Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I sat down and got all excited to apply to the KC fed, then looked at the requirements

Applicants must have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in economics or a closely related field, such as statistics, computer science, or mathematics. Successful candidates will have a strong academic record, high proficiency with personal computers and spreadsheet software, and excellent communication skills. Coursework or experience in econometrics, math, statistics, statistical software packages, and macroeconomic modeling is highly desirable.

Applicants are required to include a cover letter, resume, and transcript (unofficial is acceptable) with their application. The Federal Reserve Bank is an equal opportunity employer. This position is not eligible for sponsorship of employment visa status.

economics GPA: 2.5 (14 hours)

math+statistics GPA: 3.09 (15 hours)

so I'm not gonna bother...

I get so mad when I look at my transcript.

http://imgur.com/zE1jV

wish I could add a disclaimer: results reflect attending every third or fourth session, occasionally missing midterms/finals.

you can see me start to crush it at the start of my junior year, then stop giving a shit when I guaranteed the finance major and mk told me the odds were really good that I'd get to work with him.

I sat down and got all excited to apply to the KC fed, then looked at the requirements

economics GPA: 2.5 (14 hours)

math+statistics GPA: 3.09 (15 hours)

so I'm not gonna bother...

Dude, you're fine. Apply. Let them make that decision. Don't let that stop you. You're good at that spreadsheet stuff. Own it. Be cocky if you get an j

Interview. Just talk about slayin bitches on multiple continents while in school and equating it to practical, real world experience.

Seriously, apply. It ain't costing you anything but time.

women are stupid though. so i think it shows intelligence on my part to not have one in my life.

exaaaactly. romantic comedies are movies that portray women as being not horrible evil manipulative cuntfucks, but we all know that movies lie to sell tickets and this is the biggest lie of them all. good on you suited.

wish I could add a disclaimer: results reflect attending every third or fourth session, occasionally missing midterms/finals.

yeah, I'm not sure that would help.

Seriously, apply. It ain't costing you anything but time.

but time is valuable. and it's not just time: whenever you apply it leads to getting your hopes up, thinking that "maybe I have a shot at this one!" even though when you're hitting the submit button you know damn good and well you have absolutely no chance. hope is a dangerous thing.

so yeah strat, just give up. trying is for idiots.

I bought the new apple earpods yesterday to replace my broken set and holy crap do they hurt my ears. I was looking forward to being able to listen to both earbuds since my boss is out, too. Going to be a long(er) day.

Also, kinda freaked out on a cashier this morning.

Dude in front of me bought a pack of cigarettes and I thought he looked 25-26 and she didn't card him. I bought a five hour energy and the chick asked for my ID and I just say "are you serious?" And she says "yes" "...can't you just trust me like you did that guy" "well, he looks thirty" "yeah and he's buying cigarettes. This is a five hour energy" "that's the rule" "whatever"

I wish I could say I fought the good fight and that I didnt give into her demands and walked out. I wish I could, but stimulant dependency is no fairy tale.

I don't know where I saw that video shake, but I saw it like 2 years ago somewhere... maybe cracked?

Anyway, I think both those dude got fired for not using safety equipment. You can see he only uses it to rest, but you're supposed to use it constantly

OSHA wasn't as impressed as I was, apparently.

Just talk about slayin bitches on multiple continents while in school and equating it to practical, real world experience.

Just to be clear, we're not talking about murder, right?

I bought a non-trivial (to me) amount of CLF this morning. my dividend tax rate is still fairly ok, so I may as well git dem returns?

um, I hated when people wouldn't give me ID when I was at Walmart but I made no judgment calls. so I never would have let the dude with the cigs by.

I had a crappy interview yesterday, some of it was my fault, most was their crappy demeanor. Super tough because it was an internal interview. I ate most of the rage, and sent insincere thank you notes.

In the pro column, CVS has pop tarts on sale, as well as my new love, pretzel m&ms.

Women are not the worst. Jobs are.

I just got an interview, I think, with the CPA firm I mentioned before that was in the ag industry. Even though I talked about it I didn't send a resume until last week because I still remained hopeful I would find a position in Minneapolis. He said to call him to set up an interview for today or tomorrow and also for a quick phone interview. So, I'm not sure if he wants to setup an in person and the phone interview is just a quick get to know you or what. Regardless, a little excited.

Oh, God. Just realized this means an end to #TeamAwesomeBeard and also I'm about a week overdue for a haircut.

Edit: Phew, my barber was able to get me in today. Hopefully I don't f this up. I was made for this position. And I'm getting way ahead of myself here, but I'm worried I'm going to nail it and then get a lowball offer that's not much different from my current salary. I don't think I'm out of line in hoping for at least $50k. Again. Way to far ahead. Get ahold of your self, Napa!

Awesome. Tried to send myself my PDF résumé to my work email but got an error saying denied. I'm hoping its because its because it was a PDF but in pretty sure I've done that before. The title is resume_ah so maybe the word résumé set it off. Or maybe because there was text in the email. I'm probably going to get fired for this. If I was questioned about it I was just going to say I wanted it on hand for an opening in the audit department I was considering applying for, which is true. Position just opened yesterday and its an analyst type role that sounds super interesting.