I Called In Sick Today

So, we all agreed, LG is going to marry the 40lb dude?
Update: we had the third date today. Saw "Biutiful", then had dinner and drinks. He paid for everything except the last round of drinks. It was an expensive night for him. Movie tickets + popcorn + sodas + dinner. I offered to contribute but was unsuccessful. Hope I'm worth it. Oh, and this happened again:
Ha. Au contraire, I am establishing a pattern of refusing to kiss at the end of dates. awkward.
I feel like such a terrible bitch. It actually happened twice (mid-date and end of date). I explained my thought process to him though and he gets it/begrudgingly accepts it. Next time it is 99% we will kiss, I swear, unless he really does something to perturb me.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Your argument collapses on itself like a dying star when, in the course of shooting down the opposition's arguments, you make statements like this one:

I wasn't applying it to animal rights, I was pointing out that the question of who and what "deserves" to exist is far more than just a discussion on animal rights - it also has to be a discussion on the nature of existence. Imagining that we are endowed with the ability to solve those questions, or that our species is uniquely intelligent and perfect enough to not act and think completely selfishly when faced with those questions is pretty audacious. I'm not sure what part of that makes me an asshole.
After having already made a statement like this one:
In my opinion, most "animal lovers" are huge hypocrites. An animal lover should either admit that they simply love cute fuzzy adorable animals, or that person had better be a goddam vegetarian, maybe even a vegan. The idea that a cat or dog is more deserving of life than a cow is completely preposterous to me. Don't get me wrong - I totally love animals, particularly my cat, and I totally eat meat. I'm definitely a hypocrite, but at least I acknowledge it. But I feel like anybody who makes a campaign out of saving or helping animals had better not wear leather or eat meat (this puts you on thin ice speedz, but you can also claim an economic motive for being a vet, so you're not completely guilty).
You can't have it both ways. Either we're capable of having the discussion and reaching a rational conclusion -- which means you have to disavow the top quote -- or you can try to argue that the question simply isn't one we're capable of discussing rationally -- which means this entire conversation is of absolutely no value, and any opinions you have on the issue should be immediately abandoned.
I really wasn't setting up straw men. You don't think the question, "What is the nature of existence?" should be examined before a discussion on who or what philosophically "deserves" to exist, and under which conditions we can consider existence beneficial or worthwhile?
I think the question "what is the nature of existence" is important if we're looking for a Unified Theory of Metaphysics. But we're not, because it's counterproductive and obfuscatory to keep zooming out. I'm the last person who would suggest you shouldn't apply philosophy when you argue, but you have to do it in a way that makes the issue clearer, not one that will inevitably lead to a (shoulder shrug) and an "agree to disagree." Rebuttal: "But, Wang, don't you always attack me on a meta-level, suggesting my argumentation is awful while never contributing anything to the discussion-proper yourself?"Counterpoint: Yes, but you're a faggot, so it is much different. It is different for other reasons, too, but the most important one is: your faggotry."
Update: we had the third date today. Saw "Biutiful", then had dinner and drinks. He paid for everything except the last round of drinks. It was an expensive night for him. Movie tickets + popcorn + sodas + dinner. I offered to contribute but was unsuccessful. Hope I'm worth it. Oh, and this happened again:I feel like such a terrible bitch. It actually happened twice (mid-date and end of date). I explained my thought process to him though and he gets it/begrudgingly accepts it. Next time it is 99% we will kiss, I swear, unless he really does something to perturb me.
How was the movie? I can't find a torrent of it anywhere.
Your argument collapses on itself like a dying star when, in the course of shooting down the opposition's arguments, you make statements like this one:After having already made a statement like this one:
So what you're saying is that I was hypocritical when I explained that, "I'm definitely a hypocrite?"
You can't have it both ways. Either we're capable of having the discussion and reaching a rational conclusion -- which means you have to disavow the top quote -- or you can try to argue that the question simply isn't one we're capable of discussing rationally -- which means this entire conversation is of absolutely no value, and any opinions you have on the issue should be immediately abandoned.
You're inventing mistakes that I didn't make. In the former quote I'm discussing and questioning whether we, humanity, have the capacity to answer questions like which animal is better. In the latter quote I say that I find it preposterous to draw definitive conclusions about that question. The first quote was explaining my reason for believing that we shouldn't make those judgments, at least without acknowledging that they're probably entirely selfish. I'm saying the same thing in both. I didn't say every animal is equal, I said that we shouldn't presume to know which is more worthy of existence. We can certainly discuss the subject of whether or not we're capable of answering those questions.
