I Called In Sick Today

We have a place called Zumba's that is just a hole in the wall mexican take out joint. They serve most of the same things that Qdoba or Chipolte sell but it just tastes fresher and better. Though Qdoba's salsa verde is pretty nice.
I really like Qdoba's quesadillas.
I just had my first ever court hearing this morning. Woooo.
Nice! How did it go?
Yeah, eff em. I have re-worked it and am simply starting with the previous generations and working the "luck" part into it since it plays well nicely with the rest. I actually was channeling some Aldous Huxley thoughts I had been reading recently.
Too bad. I think you should have taken it even further. Mention the fact that God doesn't exist, which makes the chance thing that much more amazing. Really put the screws to all the stupid religious people. **** grandma.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I really like Qdoba's quesadillas.Nice! How did it go?Too bad. I think you should have taken it even further. Mention the fact that God doesn't exist, which makes the chance thing that much more amazing. Really put the screws to all the stupid religious people. **** grandma.
You're silly. I have the default- "Catholics believe in evolution" going for me. Besides, grandparents don't go to the rehearsel dinner! My intitial thought was that kinda though. My idea was spawned by this-http://richarddawkins.net/articles/91-to-l...-miracle-enoughTo live at all is miracle enough. But I didn't want to get preachy and changed tactics. This was from Huxley-" the ability to make yourself do the things you have to do, when they have to be done, whether you like it or not". which was originally, “The most valuable of all education is the ability to make yourself do the thing you have to do, when it has to be done, whether you like it or not.” Also, “It is a bit embarrassing to have been concerned with the human problem all one's life and find at the end that one has no more to offer by way of advice than try to be a little kinder.’”which is a thought that resonates with me on so many levels. As for the trippy part (which i'll probably leave out) to people of my generation, growing up in the ’60s, Huxley was also famous, and infamous, for having written about his experiences with mescaline and LSD in The Doors of Perception (said to be where the rock band the Doors got their name) and Heaven and Hell. “There are things known and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors of perception.”
On that subject, I have been saving the most eyebrow-raising biographical fact about Huxley his deathbed request.Aldous Leonard Huxley's last day on Earth was November 22, 1963—the day of John F. Kennedy's assassination. (C.S. Lewis also died that day.) During Huxley's last hours, at his home in Hollywood, California, he was unable to speak. According to his wife, Laura, in her memoir, This Timeless Moment, he wrote her a note requesting, “LSD, 100 µg, intramuscular.” She duly gave him an injection at 11:45 a.m., and another a couple of hours later. One cannot even begin to imagine what he felt, or saw, as he faded away . . .
“Maybe this world is another planet's hell.” But, I obviously would have a hard time working that in, lol

Oh and the million generations line came from Jethro Tull,Meanwhile back in the year One --- when you belonged to no-one --- you didn't stand a chance son, if your pants were undone. `Cause you were bred for humanity and sold to society --- one day you'll wake up in the Present Day --- a million generations removed from expectations of being who you really want to be.

For speedz,Seriously, my job has been booooring. But here is a short phone conversation I just had. I posted it over at the hockey board but didn't want you to get mad even though it really isn't a good story.Me: Craphole Apartments, Steve speaking, how can I help you?Idiot girl: Yeah, how much are your one bedroom apartments?Me: $640/mo with heat and water includedIG: Do you have any specials?Me: Yes, we offer two move in specials to choose from. The first one is you can get your last month free on a one year lease. So pay $640 for 11 months and then pay nothing on your last month or you can take $50 off your rent each month for the first year which means your rent will be $590 for 12 months. If you choose to sign on for another one year lease that $50 will get added back on.IG: What if I want a one year lease.Me: ...Me: huh?IG: what if I want to sign a one year lease.Me: *chuckles* Those specials are for a one year leaseIG: *angry hurumph* Thank you*click*

I just talked to my dad and he hired some 20 year old to come over and weed eat today and put some rock in some planter boxes. Apparently it took the kid an hour to get the weed eater line fed properly, my dad had to keep coming out and doing it for him. He weedeated(?) for about 15 minutes until he ran out of line and couldn't put the line in again. So my dad had him spread the rock instead. He had to put it in a wheel barrow and move it to the planter, then spread it with a rake. My dad came back outside 15 minutes later and the kid was sitting in his truck with his head down. My dad asked what was wrong, to which he replied "I feel sick to my stomach"My dad gave him $10 and told him to go home. He worked for less than 30 minutes, possibly less than 15.CLIFFS: LOL - Kids these days.

