Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I would totally write a letter to Chipolte HQ complaining about the too friendly service. Guaranteed to work.

I flipping hate the fall in the PacNW (why is it called the Pacific NW? Obviously if it's the NW, it's near the Pacific...right?) Anyway, we are plagued by a ridiculous number of Ponderosa pine trees. My slightly larger than normal sub division lot has 13 on it alone. And every god forsaken fall the damn things shed their pine needles like you wouldn't believe. Just spent an hour mowing, sweeping and using the leaf blower to clean up the mess from a wind storm over the weekend. That was just the front yard which is about half the size of the backyard.

So, last week when I got the "thanks, but no thanks. We'll keep your resume on file for up to a year" and it was clearly a form letter.

Well, I just got another email from the same lady that I'm 95% sure it's not a form letter based on the weird font and wording saying "thanks for your patience while we finalize the hiring process. You'll be hearing from us by the end of the week."

So, now I'm confused. Either I got put on the rejection list accidentally, I got put on this list accidentally, or they are just the worst kind of people and are setting me up to think I might have got the job only to assure me that, no, you did not.

Am I out of line to call them and ask what's up?

On friday I had spit into a water bottle and set it aside. Not chew or anything, just spit and I had nowhere else to put it. It was so little it was almost unnoticeable. Today I grabbed the bottle, opened it up, squeezed it to get the air out and put the lid back on to throw in the garabage. The smell that came from that thing was so putrid I had to clear out of my office and light a candle.

So, last week when I got the "thanks, but no thanks. We'll keep your resume on file for up to a year" and it was clearly a form letter.

Well, I just got another email from the same lady that I'm 95% sure it's not a form letter based on the weird font and wording saying "thanks for your patience while we finalize the hiring process. You'll be hearing from us by the end of the week."

So, now I'm confused. Either I got put on the rejection list accidentally, I got put on this list accidentally, or they are just the worst kind of people and are setting me up to think I might have got the job only to assure me that, no, you did not.

We had a website/data base type thing all our applications came into. One of the most annoying things about it was that it was easy to accidentally send out the form rejection letters. So it's possible it was a mistake.

Probably they just like playing with your emotions like a yo yo though.

I wouldn't call them but I'd probably turn the job down (if offered) unless it was for a ridiculous amount of money. they sound like complete idiots (this is the same one that set up the interview without notifying you right?) so it would most likely be horrible to work there.

It is not the same one that setup the interview without notifying me. Haven't heard from them yet.

This is the one where the dude was marking the numbers right in front of me throughout the interview. Other than that and this little email thing, they were pretty prompt on all communication. The more I think about it though, I wasn't supposed to get this email. No way would they be wanting to finalize anything after just a 30 minute interview. I'm not sure what I'd say if I did call. Either it's going to be embarrassing for us both or I'm going to look like an idiot when they say "well, the email said we'd contact you by the end of the week, were not sure yet" or something. I don't know. I've been dissapointed before so, why not wait a few days to see if they do contact me or not. If I wasn't supposed to be on the list there's probably a good chance other rejects got the email and one of them is probably brave enough to call and then they'll realize their mistake and let me know via email.

or maybe they're looking for the candidate with the gumption and "can do" attitude that will be willing to call and point out the mistake...

or maybe they're looking for the candidate with the gumption and "can do" attitude that will be willing to call and point out the mistake...

Yeah, I'm sure that's what they're looking for.

Was the e-mail personalized (Dear Napa or the like?) or??? I would probably take the wait and see approach too.

Oh I would never do anything either. Huge pussy.

So I eat at chipotle way too much. Four times a week on average. And there is this black lady there who works the register. Awhile back she says to me, you know you look just like my ex husband. Really? Yeah baby this burrito is on me cutie.

So I thank her and enjoy my free burrito. But now every time I go in and he is working I get some uncomfortable looks fro her. Some flirty comments too. Like today she goes OH baby you smell good today. You can't be coming in here smelling so good.

I just nod and move along. Very strange. I don't know if I told you guys this before, but she is at least 40 and not attractive, so it's not an option.

