I Called In Sick Today

Wang: (puts Paul in the hospital)
How bad is he?
i feel like this is making fun of me somehow. it almost has to be, because i'm terrible at pretty much everything.
I think he was serious.
tumblr_lphnzhJaDn1qhbpqao1_r2_500.jpg
I was angry I saw Wang's post so late, because I knew someone would beat me to this joke. You win, sir, you always do.
It was a tactless comment by me. Sorry.
I don't think it was unfair, although it's true that it was his girlfriend's friends so it's not like he has a choice.
also are you going to jail now? I think that's always been one of my biggest concerns with fighting in that even if I'm super pissed off and even drunk and about to fight, I always immediately think "if I hit this guy I'll probably go to jail and lose my job so I should probably NOT do that..." I mean it's kept me out of jail so far but at the expense of not beating people up, so I'm not sure it's a fair trade off. I also worry about getting punched in the face and having to explain that at work.
At least you'd make more money stamping license plates.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Wang: (puts Paul in the hospital) [<---- Joey makes a good point; instead of calling him TheDude, let's call him Paul)
Well now I'm picturing him as this:o-another-cool-teaser-poster-for-greg-mottola-s-alien-comedy-paul.jpgThis is acceptable. I haven't seen the movie, so I have no feelings about him other than he's probably not of this world.I don't want this to sound weird, but there's really no way around it...I want to know what Wang looks like without a haircut for 8 months.
I could go back to school! learn a trade!
I read this in the voice of Tobias saying "I'm Jon Wayne, not gonna cry when my pa died. Gonna build an airport, put my name on it" but for some reason want to see Andy D. said something similar in the Shawshank Redemption, so, yeahAlso, I guess a friend of my roommate is a UFC fighter and was on an undercard two weekends ago and lost. This past weekend he went out with two of his friends from here. And theeeen ended up putting one of those two friends on life support with the help of the other friend. My roommate has heard a bunch of different stories about what set him off, but basically the one friend turned himself in while the UFC fighter chose a different route and got on a flight to San Diego. Not sure if the cops were "officially" looking for him at that point though, so no idea how much more trouble he's in for doing that. Any ideas?
also are you going to jail now? I think that's always been one of my biggest concerns with fighting in that even if I'm super pissed off and even drunk and about to fight, I always immediately think "if I hit this guy I'll probably go to jail and lose my job so I should probably NOT do that..." I mean it's kept me out of jail so far but at the expense of not beating people up, so I'm not sure it's a fair trade off. I also worry about getting punched in the face and having to explain that at work.
This is where my pussiness comes into play. I have always been afraid of the legal ramifications.Also, this may sound funny, but I have also been afraid of really severely hurting someone. I have a very high snapping point. It takes A LOT to really set me off, probably only happened a few times in my life, and when I snap I gets really ugly. I am not sure if I got into a true fight I could stop myself (assuming I was winning the fight) from really putting someone in the hospital.I remember a decade or so ago, I got really upset with someone. They were ****ing with a friend of mine. It got to be completely inappropriate. I can't remember the details, he was drunk and wouldn't stop. I got so angry I grabbed the guy by the throat and lifted him up against the wall. He was probably the same size as me. Since I am such a mild mannered guy 99% of the time, my actions put the fear of God into him. His face turned ghost white because he had never seen me react like that. Another buddy grabbed my arms and pulled me back. That was the end of it, and he never ****ed around with me or my friend ever again. That is probably the closest to a real fight that I would have instigated I have ever been in.
That is probably the closest to a real fight that I would have instigated I have ever been in.
I've never been in a real fight either; this was my closest call:Summer after my Freshman year, I was playing JV baseball against our archrivals, and a kid on our team got brushed back pretty hard. When I took the mound in the 4th, I threw the first pitch behind the opposing starting pitcher. Both benches were warned.Someone got plunked in the bottom of the inning, and we plunked back in the top of the 5th.Everything was fine, until coach noticed the kid in the on deck circle before the inning creeping closer and closer to the plate, timing the pitcher who replaced me. I was standing at Third Base. Anyway, pitcher gets the "You know what to do" nod, and fires his last warmup pitch right at the kid waiting to come to the plate, nailing him in the ribs.Benches clear immediately, and I enter the fray. I take one swing at a kid I've always hated and landed a solid right do the jaw. I then lost my balance, fell over, and proceeded to curl up into a ball while players from each team trampled all over me for the next few minutes. I still have a scar on my right hand from a spike driven into my right middle finger. Everyone else on both sides exchanged blows and wrestled and head-locked for the next 5 minutes, and I rolled around on the ground, absorbing the occasional kick (half of them from teammates), and missing all the action.Oh, and the one punch I threw fucked my hand all up, and I missed 2 weeks of baseball. No one else on either team was injured.
