I Called In Sick Today

Umm, why is LeBron James making his announcement today from my home town in Connecticut? That just seems... completely random.
He's there for Carmelo Anthony's wedding.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Umm, why is LeBron James making his announcement today from my home town in Connecticut? That just seems... completely random.
you're kind of a big deal.
Edit: The event, according to google maps, is taking place 800 feet from my house in CT. Strange.
Edit: The event, according to google maps, is taking place 800 feet from my house in CT. Strange.
It's not really that strange. Everything that happens has to happen some place. Most of the time that place will be near a residence of some kind. Someone in the world will be saying "Hey, this thing is taking place near my house", so it may as well be you. I guess maybe you're wishing you were there or something. I'd rather be in your NY apartment spying on Larry David (that was you, right?).
He's there because he's going to announce that he's a Knick! Right...?
I can't really pretend to be excited about this without looking like a terrible, front running new yorker. I consider myself an extremely lax lakers fan, so if I switched just because LBJ came to NY I might as well get a tattoo of the yankee logo painted on the italian flag and move to staten island.edit: on second thought, i already live on long island....
He's there because he's going to announce that he's a Knick! Right...?
Sorry, he's going to the Heat.
It's not really that strange. Everything that happens has to happen some place. Most of the time that place will be near a residence of some kind. Someone in the world will be saying "Hey, this thing is taking place near my house", so it may as well be you.
Secondofly*, yes it is strange. Connecticut is not an expected spot for this kind of announcement, and I'm guessing LLY's house isn't 800 feet from an extremely important sports facility. Unless he lives in Bristol.*I decided to remove my "first of all" comment, but still wanted to leave that in there.
*I decided to remove my "first of all" comment, but still wanted to leave that in there.
Hey, you want to talk Pixar movies again?You do? Great.Toy Story 3 belongs in the top tier of Pixar movies. I thought it was significantly better than the first two Toy Stories. It was...pitch perfect.
Secondofly*, yes it is strange. Connecticut is not an expected spot for this kind of announcement, and I'm guessing LLY's house isn't 800 feet from an extremely important sports facility. Unless he lives in Bristol.*I decided to remove my "first of all" comment, but still wanted to leave that in there.
Sorry buddy, but try as you might you're not getting an argument from me.
Sorry, he's going to the Heat.
Yeah, who bought a flex season ticket plan just in case the Heat scored big in free agency?This guy!
Yeah, who bought a flex season ticket plan just in case the Heat scored big in free agency?This guy!
I still think Florida could use another hockey team.

LeBron James is dead to me. I am going to spend the next 10 years rooting my ass off for Kevin Durant and the Thunder, as well as Dwight Howard and the Magic. This whole spectacle is just... it's perverse. It's fucking sick. Fuck LeBron, Wade, Bosh, all of them.

I thought it was significantly better than the first two Toy Stories. It was...pitch perfect.
That's impressive...I haven't seen them, but people seem to love the first two.
Sorry buddy, but try as you might you're not getting an argument from me.
I'm glad you've finally realized that someone informing you that you were incorrect about something isn't always an invitation to something overly dramatic. I'd give you a high five, but that doesn't seem appropriate. A solemn handshake it is.
I'm glad you've finally realized that someone informing you that you were incorrect about something isn't always an invitation to something overly dramatic.
you are decidedly incorrect on that one, my friend. this is turning out to be quiiiite the spectacle here.
LeBron James is dead to me. I am going to spend the next 10 years rooting my ass off for Kevin Durant and the Thunder, as well as Dwight Howard and the Magic. This whole spectacle is just... it's perverse. It's fucking sick. Fuck LeBron, Wade, Bosh, all of them.
You might enjoy this:
I love Durant and the Thunder...well, aside from the fact that the team was stolen from a solid fan base in another city...but I don't see the Magic getting anywhere. I don't see why you'd be upset with Wade or Bosh, since those guys were all class the whole way through this situation, and made their joint announcement in an extremely low-key fashion. Both are nice dudes and great players.LeBron, on the other hand, is looking pretty terrible. To be fair, most of it really isn't his fault...he didn't ask the media to cover the situation this way, and he's kept his mouth shut pretty well the whole time. Personally, I think he only mistake he's made, which is a HUGE one, is the "event" tonight. It's hard to describe how much of a douchebag I find him to be at the moment, but I'm sure plenty of other people feel the same exact way, so I don't really have to put it into words. But, then again, how can we expect the guy to remain even slightly normal based on the way he grew up and has been treated since he entered the league. He's treated like royalty, of course he's eventually going to act like it.

Anybody remember when Joey Jo Jo dedicated like 2 hours to lighting up Mercury69 for being a troll? I vaguely remember coming late to the party and thinking, "Hey, here's someone I like being mean to someone I don't really have much of an opinion on. I shall happily take a 3rd man into the fight penalty." I think, as a direct result, he has become less of a troll, though I barely noticed him before that, and don't really notice him now, so my opinion is ill-informed.

Bill Simmons just wrote a long article that could be summed up in these few lines. You know what?I don't care. It will just be like rooting for the Hurricanes in the 80s......Strat, take our hockey teams, please. It's sad that we have two.
LeBron, on the other hand, is looking pretty terrible. To be fair, most of it really isn't his fault...he didn't ask the media to cover the situation this way, and he's kept his mouth shut pretty well the whole time. Personally, I think he only mistake he's made, which is a HUGE one, is the "event" tonight.
I think we should probably wait to see the show before making judgments about it.I don't think the way he has handled free agency has been bad.
From what I understand, he's going to announce where he's going at the beginning of the show and then answer questions about why.Also, I'm pretty sure I said a long time ago that it would be awesome if he did a show where he had all these different team hats on a table and he just chose one and put it on. But I didn't consider how much of an attention-whore that would make him look like.