• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

god damn it guapo!

I'm sure that will be highly effective.
thanks for the advice there brv. but no I've actually had two friend mention recently that their companies were hiring my position but I said I wasn't interested. I don't want to jump the gun too much though because there are still some things I can get my current company to pay for that will make me more marketable.
I don't want to jump the gun too much though because there are still some things I can get my current company to pay for that will make me more marketable.
Or you can go ahead and double your salary and pay for it yourself? Maybe come out ahead a little bit?
Or you can go ahead and double your salary and pay for it yourself? Maybe come out ahead a little bit?
why would he take another job that pays twice as much when he can continue to make his current salary while at the same time getting up at 1am to study and make himself more hire-able for when he goes looking for another job?
(no, you're not qualified)
thanks, but that wasn't where I was going and fuck you
nah we're big (no Im not saying where).
about a billion dollars less big in the last few weeks! I got you there!
if he's talking about series exams, no, you have to be with a corp to be able to take them, and they're expensive and require time off to study/take, so it's pretty sweet to already have them doneit's funny to see someone who is many rungs above me getting shit on. can't imagine what you'd say to me if we were speaking frankly.
obviously if I were smart enough to think of stuff like this I wouldn't be in the situation I'm in now would I?but really though, it's pretty much like strategy said. it's not series exams, but with my level of experience (low), I pretty much need this cert to get a job anywhere else. that and it really shouldn't take long to get, so I can still be exploring options while preparing for it.

oh jesus christ. get a job hippie.edit: BUT FOR FUCKS SAKE DON'T LET EM LOWBALL YOUoh, and this edit reminded me of something else the manager told me today. I brought up how what I was making even now was much lower than market rates and she said that yeah, but I was actually making more than a lot of her managers. people above me, people that manage people in my pay sector. and quite obviously, I make shit. mind continues to be blown.

oh jesus christ. get a job hippie.edit: BUT FOR FUCKS SAKE DON'T LET EM LOWBALL YOUoh, and this edit reminded me of something else the manager told me today. I brought up how what I was making even now was much lower than market rates and she said that yeah, but I was actually making more than a lot of her managers. people above me, people that manage people in my pay sector. and quite obviously, I make shit. mind continues to be blown.
Why would your manager know what all of her managers make? I make a lot more than Shake (who doesn't) so I can't complain as much, but I did find out that my "boss" (who I now share all responsibilities with) makes >2x what I get paid. I too am exploring the market. I've been in the same place for almost 9 years, I'm starting to think the only way to earn a decent wage is to job hop a few times. Said boss that is making 2x what I am hasn't had a raise in the 5 years he has been at my company either.

I don't know where Shake works, but I worked for Wells Fargo for awhile and every job has a very specific title and the pay range for that particular title is all over the jobs site on Wells Fargo teamworks, so you can pretty accurately determine what your manager makes.Big companies are terrible.

one of my friends is a director making a bundle at age 27 for a coding shop. like, he's really good at interviewing and gaming the whole hiring process, and that's how he did it. it makes me sick to think about that, but there it is.the whole idea that you should be loyal to your employer died 30+ years ago, I guess?

one of my friends is a director making a bundle at age 27 for a coding shop. like, he's really good at interviewing and gaming the whole hiring process, and that's how he did it. it makes me sick to think about that, but there it is.the whole idea that you should be loyal to your employer died 30+ years ago, I guess?
...Ask him to teach you?
I think, at some level, you have to be a useful employee for that to work
Dammit, Strat, quit selling yourself short. You know dog damned well that you have actual, useful, marketable, skills. And if you don't, fuck else you got to do but to learn and get them? Makes you sick to think about it? Probably not as much as not doing anything with your life, so suck it up, ask him for some advice, and get your shit together. FFS, Strat. Get your ass out there, and find that fucking dog!

That was a pretty incredible play by Furcal. I can't believe that the Brewers and Cardinals both won. I thought the fact that I was rooting for both of them instantly condemned them to terrible failure.

That was a pretty incredible play by Furcal. I can't believe that the Brewers and Cardinals both won. I thought the fact that I was rooting for both of them instantly condemned them to terrible failure.
When he was with the Braves, my favorite play of every game was him firing balls from short as hard as he can, because of his amazing rocket arm. In case you start liking him too much, he's also an alcoholic wife beater, so stay away from my Raffy.It's a midwest kind of year.
This is what kids are like these days:
It frightens me.
What frightened me were all the comments that praised that little girl for singing Niki Minaj. Next thing you know, they'll be taking her to a Katie Perry concert.
thanks, but that wasn't where I was going and fuck youabout a billion dollars less big in the last few weeks! I got you there!if he's talking about series exams, no, you have to be with a corp to be able to take them, and they're expensive and require time off to study/take, so it's pretty sweet to already have them doneit's funny to see someone who is many rungs above me getting shit on. can't imagine what you'd say to me if we were speaking frankly.
expensive - not really, couple hundred for each onetime off - nah, you can study at night NP. Only one that requires a class is insurance.you are right that you do have to be sponsored by a company.
Like, I literally cannot believe this. I know people over there at Baby Gap, and have a rough idea what you make. I really don't think that is possible. Unless the living expenses in Virginia are literally 1/10 of the rest of the country.