I Called In Sick Today

Come on, people, help me figure out a way to get a pair of new bose noise cancelling headphones ("Quiet Comfort" 2, 3, or 15) for my girlfriend's birthday for less than a hundred bucks. This is the goddamn internet, there must be a way. THERE MUST BE A WAY. I've seen some QC2 models on ebay for around $100, but those are all used, and I feel like that's not cool, although refurbished would be ok. Am I missing out on some awesome site for cheap refurbished gadgetry?
more importantly, why do you want them? why not get good headphones?
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

haha, yeah, get your girlfriend refurbished headphones for her birthday.
I'm poor, fuck you. The headphones are the only things I know she really wants.Pre-post edit: I should have gone with, "Fuck you, I'm poor." Flows better.
more importantly, why do you want them? why not get good headphones?
Oh, I thought those were the best noise cancelling ones.
I'm poor, fuck you. The headphones are the only things I know she really wants.Pre-post edit: I should have gone with, "Fuck you, I'm poor." Flows better.Oh, I thought those were the best noise cancelling ones.
Well, if she wants them, you should probably get them. Like Shake, it's not worth trying to make her change her mind. But Bose are overpriced crap.
Well, if she wants them, you should probably get them. Like Shake, it's not worth trying to make her change her mind. But Bose are overpriced crap.
If I tell her they're better than Bose, she'll believe me. So, you know, go on...

I would go with in-ear canal phones, though (and do). I have these http://www.earphonesolutions.com/shure-se215cl.html but in blue. Sound isolating works WAY better than the noise reduction stuff, doesn't require batteries, doesn't mess with the sound, and are way smaller obviously.

Come on, people, help me figure out a way to get a pair of new bose noise cancelling headphones ("Quiet Comfort" 2, 3, or 15) for my girlfriend's birthday for less than a hundred bucks. This is the goddamn internet, there must be a way. THERE MUST BE A WAY. I've seen some QC2 models on ebay for around $100, but those are all used, and I feel like that's not cool, although refurbished would be ok. Am I missing out on some awesome site for cheap refurbished gadgetry?
All the cool kids say that Bose stuff is overpriced junk.SennheisersDr. Dre Beats for $0.02

brv, i saw a t-shirt with your avatar on it. it was at urban outfitters. i wanted to buy it, but one i never wear stuff like that and two, they didnt have my size. but it was pretty cool.

brv, i saw a t-shirt with your avatar on it. it was at urban outfitters. i wanted to buy it, but one i never wear stuff like that and two, they didnt have my size. but it was pretty cool.
I'm glad to know that I am starting to permeate your real-life world.
why not get good headphones?
Oh, I thought those were the best noise cancelling ones.
Bose are overpriced crap.
go on...
Well, I've skimmed some reviews, and it seems like maybe the Bose are the best bet when it comes to the noise-reducing headphones.
This was awesome.Brv, I almost linked speedz to that same quibids auction. But, you know, as a joke.

You know what I enjoy*? The fact that most people's natural reaction to a gift recommendation, even if it's sooper specific, is to respond with what they would want if the gift was for them. She doesn't want ear buds. She doesn't want crappy pyramid scheme headphones. She doesn't want outdoor gear. I do appreciate the suggestions though, and I mean that.*I really do mean "enjoy". I find it funny.Edit: I don't like the tone of this post. I really do appreciate it, I'm just amused, especially by Randy's...particularly because of the admission of "well, myself".

She doesn't want ear buds. She doesn't want crappy pyramid scheme headphones. She doesn't want outdoor gear. I do appreciate the suggestions though, and I mean that.
So what kind is she looking for? Will she be using them on the go or just sitting around the house? Does it have to be Bose or were you just looking to get the best?I saw some of those Sennheisers brv was talking about on Amazon that were listed at $270, but selling for $109.linkageI have no idea if they're actually any good.

Thanks, but reviews say they're not as good as the bose. I think I wouldn't want to get her second-tier...she specifically said that one of her gifts to herself once she starts working will be the bose, and I don't want to get her something that's not as good as what she was eventually going to get herself, if that makes sense.

Thanks, but reviews say they're not as good as the bose. I think I wouldn't want to get her second-tier...she specifically said that one of her gifts to herself once she starts working will be the bose, and I don't want to get her something that's not as good as what she was eventually going to get herself, if that makes sense.
That definitely makes sense; I hate when that happens to me. You get your heart set on something specific and somebody buys you something similar trying to be nice but it's not the same and then you feel like a douche for not being as grateful as you should be because it's the thought that counts but damn you really wanted the other ones.Anyway, I wasn't sure if Bose was her idea or yours.I think $100 is a tall order, internet or not.

the strange thing to me is that she doesnt want earbuds. who doesnt wear earbuds in 2011? just watched a video in land use law about the Poletown v. Detroit case. it provided some good laughs. this old man yelled out at a city council meeting that his house had a new bathtub and he'd be damned if he'd move to a home that didnt have a new bathtub. oh the case was an emminent domain case for a new GM plant. the city won. the people were in tears when they tore down the catholic church. but in typical catholic fashion the church had sold out really early for millions - and when the local priest, who'd been there for 30 years spoke out against what was happening, the church removed him and never gave him another assignment. i'm sure god hates when priests get in the way of the church making money.