I Called In Sick Today

It's at least mildly funny that this guy who apparently knows something about statistics made a dramatic "look to your right, look to your left" speech that's completely inaccurate (6:00).
LOL yeah I saw that coming as soon as he said 33%.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I was just reading the last couple pages in here, which then prompted me to go back and find TB's original post about the Jenny/Hal/Colby situation. I guess I'm a bit confused. She willingly made a sex tape, which I can only assume was meant for hers and Colby's viewing pleasure only. Now he is showing it to others. Why have you not confided in Jenny with this knowledge and let her decide how she wants this handled? And I think the part that confuses me the most is why do you need to employ a hired gun to do the dirty work? If this upsets you, be a man and step up to him. It's very possible that I missed the answers to these questions as I didn't read all the responses and perhaps I'm way off base here but my opinion is this: If Jenny were to ever find out that this tape was being viewed by others and she found out YOU knew about it and didn't say anything, I think that might piss her off more than the tape itself. Also, if she finds out about it AND finds out about you having someone else protect her honor, that says two things. 1. You weren't man enough to defend her honor yourself, and 2, you've taken the liberty of telling other people (your muscle) that there is a sex tape in existence that they would otherwise have had no knowledge of. Does that make sense? I dunno. Like I said, there may be reasons for you doing things the way you are and I just didn't read them.
Yeah, maybe he should talk to Jenny about it, but your "be a man" comments are fucking ridiculous. He's trying to do this in a way that won't involve shit like physical violence, which would be a near certainty if he showed up on the guy's doorstep by himself. You sound like...man, I don't even know. Someone help me out here.
I really don't think it's limited to the "upper" or "lower" class of schools. it's just the nature of that age group. I guess I have always had a stick up my ass about it because of the whole gambler mentality, the worth of a person's "word," etc.
That method of cheating on that scale reeks of a student body that, well, isn't top notch.
Yeah, maybe he should talk to Jenny about it, but your "be a man" comments are fucking ridiculous. He's trying to do this in a way that won't involve shit like physical violence, which would be a near certainty if he showed up on the guy's doorstep by himself. You sound like...man, I don't even know. Someone help me out here.
Oh whatever, Speedz. I wasn't implying that he isn't man enough to take care of the situation himself. I just didn't understand WHY he was going about it the way he is, which I made perfectly clear in my post. He obviously has his reasons which I haven't taken the time to read. But let me get this straight... he doesn't want physical violence, but he is willing to break into a residence, steal property and vandalize. He is also willing to promote physical violence by way of sending his muscle to do his dirty work. Just so we're clear.
"that's... that's why there's wars and stuff. women like you who choose stupid strong people over the weak and gentle."
That method of cheating on that scale reeks of a student body that, well, isn't top notch.
yeah, we've been down this road before. I think everyone is retarded and you think admissions can separate the wheat from the chaff.
You know, I have more stuff to say, but I'm not totally comfortable doing more than making cursory observations and throwing out small bits of advice and jokes, like I do for any other topic here. At a certain point it becomes non of our business.
Well of course at some point it becomes none of our business, but I don't think I commented on anything that wasn't already made our business.I could be mistaken, but I am pretty sure Wang posts these tid bits (as most of us do to a certain extent) to spark a conversation and also to add amusement.
He didn't think anything about why I wasn't smiling, because he doesn't know me. It's just an inconsiderate, inappropriate expression which condescending morons say to strangers on the street. I just googled it and apparantly I'm not the only one who hates when people say it to them. There are several facebook groups about it.
nobody ever says that. pretty sure you're making up phrases.
Ok, Beans, Sal, Hank...gonna build an AR-15 as my Xmas gift.
well don't read your post! you'll ruin the surprise!
wangs admission of multiple future felonies
yeah I'm sure this will go swimmingly. hey, maybe he's even a gun owner!
Instead of going the smash and grab route, have you ever considered employing technology?
this is the best option. well, other than suited's "do nothing, forget about it" approach, which is my preferred method.
college can review email files though. anything transferred electronically can be tracked. and they don't need to prove how much somebody cheated. in any honor system I've heard of, all you need to do is try to cheat and you're done. I think you're underestimating the power that the school yields here.
You sound like...man, I don't even know.
a woman. she sounds like a "woman."
how YOU doin'?edit: 15 minutes :(
I still haven't clicked on strategy's youtube clip. I only bring this up because I feel he'll give me some leeway as a loyal reader of The Daily Sloth. I might also bring up that it's not really daily, but I don't want to push it too much. Anyway, I'm reading stuff about statistics and cheating and, you know, school and I can't bring myself to do it. Maybe I'll go look for the Green Lantern preview even though nobody said anything about my radioactive lantern joke that I blatantly stole word from word from elsewhere on the internet because: it was funny.Geez, like, fucking 11 minutes now.
I still haven't clicked on strategy's youtube clip. I only bring this up because I feel he'll give me some leeway as a loyal reader of The Daily Sloth. I might also bring up that it's not really daily, but I don't want to push it too much. Anyway, I'm reading stuff about statistics and cheating and, you know, school and I can't bring myself to do it. Maybe I'll go look for the Green Lantern preview even though nobody said anything about my radioactive lantern joke that I blatantly stole word from word from elsewhere on the internet because: it was funny.Geez, like, fucking 11 minutes now.
yeah, I knew I would never post once per day on the daily sloth when I named it as such. I have been pretty disciplined about not posting stupid internet stuff there... maybe I might change that. readership isn't so high.
Oh whatever, Speedz. I wasn't implying that he isn't man enough to take care of the situation himself. I just didn't understand WHY he was going about it the way he is, which I made perfectly clear in my post. He obviously has his reasons which I haven't taken the time to read. But let me get this straight... he doesn't want physical violence, but he is willing to break into a residence, steal property and vandalize. He is also willing to promote physical violence by way of sending his muscle to do his dirty work. Just so we're clear.
Oh, you weren't implying he isn't man enough to do it himself, you were implying that he is man enough, he's just choosing to be a pussy instead of asserting his manhood. That's way better.Trespassing, theft, vandalism, etc., are not forms of physical violence, no. I'm glad we got that straight. And the sending of muscle isn't promoting physical violence either, because clearly the point of the muscle is that the guy will be scared shitless and it would never go that far. So you tell me, are we clear?
yeah, we've been down this road before. I think everyone is retarded and you think admissions can separate the wheat from the chaff.
Well, in general, yes, though of course there are plenty of exceptions on both sides of the court. Field. Rink. Let's go with rink, you like hockey. Both sides of the rink.Rink is an odd word.
Well of course at some point it becomes none of our business, but I don't think I commented on anything that wasn't already made our business.
I didn't mean to imply that you had, I was just saying that we were approaching the line.
college can review email files though. anything transferred electronically can be tracked. and they don't need to prove how much somebody cheated. in any honor system I've heard of, all you need to do is try to cheat and you're done. I think you're underestimating the power that the school yields here.
mmm, I feel like you wanted a different word here
mmm, I feel like you wanted a different word here
maybe they're doing it slowly huh
Peace, through superior firepower.-The Tao of Point Break
BOOYA
that quote I posted is from louie, louis ck's show. seriously, everyone who saw it and had no idea what I was talking about... watch season 1 sometime.
I knew what it was from.

