Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I'm still a huge Maggie fan, unlike most of these assholes, but... Jenny seems pretty great.

I didn't mean why would you move to Orlando for a new job; I meant I didn't know you were moving to Orlando or that you had a new job.
I didn't know he had an old job, and have no idea where he came from. To tell you the truth (stugotz!), I don't even know who he is.
I didn't know he had an old job, and have no idea where he came from. To tell you the truth (stugotz!), I don't even know who he is.
It's the chubby guy with bad knees and back who used to give us all excellent sex advice. He is also leaving us hanging alot on wtf is going on with his new g/f and job and moving. It's depressing because I'm sure there's lot's of gold material we're missing.

Would it surprise anyone else to know that Don Larsen, a la World Series perfect game in 1956, is still alive? No one... yeah, me either.Would it surprise anyone else to know that Don Larsen is only 71? I am shocked, even though I probably shouldn't be.

Caney, is Henne just another Jay Fiedler? Guy that won't win you too many games but can lose you games? Mediocre at best? Do we eventually try Thigpen? If we go Pennington, I won't watch another game this season, that much I promise. At least Thigpen is a gunslinger that can make plays with his feet if necessary. I don't know, I have never been a Henne guy. His is just so average. I think you need a playmaker at that position. Ok, I've now bored everyone to shit.
People are WAY overreacting. Guy just lit up the Jets like a menorah and then made a couple bad throws in a game that the Special teams lost. I like Henne, I feel very comfortable with him. He is the only QB the Dolphins have had since Marino that could have put up 366 yards passing in primetime against a good team like the Jets. He's young, there will be more games where he lays an egg.If they play Pennington or Thigpen this season outside of blowouts/injuries, I give up. Henne did not give up 31 easy points to the Jets; Henne is not the one blocking on special teams plays. If you look at his overall numbers for this year, they are pretty good. If you take out the Patriots game, his numbers are excellent.The real bottom line? Miami is not quite as good as New England and definitely not as good as the Jets. That's all. Considering they were 1-15 with a roster full of dung three years ago, I don't think the rebuilding effort is going that poorly. Brandon Marshall, Dansby, Vontae, Wake, Starks, Long.....all young guys, all playmakers. Henne should get at least another year or two before we give up on him imo.Hope things are good with you and that WPB is treating you well. It's chilly here today which is nice.
It would probably surprise Don Larsen.You know, since he's 81 and all.
That makes more sense. I was just going by ESPN, the worldwide leader in editing...http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs/201...tory?id=5658639"Larsen, who turned 71 in August...."
That makes more sense. I was just going by ESPN, the worldwide leader in editing...http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs/201...tory?id=5658639"Larsen, who turned 71 in August...."
That's pretty funny. You'd think somebody would've said, "Wait a minute, he was only 17 when he pitched a perfect game in the World Series? Why hasn't anyone mentioned this before?"Edit: About a third of the comments are about this. Ha.
I'm still a huge Maggie fan, unlike most of these assholes, but... Jenny seems pretty great.
You know I'll never be comfortable until I get your blessing, right? I like Jenny a lot, way more than I've liked any girl since Maggie, and I'm doing my best to keep most of our stuff out of this thread. Jenny has her issues, like every woman, but they are issues I'm unused to dealing with, since I usually date women who are or have been marginalized in some way. Jenny, so far as I can tell, is pretty much the All-American girl (despite her ethnically Italian last name), which is a first for me. Even the Homecoming Queen was awkward, insecure, and full of self-doubt from the moment I met her. Jenny? Not so much. I've been with some attractive women (though I'm sure all of you could poke some mean-spirited holes in that suggestion), but Jenny is the first member of the human subset of Beautiful People that I've dated. (Note: Kayla was a member of the subset, but our relationship was... non-standard.) It's a different experience, because even though I clean up pretty well, I am not one of those people, and a part of me wonders if it's smart for us to co-mingle. Yet, somehow, SHE is feeling insecure about MY ex-girlfriend. Jenny, who I find absolutely stunning, is worried about Maggie. Maggie is pretty and fun. But why, I wonder, does Jenny feel threatened? If Jenny and I walk into a bar, most people will ask themselves: "What is she doing with him?" It might not be, like, an utter shock to people, but the bartenders at work are always joking about it. It doesn't bother me, really, because I'm acutely aware that things like "personality" matter more than superficial concerns, but I would think it would give Jenny a kind of "Hey, this guy is lucky to have me" attitude. Instead, she simply focuses on what she perceives as her deficits -- intelligence, sense of humor, uniqueness. I would tell her this:1) As for intelligence, I don't give a flying fuck. You don't look confused when I use 4-syllable words. You're not hostile to intelligence