There was this little old Japanese woman at the Sushi counter that I used to go to who would giggle and blush every time I ordered anything. Eventually she told me I looked just like her first boyfriend in Okinawa. She used to always give me a bunch of free stuff too, it was nice. Then she met Jess and gave her a very stern talking to about how she should be be treating me better and such because I was obviously the best person on earth. That was a little weird, but nothing like when I found out that it was her husband who actually prepared all the food. I don't think he knew what was going on because he didn't speak English (or so he claimed) but I never ordered fugu again.

End of the week you're going to hear that they've chosen someone else. They just like to keep everyone in the loop.

Maybe he can guilt trip them into hiring him? "I was fine with the original rejection as it said you'd keep me in mind for the future. But then when you emailed me again to basically say the future had arrived, I began to ride the roller-coaster of emotions that has been this hiring process with your company. I spoke with my friend Essay (you may have heard of him, he's a lawyer?) and he said you'd probably want to give me a job now, even if you didn't mean to earlier. Don't make me cut myself!"

The first email rejection letter was a clear form rejection letter that was not addressed to anybody. Just starts out "thank you very much for taking the time to interview etc etc". This one was almost 100% not a form letter because it was in a larger font and the font color wasn't black like the form email. It also wasn't addressed to "dear sir or dear napa" just two sentences

"thanks for your patience while we work to finalize the hiring process. We'll be contacting you by the end of the week.

Name of person"

Re reading it the work to finalize the process makes me think that they're going to be setting up second interviews. I don't know. Just going to let it play out and if they don't contact me by the end of the week as promised ill call and make it super awkward for them.

I don't know, those are two polar freaking opposite emails. I don't think a call would be out of line at all in this situation. I'd definitely defer to dj's advice here (if he ever stops being so fucking LAZY and gives you some damn advice) since I'm very stupid, but obviously one of them was a mistake. can you respond to the second email? maybe attach the first one? subject line "wtf?"

little do they know, we're extremely racist!

I already liked this, but you must know, this actually had me in tears from laughing. Just the whole exchange between you and SA. Then, I get asked what's so funny, I read the exchange aloud, get a courtesy chuckle and now that bitch knows not to ask me what's so fckin funny anymore.

i can call up there if you want. as your attorney i just need the go ahead to apply a little legal pressure. ITS WHAT I DO.

You're gonna have to hit up a Kinkos and create some letterhead. I suggest a strong, strong stock, possibly off white. Let em know you're not just down with the white.

Day One of Octsoberfest is in the books.

Funny, I don't like that movie but I knew you'd go there with it.

But hey, since I got you here, wouldn't you like to see the NFL do what all the colleges are doing and jazz up the unis. Go with same color jerseys and pants, go with bright colors, go with the matte paint on the helmets. Have multiple helmets in different colors. Wouldn't an orange Fins helmet be awesome.

Am I gay?

• Like 1

of course i'd like to see that. just because we're men and we're playing football doesn't mean we can't endeavor to look GOOD.

way too many old folks like the nfl for this to happen. old man white guy puts up with his negroes so long as they don't get to flashy.

Well, if you look at Seattle, you can see what is possible. They have a Mohawk check pattern on the helmet, loud colors. And that was just a test run for them. I hear the dolphins are gonna get a makeover after this season.

I love the gloves and shoes.

And you guys know I love the pink, at least I did. Pink phone case, IPad cover, 6 or 7 shirts, etc, but even I think that the NFL should only do one week of pink cleats, gloves, chin straps, etc. a month is ridiculous. It actually makes me giggle that Cutler isn't wearing anything pink. Neither is Marshall. It's like they're saying, eff you, we like cancer and shit.

• Like 1

Oh, hi guys!

I was reading my Calvin and Hobbes book today and started wondering what Bill Watterson has been up to the past 17 years. Do you think he's been creating something awesome and is waiting to release the thunderstorm upon us? I certainly hope so.

Also, I haven't been following what you all have been talking about. Let me guess. Looking for accounting jobs and not getting laid? I empathize with half of that and sympathize with the other.