I think the question "what is the nature of existence" is important if we're looking for a Unified Theory of Metaphysics. But we're not, because it's counterproductive and obfuscatory to keep zooming out. I'm the last person who would suggest you shouldn't apply philosophy when you argue, but you have to do it in a way that makes the issue clearer, not one that will inevitably lead to a (shoulder shrug) and an "agree to disagree."
Rebuttal: But Wang, I explained why I was thinking on such a "meta" level (Carl Sagan), apologized for it, and certainly wasn't bragging about it. Besides, I wasn't making a vague, unrelated argument -- the question of human intelligence and worth vs. animal intelligence and worth (in a Godless universe), and human egocentricity vs. human compassion and human intellect is totally central to the debate about eating meat.
Update: we had the third date today. Saw "Biutiful", then had dinner and drinks. He paid for everything except the last round of drinks. It was an expensive night for him. Movie tickets + popcorn + sodas + dinner. I offered to contribute but was unsuccessful. Hope I'm worth it.
Did you ask him about why he only paid for 40# out of 45?
So what you're saying is that I was hypocritical when I explained that, "I'm definitely a hypocrite?"You're inventing mistakes that I didn't make. In the former quote I'm discussing and questioning whether we, humanity, have the capacity to answer questions like which animal is better. In the latter quote I say that I find it preposterous to draw definitive conclusions about that question. The first quote was explaining my reason for believing that we shouldn't make those judgments, at least without acknowledging that they're probably entirely selfish. I'm saying the same thing in both. I didn't say every animal is equal, I said that we shouldn't presume to know which is more worthy of existence. We can certainly discuss the subject of whether or not we're capable of answering those questions. Rebuttal: But Wang, I explained why I was thinking on such a "meta" level (Carl Sagan), apologized for it, and certainly wasn't bragging about it. Besides, I wasn't making a vague, unrelated argument -- the question of human intelligence and worth vs. animal intelligence and worth (in a Godless universe), and human egocentricity vs. human compassion and human intellect is totally central to the debate about eating meat.
The universe is expanding for no reason other than to provide us with something to reference when the question is asked, "How much distance exists between Wakefield and the next worst poster on this site?"^ Pay close attention to that comma I used in that sentence. ^It should allow you to break it up into two, individualized replies per stanza. ^^ Now to look up the official definition for "stanza" and argue that I used it improperly ^^
How was the movie? I can't find a torrent of it anywhere.
It is really sad and depressing but also very beautiful and excellently made and Bardem is phenomenal. It is definitely by far the best of Innaritu's work in my opinion. I can't imagine how Firth can deserve the Best Actor Oscar more than Bardem, so I am keen to watch The King's Speech soon.
Did you ask him about why he only paid for 40# out of 45?
No, because when I said that before Shake said "No", and Shake is the boss of me. Actually I am sure I could have asked this guy, he already knows I am very blunt and honest. Whatever, dude has an iphone so clearly he has more money than I do.
He paid for everything except the last round of drinks. It was an expensive night for him. Movie tickets + popcorn + sodas + dinner. I offered to contribute but was unsuccessful. Hope I'm worth it.
I'm sorry, but I have to say something...This guy is no good. First, he goes on a date and pays $65 on a $74 bill, or whatever it was? What kind of person does that? Either split it, you pay, or pay the whole goddamn thing. And if you're Chappelling on the date, and only have $65, don't do something that's going to cost $65. This time he pays for everything except the last round of drinks? You're implying that you had more than one round of drinks, if that's the case, then buy every round. He paid for everything else, so PAY FOR EVERYTHING!Sounds like this guy will get you right to the verge of orgasm, then roll over, go the kitchen, eat a sandwich, and go to sleep.Although, somewhere on the internet, somebody is telling him how gay you are for not kissing him after 3 dates, and you're only in it for the 85% discount on late-night entertainment.
^^ Now to look up the official definition for "stanza" and argue that I used it improperly ^^
haha
No, because when I said that before Shake said "No", and Shake is the boss of me.
to be fair though, I went to a strip club this weekend and the strippers didn't even talk to me, so I may not be the highest ranking reference for relationship advice here. if you can bore/weird out strippers in west virginia, man, you're doing something. there's gotta be a way I can put my talents on the internet and make money.
This time he pays for everything except the last round of drinks? You're implying that you had more than one round of drinks, if that's the case, then buy every round.
We had sodas at the movies and wine at dinner. The "last round" of drinks was a pint of beer each at a pub, and I offered to pay and he let me that one time. I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

