Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Is this just a little exciting to anyone else?
I really like Wendy's special sandwiches. I just wish that a few of them would stick around longer than a month. They had a buffalo dipped sandwich at the beginning of the summer that I would trade a few of my kids for. They also had a "special" sandwich with jalapeno's a year ago that was awesome. Their spicy chicken sandwich is the best chicken sandwich on the market. That being said, I might try this new hamburger, but I doubt it. Not a big fan of the regular hamburger... especially with no mustard! (wtf!)
No mustard? Eff that.
<3

I'm sure you can say, "With mustard." Just going out on a limb here.I would be afraid to even put my hand on a shoulder of a female athlete if I was coach, especially if it was a pre-college team.

So...some sort of basketball coach? Are you going to be replacing Pat Summitt as the University of Tennessee's women's basketball coach? Question for the sports-minded people in here: how would you feel about coaching a women's team? High school or college. Or, I guess, professional.
Never replace a legend, you know that.Coaching girls would be a nightmare. The only time I could envision coaching a girls high school team would be if I was retired and my daughter or granddaughter was on the team. Even then it would be atrocious to be there for.
I don't regularly post on any other forums, but this place has ruined me for this medium. I have a couple forums that I check out now and then, on subjects I like, but every single one of them is like what GenPo used to be. Just hundreds of idiots saying stupid things. It makes me feel literal anger.
I know we have talked about this before, but the collection of intellect on this board, specifically this thread has to be a couple of standard deviations to the right. I am sure it has to do with the subject matter and that most poker players seems to be intelligent. Even though most here don't play much if at all anymore.

Weekend report- (y'all look bored) Long post warning Brvy!Okay, so I had the weekend off-a rare 3 whole days!Friday I cut grass and worked around the house, ran errands and then Deb and I went to the Library Book Fair which has become a spring/fall ritual of sorts. It actually will wear you out. You spend 3 hours looking down scouring randomly strewn books for gems and end up leaving exhausted mentally and a sore neck for a couple days. Did nab 45 books between us though and was pretty happy with quite a few finds. I have been working on a children's library of sorts for my Grandson and grab about 15 books for him each trip as well. (all are a buck!)Anyway, we headed straight to Columbus to stay the night so we could be up early for the HELL RUN! We met a bunch of Deb's co-workers there and it was bit harried getting our packets and swag and such, but we got to hang out about 20 minutes with them before it started. Now Deb, who is a workout warrior was thinkiing this would be pretty easy and I kept trying to tell her that running outside is a lot tougher than the treadmill, but it wasn't till about 3/4 of a mile in that the realization of what she had gotten into came crashing down upon her. I had decided to go slow and simply accompany her during the run rather than leave her behind since I wasn't sure how difficult the obstacles would be. It wasn't long and she was walking and I was getting a tad bummed so I was trying to encourage her along. Apparently running around in a superman cape with a HR logo on the back sing Lady Ga Ga's "Ohh La, La la la" wasn't the right approach. Who knew?She moaned asking if we were almost done and I told her just a little more and a then a minute later an aide yelled out, "You're half way there!" Oops!The Hell run consists of a three mile trail run with steep hills, deep creeks, trenches of mud, cars to climb over, walls to scale etc. Over the trenches are flags that you have to go under that only give you a a couple feet above the water or mud. Often the mud was knee deep or more. Most people walked through it and simply ducked under the flags. There is no fast way of doing it. You will get soaking wet and muddy, it's unavoidable.At about the two mile mark Deb was getting sick of me and assured me she wouldn't quit and urged me to go ahead and I truly sensed she would kill me if I didn't get out of her space so I took off like a madman. I was flying down a steep hill and passed a bunch of her co-workers and one of the girls yelled out, "You go Randy!" so I yelled back, "They gave me a cape, I might as well use it!" I got to the final stretch and then felt bad thinking of how steep, wet and muddy a couple of the walls and such were so I ran all the way back to find Deb and helped her around them. At this point I think she was finally getting an appreciation of how much all my running was paying off. She was glad I came back and she didn't finish last alone and was glad I was there to help. So we got to the final stretch- There was a wall of fire about 2 feet high followed by about 10 yards of real deep gooey mud with a flag above it that you had to run under and then a final 20 yards of knee deep mud till the finish line. So I let out a ferocious roar and took off flying and about a hundred people at the finish line started cheering (everyone else at this point was basically crawling to the end) and I leapt the fire and dove over the flag landing face first into the mud! I drudged my way up and with fists pumping performed another twisting dive into the mud- arose again and as it got thinner ran full blast over the finish line to the cheer and dying laughter of the crowd! I had mud in my teeth, ears, and well yeah, I was basically covered head to toe. They have pics which I hope to have soon. We hosed off and were all lauging and talking and a younger guy was upset that he trained and didn't realize they didn't time the event. I asked him how fast he ran it and he said 40 minutes. I told him if he spotted me two minutes I would bet him $50 (for charity) and race him which he quickly accepted. Deb I think was worrying that I was being a jerk, but I really felt good and didn't feel like I had actually run much with all the walking and stuff. Her co-workers thought it was awesome and quickly started side bets and bonus money if we did it. He's 27 and in obviously good shape and I didn't seriously think I had a chance but "oh well?" I really paced myself (I ran around a couple obstacles before he caught up, knowing no one would know) and he passed me at the 2 mile mark but wasn't gaining much from there so I kept him in my sites staying about 20 yards behind him. The final obstacle before the home stretch was a twenty foot rope wall that was covered in mud. As he was waiting to climb it, the crowd bottlenecked since only 2 at a time could go, I ran by and leapt the lower girls wall to take the lead!! hahaha We battled through the mud in the home stretch and when he got a lead on me I grabbed him by the shirt and pulled him back down into the mud and ran past for victory! I think he was really pissed but I dumped a beer on his head and everyone returned the favor by spraying me- so I confessed I cheated to make him feel better and everyone was laughing at us so it all turned out good.

