I Called In Sick Today

Was that last joke stolen by or from Modern Family?
I was wondering that as well.
I just read it and was going to comment about this as well. It indeed is from Modern Family. Gloria said it.Edit:Episode 6: "Halloween" Gloria: That doesn't make any sense! Who wants to live in a world where dogs eat each other? Doggy-dog world is a beautiful world filled with little poh-pees.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Avatar thread. You should read it because speedz laid down the ferociest attack ever (props to Q for the word).
I may be too proud of receiving this compliment.
Pure Drivel?
Yup, thanks...one is "Writing is Easy!" and I just have to figure out which other one I really enjoyed. Possibly "A Public Apology" or "The Hundred Greatest Books That I've Read", both sound familiar.
I just read it and was going to comment about this as well. It indeed is from Modern Family. Gloria said it.Edit:Episode 6: "Halloween" Gloria: That doesn't make any sense! Who wants to live in a world where dogs eat each other? Doggy-dog world is a beautiful world filled with little poh-pees.
We are aware the joke was said in Modern Family, Steve. What we are wondering is if Modern Family possibly ripped of this comic strip or if the strip was made after the show aired and ripped off Modern Family (or if it is an old joke and not stolen by either).
Yup, thanks...one is "Writing is Easy!" and I just have to figure out which other one I really enjoyed. Possibly "A Public Apology" or "The Hundred Greatest Books That I've Read", both sound familiar.
Writing is Easy and A Public Apology are the ones Wang mentioned, if that means anything.Also, guys, what the fuck? Of course it's an old joke; that's the point of the whole comic.
He meant Dana, not Al.
I meant dana too DUMBASS. you questioning my step by step knowledge? I will hurt you boy.
I still randomly have a dream that I didn't finish a big project or failed one of my electives and didn't actually graduate college. They are awful dreams.
I've had more than a few dreams where it's the end of the semester and I completely forgot to go to an entire class. that's a weird feeling.
I read this a while ago and it really pissed me off. STOP RUINING MY LIFE CRACKED.looking forward to seeing mercury made fun of.
Hey Wang, what are the names of those essays by Steve Martin that you posted, I loved, and then forgot to put in my favorites folder?
Pure Drivel.
I may be too proud of receiving this compliment. Yup, thanks...one is "Writing is Easy!" and I just have to figure out which other one I really enjoyed. Possibly "A Public Apology" or "The Hundred Greatest Books That I've Read", both sound familiar.
You're thinking of A Public Apology.
"a public apology" might be my favorite piece of literary work ever. Pure drivel is completely awesome.
Hey I'm totally redundant!In other news, I told J I might need him for some work. "Not collections, though. Personal. None of my usual rules will apply. You'll get paid your usual fee up front, right now if you agree. You'll get twice that if I have to use you for anything. If I don't need you, you keep it, no obligations." He was curious why I was offering him triple his usual fee, and waiving some of my stipulations. Finally, I gave him some info, and eventually he wrangled the whole story from me.After I told him everything, he agreed, but insisted it be for free. He was so fired up, so mad for me and Jenny, so fiercely and insistently loyal, that I actually started crying a bit. I cry, like, once every 3 years, and I was red-eyed and teary when he told me that he would "bring an army if" I needed one. I don't think that will be necessary, but I believe I will enjoy teaching this lesson very much
After I told him everything, he agreed, but insisted it be for free. He was so fired up, so mad for me and Jenny, so fiercely and insistently loyal, that I actually started crying a bit. I cry, like, once every 3 years, and I was red-eyed and teary when he told me that he would "bring an army if" I needed one. I don't think that will be necessary, but I believe I will enjoy teaching this lesson very much
That's pretty great. Is there a plan yet? I guess if there is you should PM it, just in case. You never know who's watching.Ok, nobody's watching.
In other news, I told J I might need him for some work. "Not collections, though. Personal. None of my usual rules will apply. You'll get paid your usual fee up front, right now if you agree. You'll get twice that if I have to use you for anything. If I don't need you, you keep it, no obligations." He was curious why I was offering him triple his usual fee, and waiving some of my stipulations. Finally, I gave him some info, and eventually he wrangled the whole story from me.After I told him everything, he agreed, but insisted it be for free. He was so fired up, so mad for me and Jenny, so fiercely and insistently loyal, that I actually started crying a bit. I cry, like, once every 3 years, and I was red-eyed and teary when he told me that he would "bring an army if" I needed one. I don't think that will be necessary, but I believe I will enjoy teaching this lesson very much
God Bless J-Bone, and Nuk-Nuk, and his army. I think the world would be a better place if there were more people like them and more people knew there were consequences from J-Bone (and Nuk-Nuk (and their army)).
and now come the deer meat farts. mustard gas ain't got shit on deer meat farts.
All I need is a glass of water to fart like a jack mule....
Congrats to little Beans on the buck!!What, exactly, is canadian seasoning? Just curious as I've never heard of it. Next time, cook until medium at most. Medium rare would be better. You wouldn't turn a filet minon into charcoal like that would you? I think not. Venison is much leaner than beef. I imagine you eating something more like venison jerky after cooking to medium well.Also a shame to waste so many good steaks, chops and roast by making everything else into hamburger. To each their own.Don't forget to mix the venison burger with beef or pork burger to add some fat or it will dry out in a hurry.
Thank you, sir.... hes mighty proudIts a seasoning I purchased at the local Sams Club...not sure what it contains but it seems to work well on anything I sprinkle it onI actually grilled it pretty medium compared to most things....although it didnt have any "pink" to it. Hard to describe... venison has very little fat content so it tends to stick to the grill....I just flipped it a few times and shoveled it out. Who really knows....I was drunk for Gods sake
you soaked the deer in Molson Golden?
I dont rememberIn other news, I still have five pages to katchup. Ive been extremely busy, ya knowFor the last few days Ive been working until six or so and then killing the rest of the evening by burning stuff. Brush, leaves, plastic containers, used oil, etc. I find it extremely relaxing. Right now I have a large fire burning unattended about five hundred yards from my perch inside the office here. I may or may not be able to check on it before passing out in the chair. I dont really care one way or anotherGood catch on the Hollister stuff, guap.... I still have two shirts that I feel like a male stripper in sitting in the chest of drawers. I may take a pic or two shortlyWhat else...OhWhoever gets me as secret santa will receive at least one of them...Im in, by the way... just havent has the time to get Tonys addy yet.... Maybe guap pr jubi will have it saved somewhere if Im tardyEverything is turning grey now...see you guys later
for anyone that browses reddit without adblock enabledhttp://www.reddit.com/r/announcements/comm...ported_finding/I found a trojan on my system when I scanned with MSE but the symptoms weren't as described, so I don't know. been scanning with various apps since. of course it made its way in via a java exploit. fucking java. need to just uninstall that nonsense regardless.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/722/effectively turns off java until you manually decide to view something or grant a site permission. pretty great.after using this for a while i've learned that google is tracking everything everyone is doing on the interwebs at all times. nice to not be a part of that.edit: why would you have adblock disabled?

