I Called In Sick Today

yeah I'm in as of this am. so many young people work there. no idea when I start, but it's soon.
well good luck sir. but don't fall in love with any coworkers though, i hear that can be tough.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I guess I should contact all those people and let them know I took this one, eh?
Probably. They'll still contact you with future opportunities or if you know of anyone looking. You can refer Napa and Shake to them.

Leave it to Napa to interrupt a good bare boobies discussion

First one that came to mind was Megan Fox on the motorcycle in Transformers. Not a bare ass, but whatever.If they do ask you if you've been job searching, just say "Do you know how much money I make here?"
Megan Fox is so yummyNice. I laughed out loud at that. Poor strat.

so I just had a more in depth meeting about my move and it seems like it isn't going to be as "forced" as I thought. I'm going to be able to apply and talk through my concerns, and I can turn it down if I want. it's just that there probably won't be any opportunities here doing exactly what I want to do for a while, and if I turn it down it would "disappoint" the big dogs since they picked me out. also, I apparently have more room to negotiate on salary than I thought, so I think I'm gonna try to milk that. any tips on getting the highest salary possible? reference glassdoor? pull my pants down?wonder if napa is fired.

Well, my "boss" (coworker who isn't really my boss but tells me what to do frequently) does do these meetings and my boss just told my "boss" that I should attend their meeting today and so now I'm worried. I can only assume it got back to my boss that plan on seeking employment elsewhere since I let that slip when I was out drinking with my "boss" last week. At least it's in 45 minutes and I don't have to stew all day about why I'm being asked to attend.
Rookie mistake.
so I just had a more in depth meeting about my move and it seems like it isn't going to be as "forced" as I thought. I'm going to be able to apply and talk through my concerns, and I can turn it down if I want. it's just that there probably won't be any opportunities here doing exactly what I want to do for a while, and if I turn it down it would "disappoint" the big dogs since they picked me out. also, I apparently have more room to negotiate on salary than I thought, so I think I'm gonna try to milk that. any tips on getting the highest salary possible? reference glassdoor? pull my pants down?
"I would prefer not to take this position for multiple reasons, but if you pay me $X I'll kick ass at it."DONE.
sooooo apparently I have to pay for parking. as in, the garage built underneath the building I work in. I have no idea how much that will cost.
probably around 55 a month. but it might be less if the company owns the lot.and i'm getting worried about napster. hope he didn't go postal after they fired him.
probably around 55 a month. but it might be less if the company owns the lot.and i'm getting worried about napster. hope he didn't go postal after they fired him.
Nah, but they did take away his computer and fancy phone (paid for by the company), so he won't be able to contact us until he gets home.
Well, sure, they were impressive given her age, but come on.
I think the main issue is that they weren't expected.

oh. For some reason I thought you were going to make like 17/hr. 12.50 is going to be rough. This is the temp job, not the direct hire, correct?

oh. For some reason I thought you were going to make like 17/hr. 12.50 is going to be rough. This is the temp job, not the direct hire, correct?
correct. 6 month deal. contrary to what this person just said to me 20 minutes ago on the phone, this was in an email I just got:"**Typically parking is taken care of…they will give you all of the parking information on the first day**"

Not fired. Just some general office stuff. And also I guess the guy who left last week didn't leave on such good terms and so the boss wanted to let us know that if we had any concerns to make sure to talk to her, all the while glaring at me letting me know my jig is up and made me fess up to probably wanting to leave and she's like, well, so an so sister is a partner at X firm and can probably really help you out if you want. So...went ok. It'd be sweet if that works out for me.

oh you are soooo getting fired tomorrow. iponcedeleon: our company makes contractors pay for their own parking in areas where parking is paid. for what it's worth.

Not fired.
Well that ruined about 3 pages of good reading.So strat, you're going to have to move, start paying rent, utilities, buying your own food etc, etc... for $2.50 an hour more than your parentsare paying you? What's the odds that at the end of the 6 month period there's a permanent position and more money in it for you? It's one thingto take a step back or two if there's probably future gain but otherwise?
Is that a magical land in one of the games you play?
Well, this is a person but what immediately thought of and giggled.From Game of Thrones.Hodor Hodor is a simple-minded half-giant who works as a stableboy at Winterfell. He is Old Nan's great-grandson. Though his true name is Walder, he is usually called "Hodor" because that is the only word he ever says. No one knows exactly what "hodor" means or why he says it. He has a friendly, childish disposition and is easily frightened despite his great strength. After Bran Stark became crippled, Hodor carried him around in a sling on his back. Hodor sometimes had difficulty taking Bran's directions. Upon meeting him, Osha suspected that Hodor has Giant blood in his ancestry due to his great size, hairiness, and low intelligence. When Bran escaped the besieged Winterfell with the Reeds, Hodor accompanied him. Perhaps due to Hodor's simple mind, Bran was able to take control of him for a short time using his skinchanging powers, though Hodor was terrified by the experience.