• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I think I said "umm" and "stuff" a lot which is bad. She seemed pretty impressed when I went over my résumé, so hopefully that bought me some wiggle room.

Edit: I also get the feeling she would have been a little more committal about coming in for an in office interview if I had done well.

FYI, I got several interviews since April, and I don't remember any of them being even slightly committal after the phone interview.

I drink them mostly to get a buzz but now I try them all to find one I really enjoy. Most are in the middle ground for me, some are awful, some are great. The beers I like, they would find faggy. A few I enjoy:

Lost Coast Tangerine Wheat.

Lost Coast Apricot Wheat

Lost Coast Great White

Orange Blossom Pilsner 2

Stella

A variety of Shock Top.

A myriad of others that I can't name without a menu in front of me but those stand out

Went over to a buddy's house this afternoon and he handed me a beer. It was Shock Top Raspberry wheat. After asking when he grew a vagina I tried it out. It was ok but fruity flavored beer just doesn't seem right.

I'm with SA though. Rarely do I really enjoy drinking beer for the flavor. Love a ice cold beer on a hot day but my go to is Kokanee, a beer from Canada that only has limited availability here from what I've seen.

FYI, I got several interviews since April, and I don't remember any of them being even slightly committal after the phone interview.

Right. Especially when the phone interview is with an HR person. The only phone interviews where they told me there would be another interview with someone else were with the actual hiring managers.

I hate beer. I can't imagine any scenario where I could ever drink anything with the word Beer on it and enjoy it. This obviously does not include Root Beer.

Being unemployed sucks, so I'm glad you got an awesome job with free gas so that your wife doesn't divorce you and your kids don't hate you.

EDIT: Dr. Ol

Love a ice cold beer on a hot day but my go to is Kokanee, a beer from Canada that only has limited availability here from what I've seen.

Kokanee is terrible beer (although it's miles better than any of those shlock american lite beers that college kids like) but It's The Beer Out Here! Ugh.

Widmer was amazing, like, possibly one of if not the best beer I have ever had. Of course it also the absolute most expensive beer I have ever drank.

Dogfish is good, but not amazing. I would drink it again but I would not go out of my way to get I have had many better IPA's.

If I don't pass out in the next 20 minutes I'll give the Sam Adams a whirl.

That Widmer ****ed me up something good.

took you four minutes to make that post?

I put a lot of thought into every single post I make so that I can entertain the folks.

I can understand why brv doesn't like beer. no clue why SA is such a Francis though.

my only real complaint is how bad it wrecks me when I have more than one on an empty stomach. but for most non-retarded people this is no issue.

remember when I had my brother put lots of money in SAM? that was at $45 I believe. genius mode.

Was that so hard?

Hey, to my podcast fellas, I have the Iphone4s and ATT. I used to listen to my podcast by opening ITunes and searching it out and simply clicking play. Since the IOS6 upgrade, that doesnt work any longer. When I try that, it tells me to download a podcast application. I did that, subscribed to my podcast and now it "streams" from there.

Well, I thought it did. 13 days into my billing cycle, I received an alert stating that i've used up 65% of my 4gb data plan. I have never once gotten that text before. Apparently, the clock is running as i listen, where it wasnt before. I cant use wifi to listen because I mostly listen in the car. Anyone have thoughts or will this just be the end of my podcast days? I pay enough for the 4gbs and teathering to my ipad, I'n not gonna pay $10 each for continual 2gb add ons for usage

You'll just have to start syncing them to the phone via iTunes the night before or something. Weird that it used to do that and now it doesn't. I'm not entirely sure how you do that either since I'm still on one of the unlimited data plans so I stream everything and don't have to worry about it.

Good talk.

My roommate left a super passive aggressive note for me this morning about how he vacuumed, fluffed the pillows on the couch, and cleaned the bathroom that nobody uses and emptied the lint trap of the dryer and he also did the dishes but he refuses to to unload them as well so I need to do that.

Except I know for a fact I emptied the dishwasher Saturday because I needed to load it up with my dishes from cooking chili and then I know I also filled it up and ran it on Monday with my chili bowls that I had soaking because I wiped them down before putting them in the washer. Not to mention I also vacuumed and fluffed the couch pillows on Sunday because I spent all day watching football and cleaned up after myself. But I thought we were grown ass men who didn't need to keep track of this bullshit because everyone's gonna do more than the other at some point in time anyways.

He's got me on cleaning the bathroom nobody ever uses though. I didn't do that.

So GD mad. And here I am being all passive aggressive to you guys, but to be fair he doesn't get home from work until 10:30-11 and then he stays in bed till noon and I didn't want to be an even bigger dick by waking him up and telling him to tell me to my face if he has a problem instead of leaving a GD note. Now I have to wait up tonight for him to get home so I can tell him that and I'll be cranky pants tomorrow since he'll probably be late getting home again like he was last night ( I was up to 11 and he wasn't home yet). Muther beep

Fluffing pillows? Seriously? What does that actually entail?

I understand the pettyness of having roommates and feeling like they dont carry their load. That would irk me. I hate dishes in the sink and people leaving stuff laying around.

Why cant you text him? And if he wants clean, i say vaccuum at 8am.

