I Called In Sick Today

What I don't like about American pubs is that they try to be British but can't resist offering lots of American food alongside ours. Like that one does Boston clam chowder, beef dip, pecan pie etc.... you would never find those kind of dishes in a British pub. Why can't they stick to authentic food? Despite the stereotypes English pub grub is fantastic and needs no alternative. I am surprised that they don't list the beers available on the website, since that is a significant aspect of a pub. Presumably they offer a good range of European beers as well as British bitters, ales and ciders. Other than that, that pub does look very authentic, especially in terms of architecture and decor. If I were nitpicking I would say that the view outside is far too picturesque and beautiful to make for an authentic British pub. Here you're lucky to look out over a carpark or a vandalised children's play area. Your pub looks like a good'un.Shame I'm not going to Canada.
Well their website lies a fair bit. 1 - they don't actually have a menu on offer. they make one meal a night, with a few other items, and you're welcome to order it if you're hungry2 - they do have a rather impressive selection of tipples available3 - the view outside is quite nice but it's a bit tarted-up in those pictures. set in the countryside though, definitely.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I have already earmarked a pub crawl in Monterey and I will be sure to provide y'all with concise reviews. I will take any recommendations for West Coast English pubs, obviously I won't go out of my way though. I'm intending to visit San Diego, San Luis Obispo, Monterey, San Francisco, Portland, and Seattle.
SLO will be a good place to Pub Crawl. Monterey, not so much. Go to the aquarium in Monterey which is near all the bars (i think two or three?) on Cannery row.San Fran has bars everywhere. Don't go to the clubs, you will dissapointed and most likely molested by a dude dressed as a chick, dressed as a dude.
I hope not. (Edit: ambiguous answer for the win?)I picture the Lucy from ER, which is kind of weird because I suggested the name Lucy, but for entirely different reasons.
My first thought was Lucy the Daughter of the Devil.
Like where? I don't want to go to LA, it's too big and noisy.
But we have guys lifting weights on the beach!Ok, then you should at least stop in Santa Barbara, probably instead of SLO. I guess you must know someone in SLO though, because why else would anyone go there? Madonna Inn maybe.
But we have guys lifting weights on the beach!Ok, then you should at least stop in Santa Barbara, probably instead of SLO. I guess you must know someone in SLO though, because why else would anyone go there? Madonna Inn maybe.
Unless she likes mismatched plates and bad food, there is no reason to go to the Madonna Inn. She can't even pee in the cool urinal. Well she could, but it would be awkward.
Pretty sure we've had that discussion/argument before in this thread. What it boils down to is that I value fidelity. I would appreciate it if others refrained from trying to pull any of my future boyfriends, out of respect for me. Therefore I will do the same for others, acknowledging that they are committed and waiting until their relationship ends to move in.Anyway, I don't see the appeal of dating someone that is in a relationship. Clearly if Kayla liked you enough she would ditch that guy and be with you alone. It seemed to me that you wanted more from her than a casual fuck-buddy, so you wanted her to like you enough to dump her boyfriend. So it wasn't a happy situation for you anyway. Furthermore, there is the perennial issue of 'once a cheater, always a cheater'. I could never trust a guy to be faithful to me if I knew first-hand that he had a history of cheating. Bingbangboom, there's my opinion.
When my girlfriend cheated on me, I was not upset at the guy. I was never going to be friends with him, but I never felt like he betrayed me, like he owed me something. He didn't. I don't owe her boyfriend anything, either. Kayla cheated on her boyfriend, and she did it with me, but I did not cheat on anyone. All of my promises are intact. If I ask you to keep a secret, and you tell your mother, did your mother do something wrong? That being said, I still think your opinion is mostly valid, especially the second paragraph. I don't happen to agree, but I know what you're saying and I think it's totally rational. And somehow, despite my seemingly strong opinion on the matter, I still feel quite a bit like a heel. It does not help matters that I basically broke things off within 24 hours of her dropping the L-Bomb on me. I honestly believe it was totally unrelated, but I'm insane, so, you know...
