wear a suit, but look nice.

Speak loudly.

Good luck on the interview that's already over by now!

1hoyi.jpg

[acting all nonchalanty and stuff] Oh, hey Wang. What's up? Nice to see you around. What's been happenin'?

[heart-beating quickly]

[don'tleave don'tleave don'tleave]

OH MY GOD WELLS FARGO YOU BUNCH OF FUCKING FAGGOTS... remember when I bought my mattress, that the reason I decided to buy it was that wells fargo offered me 0% interest until like march just to use my card? well yeah, just got a call from them today saying my payment was late, went online and saw that I had a few late charges on there and that another one was coming. called customer service and they were like "well yeah it's no interest but you still have to make payments..." YOU FUCKING FUCKS THAT'S NOT HOW 0% INTEREST WORKS YOU COCKSUCKING FUCKFAGS OH MY GOD I AM LIVID

silver lining here is now that I work in a customer service department I know how to properly send a complaint to get my complaint to the top of the list: write the ceo. we have a whole department of people that sort through that shit. I'm not even working on work tomorrow, I'm spending the whole day drafting my letter. still have the offer letter that I'll scan in, and no, it says not word one about having to still make payments. gonna get my money back biiiitch. maybe threaten to close all my accounts. get the 0% extended or some shit. god damn fuckfags.

Um. You're retarded.

Edit: Dammit, Theraflu. I quit!

****in Theraflu.

I sell cars for a living and spend 3 hours a day trying to figure out when I can take a two week vacation so I can write a book about my experience in the car business. It's... it's just so... for every horrible story you hear about the business, you're missing at least two more.

Some of them are kind of funny, though. I was trying to get a guy with terrible credit a used F-250 the other day. With his credit, the only bank that would buy his loan was one of our special finance banks. He had a truck he'd bought a year previously he wanted to trade in, but he was tipped about 6K, and even if he kicked the trade, he just didn't have enough money to put down on the new vehicle. We were in a really good spot on the car -- I think we bought it for 65% of book -- so if we sold it at NADA, we would make good money. Sadly, there was just no way to get them to finance without him putting at least 2,000 down, even though we were grossing closer to 4500 on the front end alone.

So we bought an ice scraper from him. For 2000.

Oh. Cool. Yeah, everything's been going well for me too. Well... see ya around or whatever. *stressed out head nod*

The new layout is like the Quiznos baby. I... now have to leave for another few years.

The new board really does suck so badly. What the hell Gov!? I'm holding you personally responsible if Wang doesn't stay.

At one point he goes "7:30 - 4:00? Now what does a single, well you could be married or have a girlfriend, (no I couldn't) guy do with that much free time in the afternoon?"

I refrained from saying "drinking and masturbating. And crying. A lot of crying. OH! And I also spend a LOT of time on the Internet talking about drinking and masturbating and crying". I think my answer of "golf" was slightly better.

• Like 3

been talking to LG a lot more lately. talk of job searching in London. the ease with which a fiancé visa can be obtained. I am gonna apply to this consulting firm her roommate works for just to see what they say.

maybe the passport I needed for the CFA will come in handy after all

• Like 1