I'm not sure on the dowbloading from Itunes. Everything is cloud now, and I shouldnt have to connect to a computer on a daily basis. I'll have to research it. I am driving to the ATL next Thursday and want to be able to listen to a few shows on the way up

• Like 1

The couch cushions mush down easily and need to be "fluffed" occasionally. It's dumb. But it'd be different if I didn't actually pull my weight, but I do. I clean every weekend and I do dishes all the time and I mow and shit, but I don't make a point to keep track of ever my little thing I do or what they do because I figure it all comes out in the wash.

Edit: And I don't want to text because that's just a step above leaving a note on the kitchen table. I don't even really care for the kid. He's a recovering alcoholic/drug addict felon who has no ambitions and works a shitty manufacturing job. But he's a friend of my other roommate and so he wants to help him out and let him live here. This isn't his first passive aggressive act either. He routinely will take the garbage cans out and then bring them back half way up the driveway. (We rotate garbage duty on whoever has the garage spot for the month). If the handsoap is low he'll get the bulk container from under the sink and put it near the low hand pump, but not actual fill it. Or what he's been doing lately is using the last of the toilet paper, get a roll out and put it on counter and unless I put it in the roll it would stay there. It's awesome. Really want to move out but it's so gd cheap. I really need to find a new job. I'm gonna snap soon.

Was that so hard?

Hey, to my podcast fellas, I have the Iphone4s and ATT. I used to listen to my podcast by opening ITunes and searching it out and simply clicking play. Since the IOS6 upgrade, that doesnt work any longer. When I try that, it tells me to download a podcast application. I did that, subscribed to my podcast and now it "streams" from there.

Well, I thought it did. 13 days into my billing cycle, I received an alert stating that i've used up 65% of my 4gb data plan. I have never once gotten that text before. Apparently, the clock is running as i listen, where it wasnt before. I cant use wifi to listen because I mostly listen in the car. Anyone have thoughts or will this just be the end of my podcast days? I pay enough for the 4gbs and teathering to my ipad, I'n not gonna pay $10 each for continual 2gb add ons for usage

Throw your shitty iphone in the trash and get a real phone. Option #2: switch service to Sprint and get their unlimited phone/text/data plan for like $80/month.

Napa: Maybe he just had a bad day and then couldn't control his urge to vent. It's already established that he has little self-restraint: i.e drugs. Maybe give him a break, Jerk.

Ps. I'm fully on your side after reading the garbage/hand soap stuff. **** that dude. I would definitely leave a note thanking him for just putting the bulk thing on the sink. "It's soooo much easier to just keep this on the counter. I hate refilling that stupid little thing every few weeks, so I went ahead and threw it out. Thanks for the great idea, Buddy!" Also, instead of sharing a restroom with him, why not just use the bathroom that nobody uses and tell the others to never go in there?

Damn you brave, making me feel bad about getting angry.

I'm gonna go home and mow the yard (cause he hasnt done it for at least a month since ive mowed the past few weeks) and shit and clean some stuff in the house and then if he does this again I'm going to go into full on I'm not going to do shit ever mode.

Edit: the other bathroom is way the **** downstairs and super inconvenient.

You guys tweet to each other? Jesus ****ing christ.

Not as a general rule, but it happens.

You play video games with people you've never met. As far as an old guy like me is concerned, you play WoW.

This would've been my belief too, except I remembered him getting all flustered when people thought that he played it.

do you guys really enjoy the taste of these beers? i've never once drank and beer and enjoyed the taste. i do it because its cheap and it gets me drunk sometimes.

That's because you're drinking bad beers. Or you just don't like the taste of beer. But I want to act better than you and say it's because you don't drink good beer like me.

Widmer was amazing, like, possibly one of if not the best beer I have ever had. Of course it also the absolute most expensive beer I have ever drank.

Really? That's the most expensive beer you've had? How much was it?

I'm not sure on the dowbloading from Itunes. Everything is cloud now, and I shouldnt have to connect to a computer on a daily basis. I'll have to research it. I am driving to the ATL next Thursday and want to be able to listen to a few shows on the way up

You have wi-fi at home, right? Just download from iTunes when you're at home. If you don't have wi-fi at home, stop at Starbucks and connect to their free wi-fi and download.

Being unemployed sucks, so I'm glad you got an awesome job with free gas so that your wife doesn't divorce you and your kids don't hate you.

The first 4 months was pretty nice since I was getting severance. After that, yeah, pretty boring. WA, surprisingly enough, is fairly generous with unemployment though so that combined with a fairly substantial savings (built up when it became obvious that the lay off was coming at some point) helped take a lot of the stress out of the situation.

It's weird though. Feel like I lost a year somehow.

Napa, **** you too buddy!

Pulled a shake and woke up at 3:00 unable to fall back asleep last night. It doesn't happen very often but, damn, it pisses me off when it does.

Now imagine that every night and then you'll understand why Shake and I are always in a bad mood.

Although, haven't heard from our buddy lately. Hope he didn't die. Especially since he finally got a new mattress. How ironic that would be!

Really? That's the most expensive beer you've had? How much was it?

First - Widmer Brothers - Alchemy Project, Barrel aged Brrrbon '11 - 9.4% This better be good because it was $18 for a 22oz, although it was on sale for $11 which even then I almost didn't buy it.

I thought this was a Theraflu post at first, so I didn't read it very carefully.

Forgot you told us already.