I Called In Sick Today

I basically only bring some mild funnies and lots of sadness so I mean, I'd understand if you guys want to trade back.
Oh god no. She just tells us stuff once in a while and then doesn't appreciate our awesome advice. At least you make jokes.Although, to be fair, she used to be funny too. She just gave up on that for some reason.God that last relationship was a mess...I couldn't believe she didn't listen to our awesome advice on that one.
Did anyone else watch SNL to see Charlie Day and get pissed off at the very poorly recycled Arrested Development joke? 1. Don't do that.2. The point is that they're finishing each other's sentences, not just saying them simultaneously.3. Meatballs doesn't sound like sentences.I mean, I know the point was that they were supposed to be awful, steriotypical comedians, and I liked the sketch as a whole, but still. That bit is close to my heart.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

turkey actually hits the oven at 4am, cooks all the way until lunch. we do a big huge thanksgiving lunch and then leftovers for dinner. I don't know any more details because I don't care so long as that tasty meat is sliding down my gullet come noon o'clock.

this strat-for-LG trade really seems to have fucked speedz over.
hey worked out pretty well for me.
Shake's Mom puts the turkey in the oven at 1 am
YOUR MOM PUTS HER FACE IN THE TURKEY OVEN SHUT UP
as that tasty meat is sliding down my gullet come noon o'clock.
yep
Who makes a full turkey for lunch?
Everyone?
turkey actually hits the oven at 4am, cooks all the way until lunch. we do a big huge thanksgiving lunch and then leftovers for dinner. I don't know any more details because I don't care so long as that tasty meat is sliding down my gullet come noon o'clock.
8 hours cook time is substantial. Does she cook at extremely low temperatures? I've heard of people cooking turkey at like 190 or 200.
Who makes a full turkey for lunch?
I think a lot of people do the Thanksgiving lunch. Ours is more of a late lunch, around 2pm, but definitely not in the dinner realm. And it's perfect...gives you enough time to nap, watch football, nap more, and have leftovers for a late dinner. Doing an actual turkey dinner is a waste of a full day of being ridiculously full and happy.
I think a lot of people do the Thanksgiving lunch. Ours is more of a late lunch, around 2pm, but definitely not in the dinner realm. And it's perfect...gives you enough time to nap, watch football, nap more, and have leftovers for a late dinner. Doing an actual turkey dinner is a waste of a full day of being ridiculously full and happy.
We are always 1pmish. It works well.
8 hours cook time is substantial. Does she cook at extremely low temperatures? I've heard of people cooking turkey at like 190 or 200.
don't know the particulars. I could ask but it would raise more suspicion than it's worth.

"mom, my internet friends want to know more about how you cook your turkey.""...stupid cheap condoms..."also: the thanksgiving meal sucks. turkey? fuck you turkey. I eat turkey every day. why is this considered special?

Joke's on you, I don't even like corn. And the joke's on me...it's at my brother's house for the first time, and I'm not a fan of his wife's cooking. I'll be getting none of my favorites.

Goose Island has picked up distribution recently, but I think it was after the summer seasonal went out. They're an above-average brewery to me so far, but haven't really distinguished themselves with anything I've tried yet. Next summer I'll give theirs a shot.
Goose Island 312 is my favorite beer ever. More snobby beer people like their other beers (Matilda, Green Line, etc.) - you should check them out.
Everyone?8 hours cook time is substantial. Does she cook at extremely low temperatures? I've heard of people cooking turkey at like 190 or 200.
Reminds me of a great scene from West Wing:
"mom, my internet friends want to know more about how you cook your turkey.""...stupid cheap condoms..."
Nice, but you're an idiot for saying Thanksgiving meal sucks.
actually the joke is on me since I'll be at home alone eating pizza since nobody loves me. actually now that I think about it, I'm quite looking forward to it.
aaawwwWWW?
Reminds me of a great scene from West Wing:
But then again, what doesn't?
Nice, but you're an idiot for saying Thanksgiving meal sucks.
Hey, leave him alone. Like the rest of his family.I meant to take that in a different direction, but it kind of wrote itself.
Good news: Notre Dame has some competition for "Most Catholic University".
Overheard at my work yesterday: "Is Penn State a Catholic school?"
I'm super pumped that you actually get to try boulevard in whereversville, east coast. even if it isn't your favorite beer.
They started selling the Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat at my local store, but not in 6-packs or anything. Just single bottles. 12 oz. Is this like a trial run or something?
our tradition is to stay up, play cards, and drink until mom wakes up to put the turkey in the oven at 4am, and I feel like it just wouldn't work with a girlfriend in attendance.
The Wednesday night before Thanksgiving is my favorite pre-holiday.
This is what we do.I didn't know speedz had a brother.
Do they sous vide a turkey?I cook my turkey at 400 for about an hour, then go to 325 for 1-2 hours more depending on the size of the bird. Usually 20lbs +/-
They started selling the Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat at my local store, but not in 6-packs or anything. Just single bottles. 12 oz. Is this like a trial run or something? I didn't know speedz had a brother.
Theres a convenience store/gas station, of all places, a few blocks away that has a fantastically large selection of micro-brewery beers which they sell by the bottle. The best part is they let you mix and match from their entire selection to create your own 6 pack for a discount over the single bottle price. I knew speedz had a brother.Didn't know shake had a mother. Which, considering his Thanksgiving plans, may still be correct.I see Beans on twitter occasionally. Wonder why he's been absent here?And, until the strat/lg discussion, I had forgotten than LG hadn't posted in quite a while. And, I still can't quite decide who is behind the new account. Though I have my suspicions.And, I have no idea why I randomly responded to all of this.
I didn't know speedz had a brother.
I do. He and I are extremely similar at the core (same sense of humor, similar opinions on everything, etc.) but on the surface are pretty different. At my age now, he was already married two years with one baby and another on the way, in his third year at a big law firm in Boston, and living in a beautiful house in one of the nicer towns in the state. He works very long hours and let's his wife get away with all kinds of craziness (they'be been together since high school), and doesn't get the whole pet thing. He probably has a few beers per week, has never touched the fancy hard alcohol in his house, and his only experiences with drugs have been a few times smoking weed. I'm still in school, am about to throw a pajama party for my girlfriend's birthday, I drink...too much, I enjoyed my drugs back in the day (wink), have two cats and a dog, and can't even imagine the prospect of being annoyed by having a child constantly needing me to pay attention to it.So, I'm more awesome, but his life is probably more fulfilling, or whatever.
And, I still can't quite decide who is behind the new account. Though I have my suspicions.
As with all new/old accounts, I am decidedly uncurious. Why you weirdos who constantly change names don't just start out with "hai, it's [ ], moving on to something new", I have no idea. Probably to stay ahead of THE MAN.
TuckerMaxTucker MaxAn older woman chasing a younger guy is called a cougar. Does this mean an older guy chasing a young boy called a Nittany Lion?
Jesus, people still give a shit about this guy? I thought his five minutes ended five years ago. Or maybe with his horrible, horrible movie that nobody saw.