I Called In Sick Today

This is only news to people who didn't really know anything about him. Part of the Steve Jobs lore has always been that he was a colossal asshole. It goes hand in hand with his obsession with perfection.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

wait, he attacked people personally? did he call them fat? say their hair looked stupid? I haven't read any of that.
It was more that he too quickly transitioned from "your product/idea is bad" to "and that means you are bad/have bad taste/etc"At least, this is the impression I got by reading and listening. I couldn't find a good reference quickly, but I recall listening to an interview with an employee the night he died describing the above and how saying a person had "bad taste" was Jobs' strongest form of insult. I've obviously never met the guy, so I can't say for sure whether it went beyond what one would normally expect from a boss. Not all the rumors are true, but a lot of them are probably based in truth.I'm not aware of him calling someone "fat."
has anybody ever noticed that the initial party, aka "mitchapalooza," in old school takes place on thursday and friday? i.e. they have it taking place on both? the signs say that it's on a thursday and mitch goes in to work the next day, but then in will ferrell's famous scene he talks about "having a pretty nice little saturday" planned out. WHAT THE HELL
yeah it's cause that movie sucks
The last of my four close high school buddies has gotten engaged. I find myself having a strong feeling of not caring, and being happy to not be married. I'm 30...I wonder at what point (if any) I'll grow up and not be completely apathetic towards things like marriage and kids.
i'll spare you the suspense: it doesn't happen within the next year. keep being awesome!
This is only news to people who didn't really know anything about him. Part of the Steve Jobs lore has always been that he was a colossal asshole. It goes hand in hand with his obsession with perfection.
Must be why I'm a nice guy. I'm more obsessed with not being a complete dork.
Heat up a corn dog and put it in a hot dog bun. Corn hot dog. It's my idea.
I'm not saying that's the worst idea ever, just that it's close.There's a grocery store near me that has fresh thinly sliced and shredded ribeye for cheesesteak. Maybe that'll be a good move. Let's see, I'll need 3/4lb of that, a good sub roll, cheese wiz, and an onion. Oh, maybe some salt & pepper kettle chips.Ok, thanks for the help everyone.
I'm looking for an idea for dinner. Anyone?
I'm always partial to ordering Thai food. Just had some for lunch today in NYC and it was great.If you want to cook, my wife uses this Food Network recipe a lot to make delicious chicken piccata:http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-d...ipe2/index.htmledit: glad we could help. Going to the Dolphins/Jets game tonight. Suck for Luck!
I'm always partial to ordering Thai food. Just had some for lunch today in NYC and it was great.
No good Thai around here. Great Korean though, but I had it the other day.
If you want to cook, my wife uses this Food Network recipe a lot to make delicious chicken piccata:
I'm not into chicken, thanks though. Enjoy the game.
Suck for Luck!
If I was a Dolphins fan I would be hoping to go 2-14 with the two wins against the Jets. Especially if those two losses keep the Jets out of the playoffs. And then I would be rooting for the Colts and Rams to win three games somehow.Anybody here see Sean Payton get taken out during the game yesterday? Brutal.
If I was a Dolphins fan I would be hoping to go 2-14 with the two wins against the Jets. Especially if those two losses keep the Jets out of the playoffs. And then I would be rooting for the Colts and Rams to win three games somehow.Anybody here see Sean Payton get taken out during the game yesterday? Brutal.
I don't think the Rams would take Luck, but I could be wrong, so they would only need the Colts to win 3.Also, I sure did. It's didn't look wonderful, but he definitely took his broken leg like a MAN.
I don't think the Rams would take Luck, but I could be wrong, so they would only need the Colts to win 3.Also, I sure did. It's didn't look wonderful, but he definitely took his broken leg like a MAN.
Yeah, but they could still trade the pick.I read that last part like Stugotz, which I assume was what you meant, yes?
Anybody here see Sean Payton get taken out during the game yesterday? Brutal.
There are so many coaches I'd rather have that happen to than Payton.
That reminds me, I've got some steak strips malingering in the coolbox. Any suggestions what to do with them that isn't a sandwich?
You mean aside from the obvious (just cook and eat it)?
I'm always partial to ordering Thai food. Just had some for lunch today in NYC and it was great.If you want to cook, my wife uses this Food Network recipe a lot to make delicious chicken piccata:http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-d...ipe2/index.htmledit: glad we could help. Going to the Dolphins/Jets game tonight. Suck for Luck!
It's rumored that the =BAHTTEXT() function in excel was created by Excel programmers who enjoyed Thai food and were having trouble ordering their food, so that they could email their orders and they Thai places would get them correct.Feel free to use that function when ordering, but be sure to thank me after you do.

Hm. I just saw a segment of No Reservations at a fried chicken joint in New Orleans. Maybe I should get KFC. I wish there was a real/local place I could go...although at the KFC/Taco Bell I could get a few tacos as well. Not having to cook would be nice. Although I plan on having a drink or two before dinner, and KFC/TB isn't optimal reheated.Decisions are hard.

Hm. I just saw a segment of No Reservations at a fried chicken joint in New Orleans. Maybe I should get KFC. I wish there was a real/local place I could go...although at the KFC/Taco Bell I could get a few tacos as well. Not having to cook would be nice. Although I plan on having a drink or two before dinner, and KFC/TB isn't optimal reheated.Decisions are hard.
Have you ever been to a Kentacohut?