I know we have talked about this before, but the collection of intellect on this board, specifically this thread has to be a couple of standard deviations to the right. I am sure it has to do with the subject matter and that most poker players seems to be intelligent. Even though most here don't play much if at all anymore.
Yeah, but I do bring the deviation down a tad. Seriously though, I agree with Brvy most other forums are pretty banal. I do frequent The Rush Forum alot in the political/religon section and if I am considered one of the smarter/informed posters you can imagine how draining the actual intellect is there. Anyway, Sunday I spent 3 hours doing this--- 2011-09-18121335.jpg

I didn't even know you got arrested.Nice work on the run. I have a bunch of friends that did the Trojan Run around here, which sounds pretty similar. I'm not sure any of them were accosted by mustachioed toe-shoed men, unfortunately.

randy's crazy!

that looks pretty neat actually. you know a race is interesting when part of the advertisement is people being carried off in stretchers. wish I was in good enough shape to do something like that. I'm regularly running 5 miles, but it's with rest breaks and I do it on a treadmill.and no really, randy really is crazy.
Yeah, I don't think I could coach high school because I'd constantly be worried about inappropriate behavior. Or even perceived inappropriate behavior. I'd still be worried about it in college, but at least we're talking about adults.I remember the coach of UNC's soccer team said that the biggest difference between coaching men's and women's teams was that the most important thing you had to do with women's teams was manage their relationships. Deal with the drama, so to speak. That doesn't seem like a fun thing to do.
I'd drill the heck outta those girls. I'd split them in two, groups that is, but they'd occasionally be expected to play for the other team. Lotsa lay-up practices too.
I'm sure you can say, "With mustard." Just going out on a limb here.
Are you insane? Have you never worked in the restaurant industry? I don't care where I am, or how much I dislike something, I never ask for changes in a meal. You do not want your order to stand out to the people that you can't see. Especially at a place like Wendy's. I mean, when I worked at Applebee's in the 90's it was a rare night when a steak that got sent back for a re-cook (too rare... etc) didn't get dropped on the floor. There were plenty of times when I saw people step on stuff that went back out to the customer. My sister is now a lawyer, and one time she was working at a non-Wendy's sit-down restaurant and threw something in the trash that the customer wanted. She went back in and dug it out of the trash and boxed it up for the customer. This is not uncommon. This is extremely common. I'm not even going to mention my buddy who worked at McDonald's and used to rub the buns on his nuts. (Only the buns of "special" sandwiches... like add mustard) If I'm at a nice restaurant that boxes the stuff for you... I just say, no thank you. Or I let them box it up and then throw it in the trash on the way out the door. Cliff notes: Keep the order simple, and then don't let the food leave your sight.
Long post warning Brvy!
That probably came off as too mean, but I almost always read your long posts, as long as they are personal anecdotes and not copy/pastes from a fundamentalist, almost religious, "I hate Jesus" site.
I didn't even know you got arrested.Nice work on the run. I have a bunch of friends that did the Trojan Run around here, which sounds pretty similar. I'm not sure any of them were accosted by mustachioed toe-shoed men, unfortunately.
I am doing a similar run called the Spartan Sprint on Oct. 15th. Hopefully the mud isn't frozen over by then.
That probably came off as too mean, but I almost always read your long posts, as long as they are personal anecdotes and not copy/pastes from a fundamentalist, almost religious, "I hate Jesus" site.
I only read the ones that you don't read.
