Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

seriously, not putting salt on brocolli is one of the best ways to determine of someone is a communist. you people. but anyways, it looks like a lot of the extra weight that I put on over the weekend was just the leftover pizza still in my colon because I weighed in at 161 this evening after my run, so I don't have that far to go. still sucks though because I won't be able to go out this weekend since my drinking exploits tend to be what puts on the most pounds, even if they're just temporary (the pizza in the colon thing). plus the no smoking.

Am I the only one who likes..
absolutely not. plain broccoli is great.
I know we have had the discussion in here before, but I'm interested to hear what others would say. I just spent a sizable amount on my dog for back surgery. It cost about 2 months of Shake's salary, and I wonder how many would've done the same thing. He is 6 years old and has been otherwise a very healthy dog...
The problem is that it's the kind of situation someone can't really understand unless they've been there. Nicely done.
I would have put him to sleep, even though I risk Speedz' disapproval. I'm just too engrained in the farm culture to ever imagine spending more than a couple hundred bucks on a pet.
Well the decision is made harder when you're basically Benny from Total Recall.You actually can't hide behind "farm culture" as much as you think these days. I've seen lots of actual farmers who raise and slaughter animals for a living spend obscene amounts of money on their dogs, because to them it's a different relationship. Sure, not everyone can (or will) take a $5k hit for their dog. But if you wouldn't spend $1k in the situation Quack described, you're basically a sad excuse for a human, as mean as that may sound.
so! got an awesome phone call today. remember me talking about that health check that I did last thursday that I had to spend two weeks cutting weight to not be overweight for? well, turns out they screwed up one of the blood tests somehow so, lucky me, I get to retake it this coming up tuesday. best part? I've already gained back 8 of the 10 pounds I lost for it the first time, so I've got to do it all over again, in half the time.
Hahaha.
The good news is that at the rate you're going you'll probably be taking full advantage of your health insurance soon.
in the world? yes.
These were funny to me.

Didn't mean to leave you hanging shake. I too much prefer my broccoli with salt. Preferably seasoned salt with a little butter.And I agree that the farm culture excuse is BS. I grew up on a farm, raised steers, pigs, chickens, lambs and even rabbits for a while that were all grown andslaughtered by us. We still took care of the dogs when they needed expensive vet care. A pet is not a farm animal and if you're going to treat it as one you shouldn'town it in the first place.

so we can all agree that brvheart is wrong on everything ever then, right? great!but I gotta tell ya, brocolli with the cheese sauce is really the all time tits, but if I'm eating brocolli, I'm probably doing it to be all healthy and shit, so cheese sauce just isn't in the cards. you know what vegetable is really good though? asparagus. but whoooah nelly the pee effect is just abhorrent.

asparagus, a... uh, acorn squash? I'm gonna regret this, but what's the other one? I honestly can't think of it. unless it's acorn squash of course.and suited, I don't want to make fun here since you agreed with me, but what the hell? how is it possible you've never eaten brocolli? I mean even accidentally.edit: artichoke. of course.

It's settled then!Hey Beans, I feel like you're the most qualified to answer this....It's a long way from being a done deal but there's a company that reached out to me abouta job.....in Mississippi of all places. Other than the MS part it's a good job....$xxk + per year with bonuses, company car, really good benefits etc.... We (me, wife, kids) picked up and moved away from CA with no family here in WA so we're not opposed to moving farther for a good job. Just not sure about Mississippi. They said we could live anywhere in the state we wanted. Any general advice and/or recommendations on what part of the state to consider? (I'm thinking Jackson area and North would be my preference.)
It's a little late, for several reasons... But I moved just north of Jackson, into Canton, in January. If you're looking at the Jackson area, Madison and Ridgeland are amazingly nice, especially for families. Missss is very family oriented, actually. Believe it or not, they even have electricity and running water. Also, it gets incredibly hotVicksburg is an hour, Tunica 2.5, Harrah's (Louisiana Downs) less than 4.
and suited, I don't want to make fun here since you agreed with me, but what the hell? how is it possible you've never eaten brocolli? I mean even accidentally.
i hate vegetables and i choke down the basics but broccoli just looks too disgusting to try. never tried asparagus either.

Speaking of dogs...was outside playing frisbee with Mallie and my roommate. We were calling it a night and looking at some siding my roommate had just pulled off when Mallie started almost fainting and looking disoriented. Got her inside and gave her some water while my roommate tried calling vets and stuff. After a little research looks/sounds like EIC which my roommate is super happy about since both parents were supposed to be EIC clear. We put a bullet in her head though, so it's not an issue anymore.

finally. A real man is in this thread.and speedz, sa21 said he wouldn't spend a dime. at least im spending a couple hundred. what the hell.

