I Called In Sick Today

brv, no offense to speedz or any other vet but it is amazing how few vets no much if anything about EIC. It is limited to only a few breeds of dogs (at least from what they know so far) and they deal with so many different breeds and species that they can't be expected to know everything about all of them. Because raising and training Labs is a big hobby of mine, I've done a ton of reading and learning about EIC. Katie Minor, one of the researchers that discovered the gene at the Univ. of Minn regularly posts and answers questions at a retriever forum I frequent.Again, no offense to speeds at all but I would be willing to bet that I have spent as much or more time learning about EIC than he has. Again, because I don't have to learn all the the different breeds, species and everything else that he does, I focus only on breed specific issues.So, suck it smartass.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

and speedz, sa21 said he wouldn't spend a dime. at least im spending a couple hundred. what the hell.
Yeah, but he's not a real human anyway. Plus I never know when he's being serious.
brv, no offense to speedz or any other vet but it is amazing how few vets no much if anything about EIC. It is limited to only a few breeds of dogs (at least from what they know so far) and they deal with so many different breeds and species that they can't be expected to know everything about all of them. Because raising and training Labs is a big hobby of mine, I've done a ton of reading and learning about EIC. Katie Minor, one of the researchers that discovered the gene at the Univ. of Minn regularly posts and answers questions at a retriever forum I frequent.Again, no offense to speeds at all but I would be willing to bet that I have spent as much or more time learning about EIC than he has. Again, because I don't have to learn all the the different breeds, species and everything else that he does, I focus only on breed specific issues.
Well, while often people think they know better than vets but really don't, in this case you may be right. We don't learn much about EIC in school, but it's not just because it's breed-specific, it's because it makes little sense for us to spend time on it. It's a relatively mild disorder, and in the grand scheme of things, very easily managed. Not to say it doesn't suck, because I'm sure it does for the dogs and owners.Disclaimer: Most breed-specific issues are still much better understood by vets. There's just so much poor information out there, and it's really hard for people to separate the good from the bad without the proper background. Plus you're all IDIOTS.

Well said speedz, thanks.I agree it's a relatively minor disorder, especially for the typical pet owner. For breeders and/or people that train and compete at high levels, or just want to hunt their dogs a lot, understanding EIC and how to avoid producing or acquiring affected pups is very important. These are just a very, very small percentage of pet owners.

Yeah, but he's not a real human anyway. Plus I never know when he's being serious.
absolutely right. i mean i have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip. but yeah i don't have any love for animals. i would never have a pet so i can't say how much i would spend. but it wouldn't be much.and i've never eaten broccoli or asparagus.

You have more emotions than that...pretty sure fear is there somewhere. I mean, you're in the process of dating, I know it's there. Women are terrifying.Obviously it's a moot point for someone who dislikes and would never adopt an animal. Not liking animals is something I can't really picture, but can at least understand. Claiming to love them but putting a relatively low price on their lives is what I don't get. But I guess from someone like brv, who would berate his family into not spending a penny on keeping him alive for an extra month, trying to understand anything is a lot cause.

the lady that trained me asked out of the blue today, what did you go to school for? wanted to trade, I said. "this doesn't lead there, you know," she said. started talking about how she was friends with a few brokers, was going to call around tonight and try to get me assisting someone. I know it sounds like she must hate me or something, but actually I already have a little bit of a reputation for automation stuff that allows me to eat a bunch of work every day.

He make spreadsheets that do his work for him. Unfortunately, they're all set to break eventually in hopes that at the time they'll be getting used by attractive females who will then take on the damsel in distress personality, in need of a strong man to fix her problem.

speedz, you know essay was quoting american psycho right? you're not that stupid, are you? (yes)had the interview for the new position this morning. well, it wasn't really an interview as much as it was just me asking questions to see if I want it or not. the job itself sounds pretty appealing and like it would be a good builder on my resume, but the kicker being that the hiring manager has near zero impact on what salary can be offered, and the range was pretty damn low. not strategy levels, but I still wouldn't be able to justify shopping at nordstroms. I made sure he understood my feelings about the stupid policies and how they pretty much drive good employees away from the company, so nobody should be too surprised if I leave for more money. whatever, who needs money anyways right?

I really didn't do the spreadsheet thing intentionally. happy accident? honestly the whole situation is a distant memory. I haven't talked to her in over a month, so the spreadsheet thing must have failed.in this whole conversation about finding me another job, the woman tells me that everyone is really short staffed, but they're expecting to find efficiencies, so they have all these temps on board. and then she says you have to be there at least a year to be considered for a full-time opening. said she basically had to stay in the job for benefits for the last 8 years due to family health issues.

Obviously it's a moot point for someone who dislikes and would never adopt an animal. Not liking animals is something I can't really picture, but can at least understand. Claiming to love them but putting a relatively low price on their lives is what I don't get. But I guess from someone like brv, who would berate his family into not spending a penny on keeping him alive for an extra month, trying to understand anything is a lot cause.
My goodness. I thought we were friends, Speedz.

