I Called In Sick Today

wow napa, you were so close to having a good life and now it's all ruined. sorry about that.

brv I'm pretty sure I've never seen that before. I mean anything is possible, and I am a huge idiot, but I really don't remember it.

and if you listen to the video it says that osha doesn't require them to be strapped in the whole time. of course that's just what the guy says so who knows.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Yeah, that escalated quickly. Now I'm going to be fired, not get a new job and also spend $20 on a haircut that I'll need for food. Because I'm going to get fired.

Awesome. Shake can I move into your kitchen or garage or sunroom or something?

He was five minutes late calling me. Had me worried this was all some giant scheme by HR to fire me.

It was basically just him telling me about the firm and their clients and what their various offices do. Their biggest client is in california and he said that they take a team out there for a two week audif. so that could be cool. I said maybe twenty words, but none of them were a f-bomb or a n-bomb, so I think I passed the initial test and have an office interview tomorrow morning. He said fhat they're very business casual and to not worry about dressing up in a suit to impress him because "I assume you are capable of buying a suit if you don't have one in the off chance you need one"....but I should still wear one right?

Thoughts?

hey this reminds me, I was gonna ask: how the hell do you get a recruiter to recruit you? just put your resume on monster? are there actual recruiting agencies that you apply to? I've never understood that.

not that I'm qualified/intelligent/good in any way enough to be "recruited" , bit I'm still curious.

Both. You can contact them or they might see your résumé on LinkedIn or wherever. I know KForce and Robert Half are two big finance/accounting places to look into. Just make sure you don't get a dick like I did when I called Robert Half.

Also, I wanted it noted that my phone auto adds the marks on resume. But not there apparently. I'm not that pretentious but I am too lazy to go back and fix it.

just apply to something listed on monster/career builder by aerotek, Stephen James, or the others napa mentioned. whoever it is that's trying to fill that spot will call and interview you. RH basically makes you an employee on the spot, gets your tax info and everything set up so you are insta-hired when they find an opening.

finding out how simple it is to get something else that pays similar has made me incredibly ADD. getting time off is basically impossible for my position though, so I can't go interview at these places on a whim.

fairly sure fhlb has no interest in me. shame. nice to know my guy still has me in his db though. passive job searching. driving over to talk to aero was a pretty great call.

Just to be clear, we're not talking about murder, right?

Depends on the type of job he's applying for.

Or

He murdered some ass.

Women are not the worst. Jobs are.

This lady has a point.

They are a close 2nd though.

Thoughts?

I don't know man. I'm of two minds on this one. If he specifically said NOT to wear one, then listen to him. But definitely wear something really nice. Maybe even a jacket, just without the tie.

The line I've used when people tell me on an interview that I didn't need to dress up, I reply with "that's fine for you, you already have the job." But I'm also funny and charming.

Oddly though, I get a fair amount of customer complaints because I'm to the point, sometimes sarcastic, dry and I think my size and deepish voice sometimes comes off as intimidating. Irritates me because I'm fun loving. They want me to smile like an idiot more. I don't.

fairly sure fhlb has no interest in me. shame. nice to know my guy still has me in his db though. passive job searching. driving over to talk to aero was a pretty great call.

No idea what half of this means.

Set up the interviews after work or before work. Or fake a long term illness and start going to Dr's appts. Long lunches.

I work for the govt doing the most boring job ever. someone from my old job just emailed me to say they lost another person, meaning turnover in this last month might be approaching 50% for our group of 30.

I do miss it, though. being constantly at risk of termination keeps things interesting.

Yeah, that escalated quickly. Now I'm going to be fired, not get a new job and also spend $20 on a haircut that I'll need for food. Because I'm going to get fired.

Awesome. Shake can I move into your kitchen or garage or sunroom or something?

With Shake's roof, every room is a sunroom. Unless it's raining!

I work for the govt doing the most boring job ever. someone from my old job just emailed me to say they lost another person, meaning turnover in this last month might be approaching 50% for our group of 30.

I do miss it, though. being constantly at risk of termination keeps things interesting.

I think you mis-typed "terrible" as "interesting".