It's a little late, for several reasons... But I moved just north of Jackson, into Canton, in January. If you're looking at the Jackson area, Madison and Ridgeland are amazingly nice, especially for families. Missss is very family oriented, actually. Believe it or not, they even have electricity and running water. Also, it gets incredibly hotVicksburg is an hour, Tunica 2.5, Harrah's (Louisiana Downs) less than 4.
Thanks much! I've been looking at Brandon (only because it, somehow, made the top 100 cites to live in) I like the idea of being kind of central since the job would involve driving to visit stores throughout the state, among other reasons. I'll look at those 2 cities you mentioned as well.And, I hope AC is also on the list of things they have.
Speaking of dogs...was outside playing frisbee with Mallie and my roommate. We were calling it a night and looking at some siding my roommate had just pulled off when Mallie started almost fainting and looking disoriented. Got her inside and gave her some water while my roommate tried calling vets and stuff. After a little research looks/sounds like EIC which my roommate is super happy about since both parents were supposed to be EIC clear. We put a bullet in her head though, so it's not an issue anymore.
When she had this episode, did she ever go down or act like her rear legs weren't working? Those are common with EIC episodes. How long did the episode last? Could she have just been overheated? Heat exhaustion was often blamed in the past before they knew what EIC was for any episode like this but this might have actually just been heat exhaustion. Your roomate can have her tested for EIC for $60 or so to rule that out. Shouldn't have to if both parents were actually clear but you never know if that's true unless he actually saw the EIC results.

Holy shit that's one hell of a scar! Was the dog injured or what was the reason for the surgery?

Holy shit that's one hell of a scar! Was the dog injured or what was the reason for the surgery?
The issue was a herniated disc, but we're not sure exactly what caused it. This was the 3rd time it "flared up" and he lost control of his hind legs. The first 2 times healed with steroids but this time they weren't working. The neurologist said they didn't see any signs of previous issues so my assumption was it was the same disc in his spine causing issues.

two nice bags of sand right thereman I think half of my problem with getting back underweight this week is going to be pooping out all the cheese I ate over the weekend. think I'm gonna start chugging metamucil or something.

Yeah, her back legs were giving out and she was kind of falling over and walking sideways. After about 10-15 minutes of just laying down she was back to her normal self. We also weren't out there for very long compared to how long we typically play and it was a pretty cool night with a nice breeze, so I doubt it was heat stroke, but I would prefer it was that over EIC since it sounds like there's no real treatment and playing fetch is her favorite thing in the whole wide world. My roommates going to take her in to the vet today to get her checked out.

Yeah, her back legs were giving out and she was kind of falling over and walking sideways. After about 10-15 minutes of just laying down she was back to her normal self. We also weren't out there for very long compared to how long we typically play and it was a pretty cool night with a nice breeze, so I doubt it was heat stroke, but I would prefer it was that over EIC since it sounds like there's no real treatment and playing fetch is her favorite thing in the whole wide world. My roommates going to take her in to the vet today to get her checked out.
That's too bad. It sure sounds like EIC, from the symptoms to the 10 - 15 minute recovery time until back to normal. It's been hot out west so I didn't know if you were dealing with that as well. There is no treatment but I know people with dogs that have EIC and a lot of the time they're able to recognize activities that trigger episodes. Some dogs can train just fine but just throwing a ball or bumper for fun will trigger it. Others have to pretty much curtail anything that brings on too much excitement. From what I remember the dog is somewhere around 2 yrs old now? That seems to be around the time EIC presents itself. Unfortunately reasearchers have isolated the gene that produces EIC affected dogs but not what causes episodes or why some "affected" dogs never show symptoms at all.Since EIC research information and the testing for it have only been available for around 4 yrs or so and speedz has been in vet school during that time, maybe he can shed more light on it for you.
We put a bullet in her head though, so it's not an issue anymore.
This made me laugh out loud.
man I think half of my problem with getting back underweight this week is going to be pooping out all the cheese I ate over the weekend. think I'm gonna start chugging metamucil or something.
Can't you do that Hollywood 48 Hour diet or something?
Since EIC research information and the testing for it have only been available for around 4 yrs or so and speedz has been in vet school during that time, maybe he can shed more light on it for you.
Nah. I'll just read your take on it.