I Called In Sick Today

No, yours was a very slight humble brag and mine was a joke at Shakes, and to a lesser extent my own, expense as you probably tipped the valet an amount equal to my last paycheck, and so it's a brag akin to the ole "that's like winning a gold medal at the special olympics" analogy. Glad I had to explain this, too. Because that makes it super funny. Also, still less than three you. Unrelated, last week I ended up having drinks with my buddy's older sister, brother-in-law and another couple last week that really made me hate myself. They (aside from my buddy) are in their lower 30's and were bragging about their new jobs at the "most prestigious law firm in Des Moines" and "as a new writer with Fox Sports" and "oh we were at Lollapolooza" and "a mutual acquaintance of ours played a rock show on our old buildings roof after our wedding" and I felt so inadequate. "Oh, how chic of you to be on the rooftop of your Des Moines, IOWA apartment building thats probably six stories high. Last week I drink the majority of a twelve pack of light beer out of the cutoff end of a whiffle bat, how's that for cultured, bitches"
thank you.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

also nobody ever answered me on whether or not it's a good idea to bring up market salaries for similar positions when bargaining for a raise.

also nobody ever answered me on whether or not it's a good idea to bring up market salaries for similar positions when bargaining for a raise.
I think it's a fantastic idea. Also, try to use the f-word frequently.

I just finished my missing Sunny episode, and it was super great. I'm not really sure how a 6-8 year old had the catch phase stuck in his head though, since that episode was probably one of the more un-kid-friendly episodes that I've ever seen.

I mean, you're still pissing on his grave though, right?
Well, of course I am....I only get a conscience or have normal thoughts/feelings when im completely hammeredAs far as buzzed beans is concerned, the sorry **** can rot in ****in hell and smoke a turd with the devilI may even shit....In other news...I have no idea

Valet?? At Embassy Suites??? Someone has to get the fuck out of Iowa for christ sake.

Deadspin: Youth-Baseball Umpire In Missouri Claims Pitcher, Catcher Conspired To Hit Him With A PitchFirst off, the usual caveats with respect to my not posting here anymore, etc.Secondly: We used to do this all the time in Kansas City. My best friend in middle school was originally from Lee's Summit -- where this story takes place -- but he never played baseball. Meanwhile, every school-sponsored team I've ever played on -- starting about 20 minutes from Lee's Summit -- used this play. We were better at it than those guys, sure, but we used it at least once a year. I've been in every one of these spots: pitcher, catcher... ump. (I swear that 9-year old dove out of the way at the last second.)
No, yours was a very slight humble brag and mine was a joke at Shakes, and to a lesser extent my own, expense as you probably tipped the valet an amount equal to my last paycheck, and so it's a brag akin to the ole "that's like winning a gold medal at the special olympics" analogy. Glad I had to explain this, too. Because that makes it super funny. Also, still less than three you. Unrelated, last week I ended up having drinks with my buddy's older sister, brother-in-law and another couple last week that really made me hate myself. They (aside from my buddy) are in their lower 30's and were bragging about their new jobs at the "most prestigious law firm in Des Moines" and "as a new writer with Fox Sports" and "oh we were at Lollapolooza" and "a mutual acquaintance of ours played a rock show on our old buildings roof after our wedding" and I felt so inadequate. "Oh, how chic of you to be on the rooftop of your Des Moines, IOWA apartment building thats probably six stories high. Last week I drink the majority of a twelve pack of light beer out of the cutoff end of a whiffle bat, how's that for cultured, bitches"
Please, please tell us that you mentioned how much fun it is to pick shrooms off of manure and go cow-tipping afterwards.
Oh sorry, I thought you were kidding about the raise thing. Uhh, yeah sure, mention the market.
Deadspin: Youth-Baseball Umpire In Missouri Claims Pitcher, Catcher Conspired To Hit Him With A PitchFirst off, the usual caveats with respect to my not posting here anymore, etc.Secondly: We used to do this all the time in Kansas City. My best friend in middle school was originally from Lee's Summit -- where this story takes place -- but he never played baseball. Meanwhile, every school-sponsored team I've ever played on -- starting about 20 minutes from Lee's Summit -- used this play. We were better at it than those guys, sure, but we used it at least once a year. I've been in every one of these spots: pitcher, catcher... ump. (I swear that 9-year old dove out of the way at the last second.)
I've probably told the story (quite few times) of witnessing my sons team do this exact thing in the greatest baseball game never seen. They called the umpire Bad Back Bart becuase due to his bad back he couldn't lean over to see the strike zone. The the team was losing so bad and were so vastly overmatched (Think Jamacian Bobsled team) that they ended up just having fun, which included trying to hit the umpire in the nuts with a pitch, and succeeding. Amazing, hilarious and one of those moments that seem to justify your brief but amazing stint on this planet.
Unrelated, last week I ended up having drinks with my buddy's older sister, brother-in-law and another couple last week that really made me hate myself. They (aside from my buddy) are in their lower 30's and were bragging about their new jobs at the "most prestigious law firm in Des Moines" and "as a new writer with Fox Sports" and "oh we were at Lollapolooza" and "a mutual acquaintance of ours played a rock show on our old buildings roof after our wedding" and I felt so inadequate. "Oh, how chic of you to be on the rooftop of your Des Moines, IOWA apartment building thats probably six stories high. Last week I drink the majority of a twelve pack of light beer out of the cutoff end of a whiffle bat, how's that for cultured, bitches"
They're 10 years older than you, they should be more accomplished. Sorry Shake.
Yes, definitely.

great, my review is in ten minutes and I have no idea if I should, and how I should ask for a raise. you guys and your conflicting/possibly missleading advice. I hate you all! except maybe you speedz, unless you were being facetious.

great, my review is in ten minutes and I have no idea if I should, and how I should ask for a raise. you guys and your conflicting/possibly missleading advice. I hate you all! except maybe you speedz, unless you were being facetious.
Bringing up market salaries won't accomplish anything.Edit: It's hard to really give any advice when nobody knows what you do or how big the company you work for is or actually any useful information.
I was not. It's perfectly reasonable for you to mention the fact that you're being underpaid compared to similar positions at different companies. But maybe I'd save that until the end if it looks like they aren't planning on giving you a raise.

I don't know who Cindy is, but she just burned Speedz real good.Also, I don't like Cindy's new avatar, but maybe it's just because the old one was much better.