or intellectual pursuits, and when I go off on a tangent (most recently about: the persistent failure of baseball managers to properly utilize game-theory to make rational decisions), you listen. You're engaged, is what I'm saying, and that's what matters. Truly.2) Sense of humor. You make me want to make you laugh, and that's huge. You think I'm funny, which -- and, yes, this is incredibly egotistical, but there's not point lying about it -- is by far the most important thing. Maggie and Kayla are both wittier than you are, but that's not that important. Making jokes about Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole -- going from "pure ones" to "pier one" to "the owls were pissed because THEY DID NOT WANT THEIR HOMES REDECORATED" to "IKEA" -- is great. But it doesn't count for that much. 3) We are both incredibly typical. So what? Does it bother you that I'm straight-suburban white boy? No? Then stop it. Oh, that reminds me. A while back, she asked me if I'd ever dated anyone I'd worked with besides Jo. I said no. I felt guilty, so I swore her to secrecy (though this secret is starting to spread) and then told her about Kayla. I think that bothers her a bit, too, but to her credit she's been really good about that one, probably because they haven't spoken much, and Kayla has no desire to get to know my current lady-friend. How did I get here? Oh yeah: Jenny is way more insecure than I would have expected, though she does a really good job hiding it. I have to dig to find most of it, since it's hidden well below the surface. Honestly, I should be the insecure one, here. Oh yeah: I would like your approval, Braveheart.
Ok, I've now bored everyone to shit.
even though you take cenozoic-length breaks from the thread and post about ailments when you return you are still the mvp of my heart
You know I'll never be comfortable until I get your blessing, right? I like Jenny a lot, way more than I've liked any girl since Maggie, and I'm doing my best to keep most of our stuff out of this thread. Jenny has her issues, like every woman, but they are issues I'm unused to dealing with, since I usually date women who are or have been marginalized in some way. Jenny, so far as I can tell, is pretty much the All-American girl (despite her ethnically Italian last name), which is a first for me. Even the Homecoming Queen was awkward, insecure, and full of self-doubt from the moment I met her. Jenny? Not so much. I've been with some attractive women (though I'm sure all of you could poke some mean-spirited holes in that suggestion), but Jenny is the first member of the human subset of Beautiful People that I've dated. (Note: Kayla was a member of the subset, but our relationship was... non-standard.) It's a different experience, because even though I clean up pretty well, I am not one of those people, and a part of me wonders if it's smart for us to co-mingle. Yet, somehow, SHE is feeling insecure about MY ex-girlfriend. Jenny, who I find absolutely stunning, is worried about Maggie. Maggie is pretty and fun. But why, I wonder, does Jenny feel threatened? If Jenny and I walk into a bar, most people will ask themselves: "What is she doing with him?" It might not be, like, an utter shock to people, but the bartenders at work are always joking about it. It doesn't bother me, really, because I'm acutely aware that things like "personality" matter more than superficial concerns, but I would think it would give Jenny a kind of "Hey, this guy is lucky to have me" attitude. Instead, she simply focuses on what she perceives as her deficits -- intelligence, sense of humor, uniqueness. I would tell her this:1) As for intelligence, I don't give a flying fuck. You don't look confused when I use 4-syllable words. You're not hostile to intelligence or intellectual pursuits, and when I go off on a tangent (most recently about: the persistent failure of baseball managers to properly utilize game-theory to make rational decisions), you listen. You're engaged, is what I'm saying, and that's what matters. Truly.2) Sense of humor. You make me want to make you laugh, and that's huge. You think I'm funny, which -- and, yes, this is incredibly egotistical, but there's not point lying about it -- is by far the most important thing. Maggie and Kayla are both wittier than you are, but that's not that important. Making jokes about Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole -- going from "pure ones" to "pier one" to "the owls were pissed because THEY DID NOT WANT THEIR HOMES REDECORATED" to "IKEA" -- is great. But it doesn't count for that much. 3) We are both incredibly typical. So what? Does it bother you that I'm straight-suburban white boy? No? Then stop it. Oh, that reminds me. A while back, she asked me if I'd ever dated anyone I'd worked with besides Jo. I said no. I felt guilty, so I swore her to secrecy (though this secret is starting to spread) and then told her about Kayla. I think that bothers her a bit, too, but to her credit she's been really good about that one, probably because they haven't spoken much, and Kayla has no desire to get to know my current lady-friend. How did I get here? Oh yeah: Jenny is way more insecure than I would have expected, though she does a really good job hiding it. I have to dig to find most of it, since it's hidden well below the surface. Honestly, I should be the insecure one, here. Oh yeah: I would like your approval, Braveheart.
*seal* You used my wife's first and middle names in the same post. Weird.