What'd you go with?
went with the barbacoa burrito fajita style, with rice, medium salsa, sour cream and cheese. only complaint was that there was too much rice, or that for the amount of it, it didn't have enough flavor, but still, it was really good. next time I think I gotta go for the chicken soft tacos. the chicken looked really good. plus I didn't even know there were chips until I sat down and saw everybody else with chips. probably a good thing though because that burrito was huge.how fucking sad is it that I live in a place that makes going to a medium quality chain restaurant an exciting event? I really am a piece of shit that needs to move to a real city.
Well shit. Now I don't know who you are anymore... since the new who I thought you were, would never make this mistake. I suppose there's an outside chance that it was a play on 'your retarded'... but with the special emphasis on stupid... shit. I'm totally confused now.
I mean, how long have you been posting here?
You're silly. I have the default- "Catholics believe in evolution" going for me. Besides, grandparents don't go to the rehearsel dinner! My intitial thought was that kinda though. My idea was spawned by this-http://richarddawkins.net/articles/91-to-l...-miracle-enoughTo live at all is miracle enough. But I didn't want to get preachy and changed tactics. This was from Huxley-" the ability to make yourself do the things you have to do, when they have to be done, whether you like it or not". which was originally, “The most valuable of all education is the ability to make yourself do the thing you have to do, when it has to be done, whether you like it or not.” Also, “It is a bit embarrassing to have been concerned with the human problem all one's life and find at the end that one has no more to offer by way of advice than try to be a little kinder.’”which is a thought that resonates with me on so many levels. As for the trippy part (which i'll probably leave out) to people of my generation, growing up in the ’60s, Huxley was also famous, and infamous, for having written about his experiences with mescaline and LSD in The Doors of Perception (said to be where the rock band the Doors got their name) and Heaven and Hell. “There are things known and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors of perception.” “Maybe this world is another planet's hell.” But, I obviously would have a hard time working that in, lol
you say this is for a wedding, right?

It may just be me...Of course it is, but hear me outInstead of the flashy eating joints like Applebees and the like, I prefer a slightly different dining experienceLike what, you didn't ask?First off, the building should be on the verge of being condemned, with the slight aroma of dust and sour beer. Both should be promanatly displayedAt a minimum there should be one seventies era jukebox and two projection TVs from the same approximate era. It goes without saying that several battle scarred pool tables are also included...The men's room needs at least one urinal with a trash bag over it to alert patrons to is working condition and at a minimum... Eighty percent wall coverage of "for a good time call" postings. No more than five to seven that include my number, thoughAs far as menu choices, it has to offer....Damn... I'm starving for Arts Place now

went with the barbacoa burrito fajita style, with rice, medium salsa, sour cream and cheese. only complaint was that there was too much rice, or that for the amount of it, it didn't have enough flavor
You listened to me! Sorry, they're usually pretty good about directing in terms of how much of each thing you want.
You listened to me! Sorry, they're usually pretty good about directing in terms of how much of each thing you want.
oh no it wasn't their fault for lack of direction, I didn't say light rice or anything and it was probably the normal amount of rice, I just don't really care for white rice. next time I do the burrito thing there, I think I'll keep the rice, but tell them to put the medium salsa directly over top of it. think that sounds like a plan. I don't know, just so many possibilities.that sure is a lot of dudes, strategy.

Brv,I won! However, it was just a motion to dismiss and the facts were on my side. I take my first deposition in a month. Exciting times.SA21, you'll be fine as long as you approach the bar exam not like a moron (like I did).

Did you guys know there was a football game on last night? Real football too. It was quite compelling.
I almost pooped on the couch during that last drive (dumbly had GB -4.5 in a parlay and GB +1.5 in a teaser). That woulda been a gut punch loss to not cover like that.