Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

It's the one with the ruthless billionaire who takes time off to rig an under-18 karate tournament so that Daniel gets automatic entry to the final so he can fight against the billionaire's hand-picked bad boy of karate. Oh, and the ruthless billionaire also causes a rift between Daniel and Miyagi and pretends to be Daniel's friend so he can train him, but really he's just making training exercises that cause Daniel pain. Oh, and the final fight involves the bad boy winning a point and then getting a point taken away by purposefully hitting him illegally, so he can just beat up on him some more. But eventually Daniel does his special Miyagi taught move to get one point and win the tournament!Spoiler alert.Also, Ralph Macchio was almost 30 when it was filmed.
Now I remember it - ugh. I'm trying to remember any movie series where the third movie was at least good instead of awful. Two that I can think of are:Bourne UltimatumHarry Potter: Prince of AzkabanAs for sports underdog movies that were good:Bad News BearsRockyHoosiers
Now I remember it - ugh. I'm trying to remember any movie series where the third movie was at least good instead of awful. Two that I can think of are:Bourne UltimatumHarry Potter: Prince of Azkaban
Return of the JediRocky IIILord of the Rings: Something About The King
As for sports underdog movies that were good:Bad News BearsRockyHoosiers
RudyDodgeballRocky II, III, IV (I guess at some point he's not an underdog anymore, but whatever)Major LeagueThe Greatest Game Ever Played (shut up, I liked it)The Legend of Bagger Vance (shut up, I liked it)Necessary Roughness (see above)
Return of the JediRocky IIILord of the Rings: Something About The KingRudyDodgeballRocky II, III, IV (I guess at some point he's not an underdog anymore, but whatever)Major LeagueThe Greatest Game Ever Played (shut up, I liked it)The Legend of Bagger Vance (shut up, I liked it)Necessary Roughness (see above)
You do not need to defend Necessary Roughness. That is a great movie. Scott Bakula!I think all my golf game needs is a magical black caddie.Hoosiers is the best sports movie ever.If Danny Noonan counts as an underdog, then Caddyshack should be on the list.

Prisoner of AzkabanLotR: Return of the KingI'm sure it was already clear that I'm a dork, so my correcting these titles should come as no surprise. I tried to restrain myself but was unsuccessful. Sorry.

We're pretty similar, you and I, although I may be lazier than you.
you seem to have a tiny bit of common sense. that's the difference-maker.
Can you...take more accounting classes? Online or something?Really, your best bet (all around) is to get that kind of specialized degree (or actuary...ing, etc.).Yeah, no, don't do that. These days a random MBA with no experience to back it up is worth barely more than what you're worth now.
I acknowledge the sensibility of this advice. Do I follow that plan with the knowledge that I'm bailing the second a job in trading becomes available? I don't know when such a job will become available but I feel like I wouldn't be able to make it through any two-year programs, probably wouldn't even get through studying for the CFA.today, $30k pretax in something tangentially relevant looks fucking amazing. I would work unpaid just to get started in the right direction, and I'd appreciate the shit out of it all the while. two years ago, I'd have haughtily laughed at the idea of me sitting here in June wishing I could be working for free somewhere.as it is, I'd be happy to find some nothing job in KC for a little more than minimum wage. easier said than done. this situation is beyond retarded.
valve (game company) sent this out to announce a cancellation. it's chock full of JJJ humor.http://twitpic.com/1t3oalI don't have an accounting degree, or the required number of accounting classes. I could study for a CFA maybe.gave some thought to an MBA, ruled it out after realizing I just can't do another two years of painfully boring business classes. can't get loan money to go back and get a degree in computer science. prittay, prittay fucked.
Really? Why?
Really? Why?
my understanding is that uncle sam is only willing to back loans for some number of hours, and that number would leave me without financing at some point before I could get the second degree.

Well this sucks. I just finished my final exam, I am officially free, and yet I feel crummy. I hardly slept at all last night because some asshole that lives in the near proximity of my room had friends over, and they were talking loudly and laughing until after 4am. I got up at 6am to cram for the exam, so I must have had less than 2 hours sleep.

Well this sucks. I just finished my final exam, I am officially free, and yet I feel crummy.
Sleep. You'll feel great tomorrow when you're well rested and you realize that you've finished your exams and are done with college!! Congrats!!This feeling will last for approximately 10 minutes before you come to the following conclusions:- You have to now get a job and enter the real world- You are done with college and will never again have that combination of freedom and lack of real responsibility- You realize that finishing college brings you one major step closer toward adulthood, old age, and death- You realize that you are (probably) in debt due to student loans- You realize that the economy sucks all around the world and getting a job is difficult- You realize that there is no God, there is no heaven, there is no hell, and one day you will be dead and everyone who has ever heard of you will be dead and long since forgottenBut those 10 minutes are going to be pretty sweet.

