Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

That's right.
There's a district? See, now I have more info than before. Thanks.Did you know the Thai phrase for going to eat loosely translates to "let's go rice"? And that my favorite food is rice? Providence!
Cane, there's four places. There's the Hooker Hut, that's on third. There's Hookers-R-Us, that's on third too. You got Put-Your-Butt-There? That's on third. Swing Low, Sweet Prostitute... Matter of fact, they're all in the same complex; it's the hooker complex on third.
That's my favorite episode, and I'm sorry I wasn't here to...you know.Don't google "harlequin ichthyosis". I mean it, you'll regret it if you do. I'm trying to do you all a favor by telling you that, if someone tells you to google "harlequin ichthyosis", you shouldn't.
I don't think there's a single Hank Scorpio line that isn't funny.
I didn't even give you my coat!That was from memory, I apologize if it's a bit off.I'm fairly to mostly amazed that The Simpsons is still going...I gave up on it after season 11 or 12, and that must have been around ten years ago. I've heard a few times that there were funny episodes here and there, but since that time I haven't been impressed with any segments I've seen. Maybe the humor has changed and I wasn't watching enough to change my expectations.
I didn't even give you my coat!
Yes. And when he gives Homer sugar from his pockets. "Sorry it's not in packets!"I stopped watching a long time ago too, but I catch some of it every now and then. There have still been moments that made me laugh.
I can't wait to hear about Shake's paycut
well no paycut, but in addition to finding out that there's no possibility at all of any promotion until you've been in your position for two years (I've been in mine one), that even then, they won't actually raise your salary to market levels, just to slightly above what you're already making. thing is though, for those higher positions, they pay people coming in the door the actual market rates. so doing the math, in six years here on an ambitious timeline, I'd be making 46k, yet for the same exact job walking in off the street, it'd be 100k. I.. think I may have to start looking at other options, if not just for bargaining leverage. and yeah guapo, I might be starting to agree with you.
well no paycut, but in addition to finding out that there's no possibility at all of any promotion until you've been in your position for two years (I've been in mine one), that even then, they won't actually raise your salary to market levels, just to slightly above what you're already making. thing is though, for those higher positions, they pay people coming in the door the actual market rates. so doing the math, in six years here on an ambitious timeline, I'd be making 46k, yet for the same exact job walking in off the street, it'd be 100k. I.. think I may have to start looking at other options, if not just for bargaining leverage. and yeah guapo, I might be starting to agree with you.
are they actively hiring and paying new people that, though?what did guapo say?did he happen to say anything good about me while you guys were talking?

yeah there's actually one out there right now at that level (no, you're not qualified). if course, even though I'm actually qualified for that position and the leader of that department really wants me over there, I still can't do it no matter what because it's two notches above my current position and they don't allow "jumps."edit: oh, and no. nothing good.

so doing the math, in six years here on an ambitious timeline, I'd be making 46k, yet for the same exact job walking in off the street, it'd be 100k.
What the hell is wrong with the people running your company? I mean, did you speak up and mention the fact that this is insane?

yeah I mentioned how that is a huge DISincentive for people to stay and consequently for them to develop employees. she agreed and says its one of the biggest problems they're having right now. apparently they're working on revamping some stuff right now but I'll believe it when I see it. honestly this shit's really floored me.

Big companies are reallllly stupid. This can not be overstated.

yeah I mentioned how that is a huge DISincentive for people to stay and consequently for them to develop employees. she agreed and says its one of the biggest problems they're having right now. apparently they're working on revamping some stuff right now but I'll believe it when I see it. honestly this shit's really floored me.
I really think you can be job searching...when a company asks you why you're only staying a year, it's a pretty easy and reasonable answer.
Big companies are reallllly stupid. This can not be overstated.
This sounds more like a problem that a medium sized company would have. Shake?

nah we're big (no Im not saying where). and yeah, I'm probably gonna start throwing a few hooks out, if not just letting some friends know I'm officially on the lookout. like I said, at least could use another offer as a bargaining point because it sure doesn't look like they're gonna be very flexible any other way.

you've made your displeasure with my company known to me several times. please refrain from identifying it though.
Ah, yes. Thought you were talking about something else.And why are you so worried that people know you work at Baby Gap?