I Called In Sick Today

yorke@humor:~$ uname -r0.0.1-1-nerd
export DESCRIPTION='Nerd'export PERSON='Strat'export EQUALITY='IsA'echo $PERSON$EQUALITY$DESCRIPTIONI can see I've already ruined this thread. Well played, Yorke, well played.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

This is true. Sadly, I've never actually worn a white coat. Since the vast majority of my work is computer coding, the only tool I ever use is my laptop and a bash shell.Sometimes I'm tempted to put on a lab coat and put some pens in my pocket while I work...
I don't wear them either. Man, you are really ruining our image with all this "truth". I switched from tcsh to bash last year and have been much happier ever since.
If were were to invent one of those, I bet we'd make a million dollars selling it to really geeky people. I'll be the boss, and I'll delegate the design, production, advertising, and distributing to you. I'll take 60% of the profits. Deal?
That's like the opposite of a Godfather deal, but I'll play Fredo and take it.The design is pretty easy. It's just a spongy conch shell.So, it looks like this: Conch%20Playa%20Flamenco%20500px.jpgBut feels like this:Globe_Stress_Toy_Squeeze.jpgI have no idea how to produce these things. We may need to hire an outside consultant. As majority owner I'll let you pay for that.Unemployed Sickies: Please submit applications. Thank you.As for advertising, we definitely want to start by showing somebody working on a computer and smashing his mouse when he gets frustrated, then cut to a shot of "the Bash Shell," then show the same guy getting angry and instead of smashing his mouse, he bashes the shell. And then smiles. I'm picturing this in the cheesiest way possible.We would definitely sell it through Think Geek.Maybe we can get mk to handle financing. Although strategy would probably be cheaper.I think that's enough work for one day; I'm going to take the rest of the day off, boss.

"Your thing is small for all girls, Yorke"
Still thinking...
I have a very strong feeling that you should visit Sweden.
I was just talking to some people (who have been to Sweden) that say it's a land full of beautiful girls in their 20s and very few guys in that age bracket. So, yes, visit Sweden.
As much as I'd like to make your joke work, I'm still just a lowly PhD student. Make this post again in, say, 2-3 years and we can do the bit. It'll be great!
One more year after that and I can play too. We can go through PAGES of the three of us just saying "doctor" to each other. It's be great!That sounded sarcastic, but I really mean it. It'll be great.
Btw, just did my final presentation for my capstone class where I was responsible for explaining the financial position of Pfizer within the industry. My only goal was to not have her reem me in front of the class like she has done to many others presentating. Well, not only did I not get reemed, she gave me a "Very good Andrew".
I wish I could do the same.
One more year after that and I can play too. We can go through PAGES of the three of us just saying "doctor" to each other. It's be great!That sounded sarcastic, but I really mean it. It'll be great.
I'll be the nurse, as in "Nurse! Fetch me the spatula, stat!"
Hey Sickies,I'm feeling somewhat lonely and isolated in my "real," human life lately, so I've decided to supplement my "e-life" by following this thread a bit more and posting in it a bit. I just moved to a country where I don't really speak the language and don't really know anyone. The work I do means that I have to spend a significant amount of time in Switzerland and France, so I'm living out here as of last week. I'm only going to be here until about December, but for my young self, that's a pretty long time. And Geneva isn't exactly as exciting as New York City (though it's quite beautiful).Anyway, just wanted to make this little announcement. All the best!
I don't think anyone will be disappointed with this. In fact, it might keep Joey here longer.
stop
collaborate and listen
I have a very strong feeling that you should visit Sweden.
I have a very strong feeling that you should study a map.
I'll be the nurse, as in "Nurse! Fetch me the spatula speculum, stat!"
FYP
You want to watch this.
Problem with being busy is forgetting what you quote, j/s.
She is still really dehydrated, and doesn't want to eat, but the vet let us bring her home today. The vet told us to buy her some fancy, non-dry food, so that she will be excited to eat. She's really sick, but it seems she will pull through, at least that's what the vet told us.The plant was an oriental lily:
Finally a plan to rid the neighbor's cat that he lets roam around the neighborhood. Wait, kidding LG!
Where did she find that in Iowa?
HAHA, IOWA isn't a real place!
Hey Sickies,Anyway, just wanted to make this little announcement. All the best!
Sweet, MATH!
Makes me tear up every time.I love them, I just never respond to them because, well, where do you go from there?
So true, it's like me talking me to myself OUTLOUD.
it isn't sal's fault you guys weren't funny with his misfortune.
Well, I suppose if Gilligan ever got off the island, got a job and married he wouldn't be as much fun either. Oh, who am I kidding, it's Sal.
If were were to invent one of those, I bet we'd make a million dollars selling it to really geeky people. I'll be the boss, and I'll delegate the design, production, advertising, and distributing to you. I'll take 60% of the profits. Deal?
Nah, just do what I do. Wad up a twenty and throw it at people. It works best when you scream, "That's what I fucking give for the worst service I've ever had. You fucked up!"
It's funny but you shouldn't be picking on little kids like that.In other news, i've been pretty busy which sucks. Today everyone wanted to talk to me about thier life historys etc. Last guy told me about the 9 car accidents he's had, in detail. I was picturing myself rotting away to a skeleton as he was rambling.
I was picturing myself rotting away to a skeleton as he was rambling.
Nice image. I like it.I want to make a T-shirt for geeks that says, "Physics -- the laws you can't break." I imagine it's already been done. though.
Nice image. I like it.I want to make a T-shirt for geeks that says, "Physics -- the laws you can't break." I imagine it's already been done. though.
I was going to go with, "praying the Fire Bears would actually show up and eat me" but I thought it was too soon. :smileythingamagicface:I do like the T shirt idea though. It reminded me of all the ideas my dad had while I was growing up and how my mom thought he was an idiot."I'm going to invent an aerosol can that sprays vegetable oil into the frying pan.""Why don't they just sell ketchup in a plastic bottle like mustard"