all this talk has reminded me that I'm only partly done watching The Trap by Adam Curtis.

As the 1960s became the 1970s, the theories of Laing and the models of Nash began to converge, producing a widespread popular belief that the state (a surrogate family) was purely and simply a mechanism of social control which calculatedly kept power out of the hands of the public. Curtis shows that it was this belief that allowed the theories of Hayek to look credible, and underpinned the free-market beliefs of Margaret Thatcher, who sincerely believed that by dismantling as much of the British state as possible—and placing former national institutions into the hands of public shareholders—a form of social equilibrium would be reached. This was a return to Nash's work, in which he proved mathematically that if everyone was pursuing their own interests, a stable, yet perpetually dynamic, society could result.The episode ends with the suggestion that this mathematically modelled society is run on data—performance targets, quotas, statistics—and that it is these figures combined with the exaggerated belief in human selfishness that has created "a cage" for Western humans. The precise nature of the "cage" is to be discussed in the next episode.
he don't like game theory.
I knew what it was from.
well, I'm glad. the world needs more citizens of shakezuma-caliber.
(who's going to tell Lolli that in the time she's taken to write her post the moment has passed?)
she's really plugging along with it, isn't she?

That's not Seth Rogen.EDIT: Or was it a cameo and I can't remember? I'm questioning everything since I recently discovered that I'd be misspelling "yea".

she's really plugging along with it, isn't she?
Before I post I usually hit "preview post," so I can see if there have been new posts since I started typing. I don't always do it, just usually.Like, right now for instance, I see loogie mentioning Seth Rogen. This has nothing to do with what I'm posting now, but it's just an example.