I Called In Sick Today

I'm assuming that is the job they are moving you to?
shhhhh! investors aren't supposed to know until friday!
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I'll tweet when I'm at home, but since that's more connected to my real life, I can't do it at work. maybe I'll figure out some dumb pics though.so beans, while you're here... just installed the new switch, and the first time I threw power to it, the damn light came on when it was supposed to be off. turned it on, still on, turned it off, still on. flickered off a few times when I turned it off but went back and forth. heard a little buzzing so I freaked and flipped the breaker (which is luckily right beside this switch). when I opened it back up, I noticed two things: 1) the bottom switch screw (the one to the light, the one with two wires on it making it wider) looked like it was touching the wall, and 2) the wire on the left in the picture below (it's on the right for me) was a little loose, or at least not screwed in very tightly.wiredoubleswitch.jpgwould either of those be a cause? am I going to die soon? should I go ahead and just become a professional electrician now that I've proven how great I am at it?

I can't believe you're having so much trouble replacing a light switch. No wonder you're not getting promoted.

I just got a new pm saying that I could remake the thread.

I just got a new pm saying that I could remake the thread.
I'm not sure a place where you got banned within hours is the proper destination for us.
I'm not sure a place where you got banned within hours is the proper destination for us.
Well to be fair, it was only like 23 minutes, not hours. And they felt like that one thread having a bunch of brand new posters was fishy. I agree, that's not a good start, but I think they'll back way off now that they wrongly deleted us the first time. I think any forum will have mods that are near retarded and will overreact to 20 new people showing up and only posting in one thread.http://www.basketballforum.com/everything-...tml#post6827397
I'll tweet when I'm at home, but since that's more connected to my real life, I can't do it at work. maybe I'll figure out some dumb pics though.so beans, while you're here... just installed the new switch, and the first time I threw power to it, the damn light came on when it was supposed to be off. turned it on, still on, turned it off, still on. flickered off a few times when I turned it off but went back and forth. heard a little buzzing so I freaked and flipped the breaker (which is luckily right beside this switch). when I opened it back up, I noticed two things: 1) the bottom switch screw (the one to the light, the one with two wires on it making it wider) looked like it was touching the wall, and 2) the wire on the left in the picture below (it's on the right for me) was a little loose, or at least not screwed in very tightly.wiredoubleswitch.jpgwould either of those be a cause? am I going to die soon? should I go ahead and just become a professional electrician now that I've proven how great I am at it?
First off, you should never have two wires under one screw. Im guessing thats why you had the stripped screw with the last oneYeah, Im guessing that you have a metal electrical box. Its not grounded. Probably dont even have the bare wire shown in the pic? Id you do, its not connected to the box itself or the breaker wouldve blown/trippedFrom all of this Im also guessing that you have two light fixtures in the bathroom? No other reason to have two wires under one screw. That is unless its two hot wires using the switch as a connection. I need a pic of the actual box/wires/switchBut yeah, pull out the switch and associated wires and post pics. Tweet them if need be. From those Ill draw you a comprehensive diagram of how to fix it properlyShot in the dark example:shakefirehazard.jpg
I can't believe you're having so much trouble replacing a light switch. No wonder you're not getting promoted.
How many shakes does it take to change a light switch?Three... one on each breast and the other calling her baby-daddy for adviceDrink several dosxx's if the above doesnt make sense...
First off, you should never have two wires under one screw. Im guessing thats why you had the stripped screw with the last oneYeah, Im guessing that you have a metal electrical box. Its not grounded. Probably dont even have the bare wire shown in the pic? Id you do, its not connected to the box itself or the breaker wouldve blown/trippedFrom all of this Im also guessing that you have two light fixtures in the bathroom? No other reason to have two wires under one screw. That is unless its two hot wires using the switch as a connection. I need a pic of the actual box/wires/switchBut yeah, pull out the switch and associated wires and post pics. Tweet them if need be. From those Ill draw you a comprehensive diagram of how to fix it properlyShot in the dark example:
yeah, two wires one screw, the two wires being to two different lights (one in the fan contraption and one over the sink). but the ground/bare wire was connected, so I'm not sure why it didn't trip. what you drew is accurate, and I'm assuming that's what I should do. any particular type of wire nut I should buy? maybe just a paperclip or something instead? getting kind of low on money here...
I will do no such thing as it violates everything about just randomly picking a forum. And to that I say GOOD DAY SIR.
oh yeah, well you weren't missed. me and brvy had a great time over there.
oh yeah, well you weren't missed. me and brvy had a great time over there.
Don't forget vb, JJJ, and Quacktaskic. What a GLORIOUS TIME!Let's schedule another party for Friday, shall we, New Friend?
yeah, two wires one screw, the two wires being to two different lights (one in the fan contraption and one over the sink). but the ground/bare wire was connected, so I'm not sure why it didn't trip. what you drew is accurate, and I'm assuming that's what I should do. any particular type of wire nut I should buy? maybe just a paperclip or something instead? getting kind of low on money here...
That was the buzzing sound you heard... it was just touching enough to draw some amps but not enough to blow the fuse...Think about a toaster...the glowing wires in it is nothing more than shorted wires. Thats what burn down housesYou need red ones...a four pack at the hardware store is probably a buck and a halfTwist the bare ends together a turn or so clockwise and then screw on the wire nut....tighten by hand as far as you can then give it an eighth of a turn or so with pliers. As an extra precaution wrap some black electrical tape around the wires right under the nut and continue wrapping up the nut halfwayInspect for any "naked" wires....without insulation....then carefully reassemble and test
Hm. I guess I didn't quote anything.
It's not been a very quotable last couple of days. Well until now I guess. And beans trying to teach shake how to change a light bulb. er, switch.
Well I sprained my ankle today real bad. Didn't cry or nothing.
Sorry, we're all over at the basketball forum, havin' a ball. Feel free to talk about your ankle over there. Pussy.

screw you guys and the stupid basketball forumbut thanks beans for the tips. and sorry brv and tilt for not having been born an electrician. don't know what's wrong with me.

I was out golfing last night and was looking for my ball in the rough when my buddy yelled he found my ball I went to turn around but my foot stepped in a big hole and I ended up kind of twisting my body with my ankle as the pivot point and kind of somersaulted and heard what sounded like every bone in my ankle/foot crack and now my ankle is the size of a softball. The doc gave me a prescription for crutches and an air cast splint thing, but the place she told me to go get it doesn'ting open till 8:30. So, I guess I'm calling sick for an hour or so because I can't really walk and parking is a ways from work.