I think she's insecure about Maggie because all women are insecure about ex-girlfriends. It's in their nature.edited to prevent a Wang meltdown

I don't think we need to know her real name.
Fuuuuuuck. It's hard to keep using the fake names. I actually called Kayla "Kayla," once, which was awkward.
*seal*Jennifer? You used my wife's first and middle names in the same post. Weird.
Double fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.
You moved to Orlando for a new job?
I looked and found a new job in the Orlando area. Lateral crap job, some industry, etc, but I was tired of driving back and forth once, twice a month and I didn't want to end my relationship with said area resident, plus I figure my old bank will be out of business by end of first quarter, soooo, yeah, decided to give it a whirl. I like the area from what I've seen before. All WPB friends had kids, etc, so not a lot of shits and giggles in that area. What the hell? If it doesn't work and sucks, I'll go back home and live with my parents. ha
Would it surprise anyone else to know that Don Larsen, a la World Series perfect game in 1956, is still alive? No one... yeah, me either.Would it surprise anyone else to know that Don Larsen is only 71? I am shocked, even though I probably shouldn't be.
based on all the old effs I've dealt with, no, it wouldn't shock me. People effing live forever these days.
People are WAY overreacting. Guy just lit up the Jets like a menorah and then made a couple bad throws in a game that the Special teams lost. I like Henne, I feel very comfortable with him. He is the only QB the Dolphins have had since Marino that could have put up 366 yards passing in primetime against a good team like the Jets. He's young, there will be more games where he lays an egg.If they play Pennington or Thigpen this season outside of blowouts/injuries, I give up. Henne did not give up 31 easy points to the Jets; Henne is not the one blocking on special teams plays. If you look at his overall numbers for this year, they are pretty good. If you take out the Patriots game, his numbers are excellent.The real bottom line? Miami is not quite as good as New England and definitely not as good as the Jets. That's all. Considering they were 1-15 with a roster full of dung three years ago, I don't think the rebuilding effort is going that poorly. Brandon Marshall, Dansby, Vontae, Wake, Starks, Long.....all young guys, all playmakers. Henne should get at least another year or two before we give up on him imo.Hope things are good with you and that WPB is treating you well. It's chilly here today which is nice.
In Orlando no you non reading bastard. But seriously, you make solid points, but I don't care about putting up big yardage numbers in the passing game, the rules are set up for that too happen. I just want to see W's and big 3rd down passes and plays getting made. I'll give him more time, I haven't given up. I just like Thigpen alot and I think they are the same guy, essentially, but Thigpen has better mobility.
even though you take cenozoic-length breaks from the thread and post about ailments when you return you are still the mvp of my heart
Thanks big boy. IF I still had your phone number in my cell, I'd pull it up, look at it longingly, then dream of that sweltering day last May when I roamed South Beach while you ate brunch and blew me off, yet still smile. Hell, meeting woulda been uncomfortable anyway, especailly when you're with...a girl.
I laughed.Sometimes I just don't know about these people.
Was it as hard for you to admit as it was for me? And, seriously, come on people. Yeah, it's my fault for slipping and using the name -- which, thankfully, is also not exactly her real name -- but I've been pretty paranoid about this. I'm going to be hypocritical and ask everyone to indulge me.

You'll always be in West Palm Beach, in here.Hope Orlando is ok. I agree that yardage is not the be all end all but seriously he has shown enough to earn the rest of this year at least.