My girlfriend's friends are fucking retards, but I'm unsure how that has anything to do with "the crowd I hang with." You read the story, right? About how the people I got dragged to dinner with give me douche chills?
Yes, I understand. This was a funeral dinner, and you were stuck. But there are other moments, right?I remember dating a girl that had idiot friends. I told her as much and that I wouldn't be going anywhere they would be. She wouldn't give them up (and I wasn't about to try to force her to do anything she didn't want), so I dumped her. I'm not saying you need to dump your girlfriend...but I just wouldn't deal with these kinds of situations. And I would let it be known.
http://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com/20...uantum-locking/Don't understand it, maybe LLY can, but it is really really cool.
F'in magnets, how do they work!!!Here's a decent explanation:http://www.quantumlevitation.com/levitation/The_physics.htmlThe main idea is that superconductors are perfect conductors. Therefore, it doesn't cost anything to have currents flowing within a superconductor indefinitely, and such currents will form in the superconductor to cancel out any magnetic fields within the conductor (which is energetically favorable). In a typical superconductor, these currents themselves cause a magnetic field which can make the superconductor "hover."In this case, the superconducting material is designed to allow magnetic flux tubes to penetrate within the conductor itself. So, these tubes end up holding the superconductor in place against the external magnetic field.Superconductivity is one of those things that's really hard to understand and puzzled a lot of really smart people for a long time. We're only recently getting decent theories of how it works, and they're pretty mathematically complicated.
given wang's situation i can say i wouldnt fight the guy. not because i dont believe in violence or whatever, but because i'm just a giant pussy. if that happened to me i would probably just pull the gf away and comfort her. i'd talk about how he isnt worth it (you aint worth the skin off my knuckles junior!) and try to have him arrested or at least thrown out of the restaurant. but my heart would be racing. i'd be near panic attack mode and would be afraid to really do or say much of anything. later i'd tell her i will never associate with anyone there ever again. dont even ask. i would subtly force her to choose me or her friends and either she breaks up with me and i can be alone again (which is easier) or she'll do it and then grow to hate me for it later in which case she'd break up with anyways. either way this would ruin me and her. but i'm a loser.edit: similar thing happened to me a few years ago. gf's ex was a real munson. he threatened her. he threatened me. but he was friends with her friends and blah blah blah. she told me it wasnt fair to have to choose. i just told her if she wants to be friends with people who would be friends with that piece of shit then go right the fuck ahead. we broke up soon thereafter.
You really could have stopped after the bolded
The dude is trying to self punish because of his grief. I do not oblige.Never give your adversary what he clearly wants.
What??
I am hoping that you verbally abused him into utter humiliation. Hopefully you gave him a verbal smackdown of epic proportions, one that had 6 guys hanging on him as he was trying to get to you, and you continued unflustered undressing him to show what a complete and utter failure and loser of human being for all to witness. And then you kicked his ass.Oh yeah, wooo hoooo 2 first rounders for Carson Palmer bwhahahahahahaha
This is what I would expect from Wang too
Wang: (puts Paul in the hospital) [<---- Joey makes a good point; instead of calling him TheDude, let's call him Paul)*****I am glad most people thought my reaction wasn't abnormal.
Not only was it not "abnormal", it was required
This I understand. I have not been in a fight since high school. Generally I let stuff roll off my back and avoid these situations whenever possible. However, a dude with a reputation over the past few months of being a complete asshat, spits at my girl after having been warned, at a dinner following the death of a friend no less, deserves to be beaten within an inch of his life. Jail time, girlfriends "friends" etc... be damned. In fact, I'd have been so enraged that the consequences of beating him within an inch of his life wouldn't have had time to enter my thought process before the first punch was thrown.When I was young I had a very bad temper with a very short fuse. Now I have a bad temper with a very long fuse. But showing this type of total disrespect for a family member or loved one, adding to the BS of the last few months, would have blown my top.To think any other "man" wouldn't have reacted in this way just shows the utter pussification of the male population in our society.I hope the guy will be ok but he deserved what he got.