Cliff notes: Keep the order simple, and then don't let the food leave your sight.
my mcdonalds+goodcents experience was the polar opposite. like, dicking around with someone's food takes extra effort, and getting caught could mean worse than just getting fired. I never saw anyone doing anything like that.I'm with you though, I don't ever complain about food needing x y z after it's been served to me. my restaurants had good management, not all places do...
Are you insane? Have you never worked in the restaurant industry?
Sending back a meal is one thing, but asking for mustard is completely benign, and only an extraordinary minority of fuckups is going to bother messing with an order because of it. Also, I don't know how the Wendy's and other fast food restaurants are set up where you live, but I can see my burger being made, especially if I asked for an addition/subtraction and they can't just give me one already off the line.Just get a packet of mustard if you're that worried about it.
Are you insane? Have you never worked in the restaurant industry? I don't care where I am, or how much I dislike something, I never ask for changes in a meal. You do not want your order to stand out to the people that you can't see. Especially at a place like Wendy's. I mean, when I worked at Applebee's in the 90's it was a rare night when a steak that got sent back for a re-cook (too rare... etc) didn't get dropped on the floor. There were plenty of times when I saw people step on stuff that went back out to the customer. My sister is now a lawyer, and one time she was working at a non-Wendy's sit-down restaurant and threw something in the trash that the customer wanted. She went back in and dig it out of the trash and boxed it up for the customer. This is not uncommon. This is extremely common. I'm not even going to mention my buddy who worked at McDonald's and used to rub the buns on his nuts. (Only the buns of "special" sandwiches... like add mustard) If I'm at a nice restaurant that boxes the stuff for you... I just say, no thank you. Or I let them box it up and then throw it in the trash on the way out the door. Cliff notes: Keep the order simple, and then don't let the food leave your sight.
You are such a pussy. Both for not asking for fucking mustard if you want it and for working in a place that did things like that to customers food. Especially since you clearly didn't say or do anything about it.And you're going to own fast food restaurants?? And, what speedz said.
Are you insane? Have you never worked in the restaurant industry? I don't care where I am, or how much I dislike something, I never ask for changes in a meal. You do not want your order to stand out to the people that you can't see. Especially at a place like Wendy's. I mean, when I worked at Applebee's in the 90's it was a rare night when a steak that got sent back for a re-cook (too rare... etc) didn't get dropped on the floor. There were plenty of times when I saw people step on stuff that went back out to the customer. My sister is now a lawyer, and one time she was working at a non-Wendy's sit-down restaurant and threw something in the trash that the customer wanted. She went back in and dig it out of the trash and boxed it up for the customer. This is not uncommon. This is extremely common. I'm not even going to mention my buddy who worked at McDonald's and used to rub the buns on his nuts. (Only the buns of "special" sandwiches... like add mustard) If I'm at a nice restaurant that boxes the stuff for you... I just say, no thank you. Or I let them box it up and then throw it in the trash on the way out the door. Cliff notes: Keep the order simple, and then don't let the food leave your sight.
Um, No. First, your sister is a dirt ball. I've worked in restaurants(of all kinds) for 14+ years and I can say I've seen something like that only once. And that was an extreme circumstance, with someone who pretty much sucked at life and who didn't last much longer past that move. Secondly, your sister is an idiot. Thirdly, I have some questions for you about ADQ. What's the best way to get ahold of ya?