Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I just finally asked out the girl I've been making myself fucking nuts over for the past month and got a yes. Of course, tomorrow night I'm busy, we have exams Monday and Tuesday morning, and then it's Thanksgiving break, so now I just have to figure out a night for us to actually, you know, go out.
Well, that was pretty bad planning. Or was it a spur of the moment, "ooh this is the perfect time" kind of asking out?
I'm going out tonight.
Nevermind.
Wang: "My cat's breath smells like cat food."
I broke my Wookiee.Actually, speedz, I still want to know.
Well, that was pretty bad planning. Or was it a spur of the moment, "ooh this is the perfect time" kind of asking out?
We have 16 quizzes and exams between now and 12/17. There's no such thing as a good time in my life to ask someone out.And yeah, it was a spur of the moment, "Her car is in the shop, so I gave her a ride to and from hanging out with our friends, we're alone (which is rare), and I better sack up and do this now or I'll shoot myself in the face."
And yeah, it was a spur of the moment, "Her car is in the shop, so I gave her a ride to and from hanging out with our friends, we're alone (which is rare), and I better sack up and do this now or I'll shoot myself in the face."
High five!I did the "we're alone in the car together I better sack up and do this now" asking out thing once. She...politely declined.

One of my most embarrassing moments for me asking a girl out was in college. I was sitting at a table in the cafeteria (one of those 6 foot folding round tables) and suddenly I found myself alone with an extremely attractive girl. We struck up a very good conversation, she moved closer to me. I think I even missed a class to continue talking to her. After about 30 minutes (the whole time sitting there thinking how do I ask this girl out) I think I asked her very nonchalantly "would you like to go out sometime?" Her face turned instantly to this disgusted face and said "I have a boyfriend" to which I replied. "Ummm, uh blah, ya, um I know. OK. Bye." I immediately got up and left. I half turned around to see her watching me awkwardly scurry off with a complete look of amazement and disbelief as to what happened. I don't think I even asked a random girl out again after that.

and that's why I never ask girls out and instead do things like shooting guns by myself. gonna probably build a campfire and drink beer by myself afterward too. BET THE FIRE WON'T REJECT ME.

High five!I did the "we're alone in the car together I better sack up and do this now" asking out thing once. She...politely declined.
I'm glad I'm hearing this story now, not four days ag.
"Ummm, uh blah, ya, um I know. OK. Bye."
Heh.
BET THE FIRE WON'T REJECT ME.
Wanna bet?Wait...you already said "bet", so apparently you do (want to bet). I'll amend my "wanna bet" to "I accept".
The Lincoln thread in the entertainment forum is: the best.
Someone just sneezed and it sounded like a fart. The professor got rattled. It was funny.
One of my most embarrassing moments for me asking a girl out was in college....
Congratulations on having a life that has been completely devoid of embarrassment.Compared to mine.

Oh goddamnit, I might have to get a dog.Pick%20001%20b.jpgI reaaaally don't want one, but she's kind of perfect. Or at least she looks perfect and I hear she's sweet, I have to go meet her. But I shouldn't get her. I can't. It'd be a dumb move. But I want her. She was dumped on the steps of our hospital with a case of mange...they think she's around 6 months old.

Hey Speedz:I have a neighbor that just had a litter of 10 Staffordshire Terriers (I know), and I was thinking about getting one for my oldest son for Christmas. I hate dogs, but my kids would love one. I like that they have short hair, so my house won't get messy. We have a cat, and lots of kids. Do you think I should get a male or female or none at all? They will be weened in the third week of December.