Or you can be like me and ignore all of the above conclusions with gusto, never get a real job, never gain anything close to maturity, avoid any real responsibility, etc. Meh, it has its pros and cons.

you seem to have a tiny bit of common sense. that's the difference-maker.I acknowledge the sensibility of this advice. Do I follow that plan with the knowledge that I'm bailing the second a job in trading becomes available? I don't know when such a job will become available but I feel like I wouldn't be able to make it through any two-year programs, probably wouldn't even get through studying for the CFA.today, $30k pretax in something tangentially relevant looks fucking amazing. I would work unpaid just to get started in the right direction, and I'd appreciate the shit out of it all the while. two years ago, I'd have haughtily laughed at the idea of me sitting here in June wishing I could be working for free somewhere.as it is, I'd be happy to find some nothing job in KC for a little more than minimum wage. easier said than done. this situation is beyond retarded.
Get a job at a bank's call centre. You'll borderline want to kill yourself, but the pay and benefits are probably very decent, and you should be able to find a job that does not make you want to kill yourself within a year.Or you could be like LLY and never get a real job or gain maturity...just live in Geneva while working on the leading edge of human technology.Human technology? Wow, I really can't write for shit. No wonder I got the boot.
Sleep. You'll feel great tomorrow when you're well rested and you realize that you've finished your exams and are done with college!! Congrats!!This feeling will last for approximately 10 minutes before you come to the following conclusions:- You have to now get a job and enter the real world- You are done with college and will never again have that combination of freedom and lack of real responsibility- You realize that finishing college brings you one major step closer toward adulthood, old age, and death- You realize that you are (probably) in debt due to student loans- You realize that the economy sucks all around the world and getting a job is difficult- You realize that there is no God, there is no heaven, there is no hell, and one day you will be dead and everyone who has ever heard of you will be dead and long since forgottenBut those 10 minutes are going to be pretty sweet.
Ha.1. I am looking forward to getting a job and feeling like I have a productive and meaningful life. I've worked fulltime before, it won't be a shock for me.2. I have several months of complete freedom to look forward to, with no essays or exams to make me feel guilty for doing what I want to do.3. Nothing wrong with getting older, it just gets me closer to what I ultimately want in life.4. Thanks to the (previous) government my student loans have a low interest rate and I don't have to start paying them until I am earning £15k a year, so no worries yet.5. I'll be amongst the best qualified and most experienced for most entry level jobs, so I fancy my chances even in this economy.6. Haven't you read the Boltanski quote in my signature? I realised that years ago and I embrace it. Life could be a lot worse for me. I think my life is going to be pretty awesome, at least up until the point where I get raped and murdered on my trip to America this summer.
Ha.6. Haven't you read the Boltanski quote in my signature? I realised that years ago and I embrace it.
Oh. I had signatures off. That's a neat quote. Okay, I guess you're cool with the death part, then.
Life could be a lot worse for me. I think my life is going to be pretty awesome, at least up until the point where I get raped and murdered on my trip to America this summer.
What, are you visiting Philadelphia or something?
What, are you visiting Philadelphia or something?
Nah, just the west coast. But a young girl like me travelling alone in a foreign country is just asking for something bad to happen.
Get a job at a bank's call centre. You'll borderline want to kill yourself, but the pay and benefits are probably very decent, and you should be able to find a job that does not make you want to kill yourself within a year.Or you could be like LLY and never get a real job or gain maturity...just live in Geneva while working on the leading edge of human technology.Human technology? Wow, I really can't write for shit. No wonder I got the boot.
the human technology. technology for people.but seriously, I already want to kill myself.
Nah, just the west coast. But a young girl like me travelling alone in a foreign country is just asking for something bad to happen.
Probably the worse that will happen is someone will hear your accent and say, "Hey, you sound like you're from London!"forgetting_sarah_marshall_photos.jpg
I'll be out west for part of July. Where will you be out there? Not that I'm trying to murder or rape you. I like my sex consensual. I just figured we might be in the same part of the world through some kismet.
I'll be out west for part of July. Where will you be out there? Not that I'm trying to murder or rape you. I like my sex consensual. I just figured we might be in the same part of the world through some kismet.
I'm going in August. Not to avoid you or anything, it's just that I already booked everything for August. My route is San Diego > San Luis Obispo > Monterey > ??? > San Francisco > Portland > Seattle
Probably the worse that will happen is someone will hear your accent and say, "Hey, you sound like you're from London!"
Not true. She's pretty ridiculously attractive and will have a British accent? I'd say the odds of her getting at least raped are 50/50. Dark alley, her walking down the street, no ones watching? I'm raping that 100% of the time.The best thing about America is that in our country, rape is legal and considered to be a game.
Edit: It appears I am correct, but I didn't click on JBB's link to find out that he linked to its IMDB page until now.
JBB?
I like my sex consensual.
I almost belie...
Well, not all people have that luxury. Amiright, Joey?
:club:
I acknowledge the sensibility of this advice. Do I follow that plan with the knowledge that I'm bailing the second a job in trading becomes available? I don't know when such a job will become available but I feel like I wouldn't be able to make it through any two-year programs, probably wouldn't even get through studying for the CFA.
Serious question: Do you have the Type A intense let's-go-get-em attitude that you almost certainly need to have to break into and succeed in trading, especially these days when the industry is a huge mess? That's part of the reason why I was pushing the specialized fields. You can get a degree, find a good, solid job, and peacefully make a good amount of money without the stress of having to claw your way to the top, though there's certainly a cap on how much money you can make.
Sleep. You'll feel great tomorrow when you're well rested and you realize that you've finished your exams and are done with college!! Congrats!!This feeling will last for approximately 10 minutes before you come to the following conclusions:
Hey, there's always my path. Enjoy the 10 minutes, come to those realizations and live that life for a handful of years, then head back to school and turn back the clock.
3. Nothing wrong with getting older, it just gets me closer to what I ultimately want in life.
simpsons_cat_lady.jpg
Well, not all people have that luxury. Amiright, Joey?
Ha.