I Called In Sick Today

well I've made it home and completely caught up on the thread and have found NOTHING of value to quote. you people are a disappointment. totally disappointed.where's beans? I think it's about time for some more bean's cam footage. I think if there were enough of it, I'd never have to leave the house and just live vicariously through beans.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Currently treating myself to a Peppermint White Mocha. I have to have at least a couple of these things during the holidays.
Did your wife give you a fauxhawk to go with that?
This right here is one of the reasons that I love you Speedz. An honest answer, where one wasn't required, and where most people in your position wouldn't want to give satisfaction to the particular person you are responding to.
I have this problem with answering rhetorical questions/statements.Edit: Also, I have no problem with scram. I'm pretty sure we've reached a point of mutual...something.I'm so ****ing drained right now. I'm in the two week span that includes, but is not limited to, final exams in Law, Pharmacology, Neurology (in 8 hours), Microbiology, and Urinary Pathophysiology. Today we had Clinical Skills, so I got to play with sheep, dogs, cats, and pigs, and it wasn't even fun, due to the mental overload. Ok, it was a little fun.

Stopped by to check on mum in law on way home from work and she wasn't doing well. Took her to hospital and they kept her for precautionary reasons and some tests. She has parkinsons and had a mini stroke I think. She's okay so now I am starved and waffle house is the only thing open. No fries but hash browns with cheese and onions. Where else can eat that the decor is bathroom? Bored obviosly at 1 am. Even the black people arre quiet.

Goddamnit Randy, I was just complaining about my life and now you have to go ahead and story-top me. Fine, the physical health of your mother-in-law is more important than me having to do a lot of studying. Dick.

Nope, but "Add dictionaries" was an option and installing one seems to have made the difference. Cogniscent. Eureka!
Oops, looks like you fucked up and installed some kind of weird non-American one. Try again.Also, I think I'll just shorten the cartoon to:mustache_crop.jpg
Did your wife give you a fauxhawk to go with that?I have this problem with answering rhetorical questions/statements.Edit: Also, I have no problem with scram. I'm pretty sure we've reached a point of mutual...something.I'm so ****ing drained right now. I'm in the two week span that includes, but is not limited to, final exams in Law, Pharmacology, Neurology (in 8 hours), Microbiology, and Urinary Pathophysiology. Today we had Clinical Skills, so I got to play with sheep, dogs, cats, and pigs, and it wasn't even fun, due to the mental overload. Ok, it was a little fun.
wait till you have to go a job, end up with a wife and kids with a business to run...you will miss the drained college years. enjoy!!

It's Hypothetical Friday!You are 30 years old with a pregnant wife. A magical genie/leprechaun/fairy visits you in the night and says, "I will grant you 15 years where you don't have to work and you will still be afforded the financial means you otherwise would have had(because I can see the future (because it's magic)). These 15 years must be taken before you turn 65, but do not have to be taken consecutively. For the years I am not supporting you, you will be provided with a job that you otherwise would have had (again, magic future-seeing)."When do you take those years?I think I probably take the first six years, then go back to work during the kid's school years, then take the next nine starting after the kid's high school graduation. That would mean going back to work for eight years until retirement. I might consider swapping a couple of those first six years for a couple years on the back end.

I take them right away unless this deal includes the knowledge that I and certain people around me (spouse, kids) will live for at least a given period of time. Although I'd prefer the ability to work part time...I plan on enjoying my job, even if that might be a little naiive without having spent a day doing it yet.

I take them right away unless this deal includes the knowledge that I and certain people around me (spouse, kids) will live for at least a given period of time.
You mean if you were given a guarantee that your family would outlive you, it would change your answer?
Although I'd prefer the ability to work part time...I plan on enjoying my job, even if that might be a little naiive without having spent a day doing it yet.
Oh yeah, if you try to negotiate with the leprechaun or genie, he'll punch you in the neck, so you better hope you got the fairy.Part-time work would be the best though.Also, you're the only naïve one here, so there should only be one "I" in there. God, I struggled with how to phrase that.
You mean if you were given a guarantee that your family would outlive you, it would change your answer?
I mean that I don't want to work full-time for 10 years in preparation for taking the next 15 years off, only for my wife to die in year 11. That's why I'd take most of it right away...life's short, etc.
Also, you're the only naïve one here, so there should only be one "I" in there. God, I struggled with how to phrase that.
poorly.jpg
Goddamnit Randy, I was just complaining about my life and now you have to go ahead and story-top me. Fine, the physical health of your mother-in-law is more important than me having to do a lot of studying. Dick.
Dude, it was a story about Fries. Settle down. Geez.I got to bed at 2:30 and was back at the hospital at 8. Deb had to go to Columbus for her new job so I got the duty. I assume all old people hate staying in hospitals and Christmas coming doesn't make it any easier but she flipped when the told her this morning they were reccomending therapy, in house for at least a week. She really can't stay on her own and this is an easy choice but I am willing to bet they all cave in and let her go home, despite my vehement protests. I went through this with dad, so I'm experienced at it. Remember when he tried to jump out of my car and faceplant himself on the xpressway because I was taking him to rehab? So, actually this did turn into a story about life being tougher than Speedz measly exam, so um Speedz, suck it up. Life's a bitch and go have some fries with that beer.
cash-4-second.jpg
Heartless bastards.And I didn't have think twice about retiring at 50. Get it done and enjoy the later years when you really really don't want to work.
I would start my first year off when the child is born. Then work a year, take off a year, work a year, take off a year, etc till the 15 years off are done.
why not just take a long weekend every other week and really stretch it out?

I would probably take time off immidiately. Then I would prob work part of the year, for the next few years. Do the bulk of my work while the kids were in Grade School while taking the summers off, then take the rest of the time off while they are in H.S. and shortly after. (Not sure of the math of this)

i dont take any time off. what, am i gonna stay at home with my wife and kid? christ, thats worse than working.
This brings up an interesting point. Those of us who don't have kids wouldn't have to deal with this.
And I didn't have think twice about retiring at 50. Get it done and enjoy the later years when you really really don't want to work.
But again, how pissed are you going to be if you died at 49? I mean, you know, if you knew that you died.
Innnnnnteresting.
Thought about it but it would probably annoy the fairy with all the accounting work involved in making sure I was paid on that Mon and Friday.As much as I hate my job I hate not working. I don't think at this point in my life sitting at home for a bunch of years will make me all that happy. I think taking a year off to do some cool shit with the family would be fun every other year. So yeah, punched in the neck or not, I would like that arrangement.
Meh, just stipulate that the time has to be taken off in minimum five year chunks. Or maybe give up on this one.
I just like the idea of punching people in the neck. I'm ok with the answers really. I was thinking about it after hearing about Urban Meyer resigning to spend more time with his family. Ultimately, I really think the ability to work part-time is the best option. Like 10 - 3, four days a week.