I Called In Sick Today

I always see people talking to each other. Lots of smokers here. Just smoking and chatting. I see them, and I wonder, what are they talking about? They seem to very focused on their conversation. Lots of dialogue. But about what? I don't have anything to talk about in those situations. I don't like making "small talk" or whatever you want to call it. I mean, just what exactly are these people talking about? They can't be solving any big problems or tackling any big issues. I doubt they're out there discussing world politics or stem cell research. So are they bullshitting? Just taking turns talking about themselves and not really listening to the other person. I don't get it. Too much damn talking for my taste. Smoking is a nasty habit though. I don't get that one either. Talking and smoking. I don't get it, man.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

It's just that... I've always valued loyalty very highly, and I think real, honest loyalty is not just passive -- the promise never to betray -- but active -- the promise to do everything in your power to support. It's not that hard not to hurt people, but I've never thought that's enough. I mean, in order to not hurt someone, all you have to do is never interact with them.
This doesn't sound right to me.

I've put my two weeks in at the supermarket. I'll be heading over to town hall to start doing tax-collector assistant things. More money, less hours, and a 30 second shorter commute. That six-minute drive each way was really taking a toll on me. It's been a long, long decade.

I always see people talking to each other. Lots of smokers here. Just smoking and chatting. I see them, and I wonder, what are they talking about? They seem to very focused on their conversation. Lots of dialogue. But about what?
Probably world politics or stem cell re-
I doubt they're out there discussing world politics or stem cell research.
Hmm. Let me think about this and eavesdrop a little more and I'll get back to you.

TB, not sure you give a damn either way but just wanted to say:If you took any offense to what I said earlier about Jenny's response, I sincerely apologize. After reading your last post it's obviousI misunderstood your....motivations for lack of a better word.True loyalty like you described is very, very rare and something I highly respect in a person and I'm sorry I misinterpreted you in the past.So...yeah. Have a good weekend!

I can just hear the sounds of impact wrenches all over Virginia as the young women throw the tires on their homes in preparation to evacuate...
I... really enjoyed this. I think it was the impact wrenches part the most.
You don't know that he is showing it to his friends. Now that you are banging Shake (who for some reason befriended Strat's bro who has seen the video), he wants to go over and have Kers shake him down. Should Shake just tell you that he knows you created a video AND that multiple people have seen it? If you are telling the guy not to get involved, should that non-involvement include not saying anything about the video existing and being viewed by half the sick thread?I think my real life/theoretical sick thread example lines crossed, but hopefully my point came across. I can't blame PMS...
haha, cause he's black
This is how you find your answer:10gzl0p.jpg
this is wonderful.
cool story bro
and this is why you're my favorite pinko commie in the whole wides worlds.
I've put my two weeks in at the supermarket. I'll be heading over to town hall to start doing tax-collector assistant things. More money, less hours, and a 30 second shorter commute. That six-minute drive each way was really taking a toll on me. It's been a long, long decade.
congrats. good feeling isn't it? Today was probably the worst day I've had so far at my new job, and it was still a hundred times more enjoyable than the absolute best day of my old job. the sick thread's gettin' happy bitches.oh, except for strat. sorry brah.

I'm actually doin okay. I guess. got a call this morning [1PM] that I didn't get the loan processor/receptionist job I interviewed for on tuesday. they declined to put me in their call center to boot. I guess I'm just an unlikable person. this crossed over into 'sad' like six months ago.

queueing up in this league of legends tournament hosted by newegg. 3 of us are not on the actual 5-man roster and badly outrank everyone else on the other team. pretty sure this is against the rules.

queueing up in this league of legends tournament hosted by newegg. 3 of us are not on the actual 5-man roster and badly outrank everyone else on the other team. pretty sure this is against the rules.
that's some intense shit right there.guess it's just you and me tonight ole' buddy.
Just watched the rest of the video...yeah, he's definitely bluffing, and not even doing that good of a job. Besides wondering about their "forensic investigation", just common sense dictates asking why would everyone have to retake the test if they were about to be "100%" sure of who cheated? Of course, I'm guessing his class is full of jackasses that totally believe him (just looked into it, and yeah, about 200 admitted cheating). His righteous indignation (11:00 or so) is pretty hilarious. He teaches business at the University of Central Florida, for god's sake, of course those kids are going to cheat whenever and however possible. Shit, the guy's too lazy to write his own exam questions, I don't feel too bad for him.Edit: Ok, I guess retaking the test would still make sense because even if his fake forensic investigation was 100% accurate you couldn't say who might have looked at some of the 700 questions and just not seriously studied them.
My Poli Sci professor mentioned this situation in class on Wednesday. He said it was 99% the lazy professors fault for not writing his own test questions. He only laid blame on the one student that hacked the system, not all the people that received his email.Also: Loogie, did you attend? http://www.wgdfc.org/?ref=nf
Congrats.
the sick thread's gettin' happy bitches.
Tell me about it...I just finally asked out the girl I've been making myself fucking nuts over for the past month and got a yes. Of course, tomorrow night I'm busy, we have exams Monday and Tuesday morning, and then it's Thanksgiving break, so now I just have to figure out a night for us to actually, you know, go out. I'd like to not have to wait a week and a half.
I'm actually doin okay. I guess. got a call this morning [1PM] that I didn't get the loan processor/receptionist job I interviewed for on tuesday. they declined to put me in their call center to boot. I guess I'm just an unlikable person.
I honestly wish there was something I could do to help you get a goddamn job already.