Congratulations on having a life that has been completely devoid of embarrassment.Compared to mine.
You've probably also had more fun. I pretty much have not been with any girl that either didn't ask me our, or was put on a platter for me by a friend.
Oh goddamnit, I might have to get a dog.Pick%20001%20b.jpgI reaaaally don't want one, but she's kind of perfect. Or at least she looks perfect and I hear she's sweet, I have to go meet her. But I shouldn't get her. I can't. It'd be a dumb move. But I want her. She was dumped on the steps of our hospital with a case of mange...they think she's around 6 months old.
I really want to go and get a dog for Christmas for the family, but my wife is holding back. A year ago she really wanted one. I think I need to finish a few projects around the house first.Looking at a few SPCA sites and it is amazing how many dogs are Pitt/Terrier mixes. Unless I want some little toy dog, I almost have to get one of those. Or go buy a pure bred of something.
Hey Speedz:I have a neighbor that just had a litter of 10 Staffordshire Terriers (I know), and I was thinking about getting one for my oldest son for Christmas. I hate dogs, but my kids would love one. I like that they have short hair, so my house won't get messy. We have a cat, and lots of kids. Do you think I should get a male or female or none at all? They will be weened in the third week of December.
First of all, call your home insurance carrier and make sure that owning a Staffie wouldn't be a problem. If you get it as a puppy, you'll be able to train it well, socialize it with the cat and other dogs (puppy classes are a must), and it should be a great dog...which sex you get isn't as important as meeting the litter and picking the personality you like best.
Looking at a few SPCA sites and it is amazing how many dogs are Pitt/Terrier mixes. Unless I want some little toy dog, I almost have to get one of those. Or go buy a pure bred of something.
Erroneous! There should be breed-specific rescue groups in your area. There should also be plenty of dog rescues (not necessarily SPCA) that have a ton of options in terms of breeds and mutts.
Length of hair has nothing to do with shedding.
True. This breed does only have a single coat, which keeps it from being a huge shedder, but it'll still leave fur around the house.Again, check your insurance. And know that to be a responsible owner for this breed you have to make a concerted effort to socialize it with other dogs as much as possible. Staffies are badasses, even the nice ones will kick into gear and seriously injure or kill another dog if you aren't careful. I'm not saying that you shouldn't get it for sure, just that if you do you have to be very aware of the dog's personality and keep tight control. They're typically super-gentle with kids, for what it's worth.
One of my most embarrassing moments for me asking a girl out was in college. I was sitting at a table in the cafeteria (one of those 6 foot folding round tables) and suddenly I found myself alone with an extremely attractive girl. We struck up a very good conversation, she moved closer to me. I think I even missed a class to continue talking to her. After about 30 minutes (the whole time sitting there thinking how do I ask this girl out) I think I asked her very nonchalantly "would you like to go out sometime?" Her face turned instantly to this disgusted face and said "I have a boyfriend" to which I replied. "Ummm, uh blah, ya, um I know. OK. Bye." I immediately got up and left. I half turned around to see her watching me awkwardly scurry off with a complete look of amazement and disbelief as to what happened. I don't think I even asked a random girl out again after that.
When I was in grad school there was this guy in the clinical psych program studying behavioral therapy. One of the main tenets of this approach is exposure: you repeatedly expose the patient to whatever they are afraid of until their body and mind habituate to all the negative feelings and they no longer avoid the thing they were afraid of. Well, this guy decided that he was so afraid of asking girls out that he was just going to give himself major exposure. Kind of a dorky, tall gangly guy. He started just walking around campus, striking up conversations with random girls, and then asking them out. He got rejected over and over again day in and day out, but several of them actually said yes. Granted it was a low percentage, but he got some dates and was totally fearless after this experience.

So I have a childhood friend, Cecil, that was always really hilarious. He should have been a standup comedian and would always be entertaining everyone with stories or acting goofy. He had a loud voice, funny infectious laugh and was a natural at it. Unfortunately he never quite got the "going to school" concept and became wilder as he got older which led to a couple prison stints for drug trafficking and other various things. This pretty much stopped everyone from hanging out with him. I had not talked to him in about 25 years and often wondered what happened to him until recently when I ran into his brother that gave me his phone number. For the last month when I get off work on Saturdays I talk to him for an hour on my way home. We both started laughing from the minute I called him and it's been non-stop since. He is living in Indiana and has a restaurant, married with 2 kids and quit drinking so I was relieved at that. We have alot of stories and he always called me "Reedy" so it's funny to hear that after all these years. Anyway on my ride home Sagturday he told me this joke though I'm sure the audio would have been better, Three old guys were fishing in a boat when a huge waterspout goes off and out of the water pops Jesus. He looks at the three old men and notices the first wincing in pain and asks, "What is the source of your pain my son?"The old guy says, "I have severe arthritis and all my joints hurt something fierce." Jesus reaches out and touches him and immediately all his pain is relieved and the old man rejoices.Jesus looks at the second old man asks, "What is the source of your pain my son?"The second old guy says, "My back is in terrible shape and it hurts to sit up straight or even move around." Jesus reaches out and touches him and immediately all his pain is relieved and the old man rejoices.Jesus, looks at the third guy who is now cowering in the corner of the boat who then screams out, "Don't touch me! I just got my disability!"

Erroneous! There should be breed-specific rescue groups in your area. There should also be plenty of dog rescues (not necessarily SPCA) that have a ton of options in terms of breeds and mutts.
I'm a little bit afraid of Resue's (not sure if I should be) because from what I have seen they get abused animals. I don't want a dog who could is skittish and would potential bite the kids.Another thing holding us off is my daughter. She has been increasingly violent lately. I think she needs to calm down before we can bring a puppy into the house. Her hauling off and whacking the dog in the face is probably not a good thing.
When I was in grad school there was this guy in the clinical psych program studying behavioral therapy. One of the main tenets of this approach is exposure: you repeatedly expose the patient to whatever they are afraid of until their body and mind habituate to all the negative feelings and they no longer avoid the thing they were afraid of. Well, this guy decided that he was so afraid of asking girls out that he was just going to give himself major exposure. Kind of a dorky, tall gangly guy. He started just walking around campus, striking up conversations with random girls, and then asking them out. He got rejected over and over again day in and day out, but several of them actually said yes. Granted it was a low percentage, but he got some dates and was totally fearless after this experience.
That's pretty awesome, and something I should have done about 10 years ago. Damn college girlfriend.
I'm a little bit afraid of Resue's (not sure if I should be) because from what I have seen they get abused animals. I don't want a dog who could is skittish and would potential bite the kids.
Post or PM your area (I think Cali, but I forget specifics), I'll take a look. Some are better than others.
Another thing holding us off is my daughter. She has been increasingly violent lately. I think she needs to calm down before we can bring a puppy into the house. Her hauling off and whacking the dog in the face is probably not a good thing.
Yeah, that's an issue.