hey strat, we ate at a qdobo on saturday (first time for me) and I remember you talking about it pretty heavily. it was damn good. one question though: how the hell do you pronounce the name of the restaurant? cudobo? kehdobo? THERE'S NO FUCKING 'U' ASSHOLES.not sure where that yelling came from.also: 5 hours is WAY too far to drive for one night of heavy drinking. that drive back was fucking horrible. went to sleep last night at 6:30, woke up at 5, and could still have slept another 2 or 3 hours.

I ate at Qdoba a couple months back and really liked it. It blows away chipotle especially the sauces. In Kentucky we call it Cue-Doo-bah's. Thankfully, I'm in Ohio now.I am getting a kick out of LG's kissing quandry and can't help but imagine this guy's thought process as she is logically explaining why she is, in fact, not going to kiss him again on this third date.I guess we have new poll material as well. Cow-Dog-Cat-Tim as the animal with the most inherant right to existence.Kidding.I was thinking though. There really isn't an absolutist answer to his question simply because all animals do in fact die no matter what. The question should be what responsibility we have to ensure other animal's "happiness" and in fact that might include killing some of them. It is responsible to kill off portions of the deer population every year in order to keep population under control. If the populations get to large they risk starvation and other issues, let alone the risk they pose to humans by trying to jump in their cars to listen to our radios.Also, it is natural for us to place certain species above other since they are closer to us genetically and thus smarter. By smarter I would fathom they have more of a capacity to understand the pain of not having an ipod and such. So they might not have an inherant right to existence more than a fly, but we would certainly value it more on our end. Trying to take all cows and chickens and raise them in a free range environment next week is simply not practical as it would wreck the economy and cause massive food shortages for us humans. (Thus negating our happiness quotient) We probably should look at treating them more humane as a long term goal though even if they are being raised for tender steaks and McNuggets. Oh and we are having an ice storm tommorow. Should be fun. Fck winter.

I feel like such a terrible bitch. It actually happened twice (mid-date and end of date). I explained my thought process to him though and he gets it/begrudgingly accepts it. Next time it is 99% we will kiss, I swear, unless he really does something to perturb me.
COME ON! Do you have any idea what you're doing to this guy's confidence? And what you're making him think of you, regardless of your thought process, which I'm sure was rational but somewhat ridiculous?
Sounds like this guy will get you right to the verge of orgasm, then roll over, go the kitchen, eat a sandwich, and go to sleep.
I bet LG would love that...no cleanup. But I don't see anything wrong with the payment this time, as it's pretty normal for the girl to pick up the last part of the date, whether it's a drink, coffee, movie tickets, etc.
to be fair though, I went to a strip club this weekend and the strippers didn't even talk to me, so I may not be the highest ranking reference for relationship advice here. if you can bore/weird out strippers in west virginia, man, you're doing something.
I don't even know what to say to that.
We have our first Chipotle here in England now! I saw it yesterday and plan never to eat there!
Most vegetarians I know actually like Chipotle a lot.
"The only reason I was so hardcore about this is because (a) I am incredibly thoughtful and deep and (b) I have been reading about cosmology and physics and applying it to animal rights. You have probably not, which explains the disconnect.
Heh.
COME ON! Do you have any idea what you're doing to this guy's confidence? And what you're making him think of you, regardless of your thought process, which I'm sure was rational but somewhat ridiculous?I bet LG would love that...no cleanup. But I don't see anything wrong with the payment this time, as it's pretty normal for the girl to pick up the last part of the date, whether it's a drink, coffee, movie tickets, etc.Most vegetarians I know actually like Chipotle a lot.
His confidence is just fine. On Wednesday we're going to hang out at his place and eat Domino's pizza. As long as I keep agreeing to future dates he has no reason to suspect I am not interested. Anyway he is a cool guy. He loves Curb Your Enthusiasm AND he likes Jersey Shore. In other words, he has a good sense of humour. Clearly any guy who dates me NEEDS a good sense of humour.~*~Lady in the street but a freak in the bed~*~I ate Chipotle a bunch in Kansas. Almost always got a searingly hot mouthful (yowza) at some point even though I always got just mild salsa. I don't like to have my mouth burned off because they cross-contaminate their salsas. Also: it's like a mouthful of mush. I need more bite, like some fake chicken or fake beef in my burrito.
His confidence is just fine. On Wednesday we're going to hang out at his place and eat Domino's pizza. As long as I keep agreeing to future dates he has no reason to suspect I am not interested.
I suppose. You guys are, like, TOTALLY going to make out on his couch!
I need more bite, like some fake chicken or fake beef in my burrito.
Gross. Texture is the biggest issue I have with fake meat...well, after taste.
Opinions are like assholes. You have your opinion and, thanks to you, the sicki thread has it's assholeWin, Win!
OH THE IRONY!
Making out on a couch or fake meat?
I'll assume you were talking about the couch issue. I wouldn't dare knock that, as I'm a fan as well. And also a fan of waiting to make el sexo when in a relationship you're pretty sure will go somewhere, as it's a lot of fun to go through the pain and misery of waiting and the payoff when you finally start is fantastic.
Yeah, Wang goes waaaaaay out of his way to make sure nobody else pays for anything ever.
Wang is
?
well I didn't end up playing poker. they had a poker room but nobody else in my group wanted to play and I didn't feel like doing it alone, so we just bet at the dog track and then played that big spinning wheel game. it was the only table game you could get onto. titties went over better though.
never stopped you before
Update: it. Oh, and this happened again:
Does anyone else cringe with the dating updates? I feel for ya Strat.
OH THE IRONY!
Was gonna Jeepster his post but your reply is better.With all the great Mexican joints in the area, I just can't go to TBell, Q or Chipotle. Sorry but that stuff is just not real Mexican.