So there's now another solid picture of that friend who LG did a great job photoshopping last week. In the spirit of teaching a man to fish, can anyone either give me a basic primer on doing that kind of photoshop, or a link to a good resource that would teach me? To give you an idea of where I'm at, I don't even know how to try and outline someone so I can paste just them into whatever file LG was using to put on top of other pictures.Yes, I could search google for that kind of thing, but I feel like you guys might already know the best place to go to out of the billions of options.

Do you have Adobe Photoshop on your computer?Earlier I was walking round the corner to get some wine from the offy. As I approached I saw that the first offy was closed, and as I was ruminating on that some bloke outside our local greasy spoon remarked to me "Cheer up, it may never happen". I smiled and continued on my way, but was not pleased with his interjection. It's none of his business whether I am cheerful or not. How does he know why I am not smiling? Perhaps my mother just died. Perhaps I have had a stroke and am physically incapable of smiling. Personally I just don't want to walk down the street grinning like an idiot all the time. No one does. That would be weird. People walk down the street with neutral faces, that way they can blend in and avoid drawing attention to themselves. If my neutral face looks grumpy or downbeat to that old rummy then he will just have to deal with it. Meanwhile he can talk to the hand. Know why? Because the face: isn't listening. And neither are the ears.

Do you have Adobe Photoshop on your computer?
Oh, no, and now I feel like that may be a necessary component for photoshopping something.
Earlier I was walking round the corner to get some wine from the offy. As I approached I saw that the first offy was closed, and as I was ruminating on that some bloke outside our local greasy spoon remarked to me "Cheer up, it may never happen".
What do you think he thought you were upset about happening?That was a poorly phrased question, but hopefully you get the idea.
Oh, no, and now I feel like that may be a necessary component for photoshopping something.What do you think he thought you were upset about happening?That was a poorly phrased question, but hopefully you get the idea.
He didn't think anything about why I wasn't smiling, because he doesn't know me. It's just an inconsiderate, inappropriate expression which condescending morons say to strangers on the street. I just googled it and apparantly I'm not the only one who hates when people say it to them. There are several facebook groups about it. And yes, Photoshop is important equipment for photoshopping. I can't explain how to do it on any other program, personally.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/722/effectively turns off java until you manually decide to view something or grant a site permission. pretty great.after using this for a while i've learned that google is tracking everything everyone is doing on the interwebs at all times. nice to not be a part of that.edit: why would you have adblock disabled?
I had installed noscript before but it basically breaks every website with its default settings. google analytics is awesome on the admin side so I understand why everyone uses it. I don't think it's quite as creepy as chrome (google's browser) which cuts out the middle man and shares all browsing history with them. I do use refcontrol because: fuck that. it still breaks some websites.I unblocked reddit because they know their user base (people who use adblock) and thus go out of their way to do advertising correctly: unobtrusive, targeted, etc. they actually occasionally run pictures of cute animals with the caption "thanks for not using ad block." this is definitely a case of some third-party shitbag on some ad network slipping in malicious code. lesson: learned.