What??
Why are you beating him up? To make him suffer or to make yourself feel better? If it's the first one, you're giving him what he wants: to suffer.
To think any other "man" wouldn't have reacted in this way just shows the utter pussification of the male population in our society.
:eyeroll:
Also, I guess a friend of my roommate is a UFC fighter and was on an undercard two weekends ago and lost. This past weekend he went out with two of his friends from here. And theeeen ended up putting one of those two friends on life support with the help of the other friend. My roommate has heard a bunch of different stories about what set him off, but basically the one friend turned himself in while the UFC fighter chose a different route and got on a flight to San Diego. Not sure if the cops were "officially" looking for him at that point though, so no idea how much more trouble he's in for doing that. Any ideas?
I'm not sure he's in more trouble for doing that. Until you're told that you're wanted for questioning or ordered not to leave a state, what's the difference? But obviously he's going to jail either way...at least he'll be able to fight his way out of trouble in there.
No one else on either team was injured.
Heh.
In a typical superconductor, these currents themselves cause a magnetic field which can make the superconductor "hover."
So you're saying that Marty McFly had a tiny superconductor in his board?
To think any other "man" wouldn't have reacted in this way just shows the utter pussification of the male population in our society.
Oh please.
F'in magnets, how do they work!!!Here's a decent explanation:http://www.quantumlevitation.com/levitation/The_physics.htmlThe main idea is that superconductors are perfect conductors. Therefore, it doesn't cost anything to have currents flowing within a superconductor indefinitely, and such currents will form in the superconductor to cancel out any magnetic fields within the conductor (which is energetically favorable). In a typical superconductor, these currents themselves cause a magnetic field which can make the superconductor "hover."In this case, the superconducting material is designed to allow magnetic flux tubes to penetrate within the conductor itself. So, these tubes end up holding the superconductor in place against the external magnetic field.Superconductivity is one of those things that's really hard to understand and puzzled a lot of really smart people for a long time. We're only recently getting decent theories of how it works, and they're pretty mathematically complicated.
Yeah, that was I thought. It was the old magnetic flux capacitor. Anyway, can we be expecting cars like this in our showroom soon? I mean, that'd be cool as hell. Well, except for Shake, his country probably wouldn't get them for a few centuries.
Hmm, no comments on this. I didn't post it for the religous content, per se. People seem to live under the ever-hovering cloud of total humiliation and the thing that's awesome about this hellhole is that everyone loves to embrace that knowledge. (Failed sex!) The way this guy does it rivals our best sex stories. He talks about how his stern father preached a Sunday Sermon on the band Bloodhound Gang.bloodhound-gang-the-bad-touch.jpg
See, I was so zealous that I had insisted on being taken out of Sunday school and placed in grown-up church years ago. I missed a lot of what was going on, since my dad’s sermons are mostly about precisely translating dead languages to avoid any mistakes while assembling god’s furniture or something, I don’t know. One Sunday, he took the pulpit and declared, grave-faced, that today’s sermon would be on the blasphemy of modern sexuality.He turned on his god-is-very-disappointed-with-you preacher voice. “There’s a song on the radio,” he said, “with the most evil chorus I have ever heard. It goes like this.” He cleared his throat and slowly articulated every syllable: “You and me, baby, ain’t nothing but mammals. So let’s ‘do it’ like they do on the Discovery Channel.”Here we go.My brother and I dove face-first into our hands. Probably the reddest I’ve ever been, due to a. withheld laughter so intense that my lungs felt like an inside-out submarine, b. embarrassment, c. sheer ****ing terror. The wrath of dad (oh, and god) was no laughing matter. I stole a glance at my mom, who looked like a kid in a war movie speechlessly watching an atrocity before someone pulls her out of the frame. At least I wasn’t alone on this one. In other words, this little salvo was the most I’d heard him say about sex, ever. Imagine you’re nine and your “talk” is just dad saying he ****ed your mom. Now add him talking about your sex life. Now add references to doggystyle and prison. Now have him say all of it in front of a congregation composed mostly of little old ladies.Yeah.

Do you know what you want? I mean, there are a lot of options out there...don't let them sell you on whatever's on special without checking everything out. Get a queen size, it's worth it. Personally, I'm a fan of the pillow-top, but if you can afford memory foam, I hear it's CRAZY BALLER.