I ain't quoting shit. in no particular order:roasted brussel sprouts. a little extra virgin, kosher (hi speedz) salt, and some fresh ground pepper. glorious.maybe you could kick napa 10% annual net to do your multi-state taxes, I'm sure he'd enjoy a sixer of natty light.you're making a rookie mistake not drinking in the weeks before a big bash. gotta get the tolerance up and maintain it to acheive the maximum number of embarassing, hazy memories. strive for the brown out, not the black out.

roasted brussel sprouts? what the hell is wrong with you? and who was the last one about? I feel like it's mexico but I'm not sure.

speedz, you know essay was quoting american psycho right? you're not that stupid, are you? (yes)
Honestly, I stopped after that first line, and it made sense coming from him. He says shit like that all the time...wait, maybe he's just always quoting that movie.
I still wouldn't be able to justify shopping at nordstroms.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s
I haven't talked to her in over a month, so the spreadsheet thing must have failed.
I had another video here, but once again, I ****ing hate this new board.
roasted brussel sprouts? what the hell is wrong with you? and who was the last one about? I feel like it's mexico but I'm not sure.
Brussel Sprouts are glorious.
I ain't quoting shit. in no particular order: roasted brussel sprouts. a little extra virgin, kosher (hi speedz) salt, and some fresh ground pepper. glorious.
Approved. Although doing them in the pan gets the outside crispier, which I approve even more.
My goodness. I thought we were friends, Speedz.
WE ARE! I just don't understand your policies on the financial aspects of dying, whether it's you or your pets. And frankly, the policies have always surprised me.Hey, wait, didn't someone here recently find and possibly adopt a dog? How's that going?I hope it wasn't brv. That'd be awkward.

My mind is blown. And I need to build a little body for my easter island head tiki mug.http://news.yahoo.com/photos/easter-island-statues-have-bodies-too-slideshow/www-eisp-org-photo-1337120980.html

Honestly, I stopped after that first line, and it made sense coming from him. He says shit like that all the time...wait, maybe he's just always quoting that movie.
i quote that movie a lot. like all the time.

it really is. you me and stratso could have hit the town as a re-imagining of the three musketeers - but with a lot less sword fighting and intrigue and a lot more awkward anti-social behavior and asian video game videos. absolutely no women allowed.

So after troubleshooting the motorhome until two am last night, turns out we cant go until friday. I dont really care since I dont remember much of last night anyway. Think I tweeted something but Im afraid to check and seeAnyhoo.... spent a relaxing day at the local airport messing with a friends RV. No, not another motorhome...a Vans RV...a model three to be exact. Just like my four but only a one seater. Never flew one until today and let me tell you this.... that songun is a hotrod. Never figured there would be that much difference. Barely got the throttle in halfway before the wheels left ground and the stick response...holy hell. I highly recommend oneSo on to the incident.... you know there had to be one. Yeah so I voulenteer to install an ipod connection thingy between the FM radio and the avaition radio in return for plating some hardware for a car project. No biggie.... done it before... except that time it was an RCA plug for plugging in a Sony walkman. Im oldAbout the time the quart of tomato juice was gone I was finished. Attached my phone to the cord and it worked like a champ. Tuned to ground and the music muted during transmissions just like it should. Now it was time for a short hop around the pattern for the final test...."Ground....Vans blah blah blah at hangars requesting taxi to active with bravo""Vans blah blah blah taxi to active one six"(Beans s-turns to run up while fiddling with phone finding music)(more boring radio transmissions)"Roger Vans blah blah blah cleared for departure heading east"(unbelievable fast rotation that I beerstamated at two hundred and fifty feet)"Tower....requesting frequency change""Roger frequency change....good day""Be back in a few"So as always, I contacted center for flight following. During this time Im still vfr..... I have to watch out for traffic and avoid them visually..... but Im given a squawk code, tune it to the transponder, and will now be advised by controller if other planes are in my path. Its a nice safety feature and comes in handy when wringing out a sporty plane and getting all upside down and stuff. I just give them a "block altitude" like between five and two thousand and some sort of reason like "spin training"Once in the practice area I frequent, I cranked up the ithingy and started playing. Spins left and right, rolls, and a few I made up. Like I said, that little bastard was fun. Id build one of those but I like to have room for at least one passenger to share the ride with. The dog would never forgive me. After about an hour and a half rolled on the hobbs meter, I pointed the bird back to base...."Approach, Vans blah blah blah requesting cancel flight following"(Beans recalls that no traffic was called during the entire trip)"Uhhh....Vans blah blah blah.... we had diffuculty contacting on this frequency""Hmmm....seems ok now....sorry about that""No problem....although you may want to have your vox looked at....we could hear you singing once in a while"".....uh.....roger....again.....sorry about that""The music was also coming in quite clear.... (giggles in background)..... who was the artist?""Uh..... Vince Neil.... Tattoos & Tequila""Good stuff..... good day Vans blah blah blah""Good day"So yeah, even the guys in the tower ribbed me upon entering the pattern. Wanted to know if the concert was over. Told them next time I be in my plane and have a backup singer. They got a kick out of that....Cause you see my passenger sits behind me.....not beside like a cessna or somethingGuess ya had to be there