It does not help matters that I basically broke things off within 24 hours of her dropping the L-Bomb on me. I honestly believe it was totally unrelated, but I'm insane, so, you know...
Do you think it was a sincere L-Bomb or a, um, tactical L-Bomb?
I don't know anyone in SLO. Thought I did but it turned out he lives in Palo Alto. By the time I found out I was wrong I had already looked into SLO. Mostly I want to go there because it would facilitate a day trip to Hearst Castle, which I have wanted to visit ever since I saw Citizen Kane. I'll only be in SLO for 2 full days, one of which will be the trip to San Simeon anyway. Also I don't care much for beaches and will get my fill of them in San Diego, Monty etc. Might hit up Big Sur or some other coastal places too. Maybe a roadtrip up Highway 1 to San Fran from Monty. So, I don't think I need any more California beach towns in my itinerary.
When my girlfriend cheated on me, I was not upset at the guy. I was never going to be friends with him, but I never felt like he betrayed me, like he owed me something. He didn't. I don't owe her boyfriend anything, either. Kayla cheated on her boyfriend, and she did it with me, but I did not cheat on anyone. All of my promises are intact. If I ask you to keep a secret, and you tell your mother, did your mother do something wrong? That being said, I still think your opinion is mostly valid, especially the second paragraph. I don't happen to agree, but I know what you're saying and I think it's totally rational. And somehow, despite my seemingly strong opinion on the matter, I still feel quite a bit like a heel. It does not help matters that I basically broke things off within 24 hours of her dropping the L-Bomb on me. I honestly believe it was totally unrelated, but I'm insane, so, you know...
She's a LESBEAN?!!!p.s. part of my anti-cheating stance is a utilitarian* net-happiness gripe. I would be afraid of causing pain/suffering/misery/woe to the cheatee in the situation. Regardless of whether the boyfriend/girlfriend would have cheated with someone else if not you, you're still directly causing them unhappiness, which feels wrong to me. I don't see why it is so hard to say to the person "I would like to see you once you are single" or wait the relationship out. That is the best option to me.*Term used very loosely, I don't really care for utilitarianism.... sorry, Bentham.
she's also a lesbian?
She's a LESBEAN?!!!p.s. part of my anti-cheating stance is a utilitarian net-happiness gripe. I would be afraid of causing pain/suffering/misery/woe to the cheatee in the situation. Regardless of whether the boyfriend/girlfriend would have cheated with someone else if not you, you're still directly causing them unhappiness, which feels wrong to me. I don't see why it is so hard to say to the person "I would like to see you once you are single" or wait the relationship out. That is the best option to me.
yes, but that involves less of the touching of the mega-sweet breasts right now.PS: you're so excited about the news it's affected your spelling
yes, but that involves less of the touching of the mega-sweet breasts right now.PS: you're so excited about the news it's affected your spelling
Nice edit.
PS: you're so excited about the news it's affected your spelling
Hi Frodo Baggins, I have a relgious dilemma I hoped you could answer me.I am a lesbean. I know the bible says some things against being gay, but as a lesbean can I still get to heaven? If so, how and what must I do?Thank you for your timely respond,Wilhelmina
I'm not a lesbian, I'm a lesBEAN. It's a term I coined myself, it means that I find beans pleasurable to an abnormal degree.
Do you think it was a sincere L-Bomb or a, um, tactical L-Bomb?
Remember that iPod I gave her? Then her just went ahead and swaruped right up without me even noticing? The next time I saw her, she gave me 50 dollars. "I can't accept that. It's too much. Here. I insist." She refused -- flatly refused -- to accept gifts from me, and that's kind of my thing. I give people stuff all the time, but she would not allow it. I tried to tip her 50 dollars on a $2.50 bill the next time I saw her, and she gave the cash back. The next time, I tried with credit, and she (a) did not enter the tip on my card and (B) went so far as to print a fake receipt so I did not know she did not enter the tip on the card. I was forced to check my bank statement. Anyway, I hope it was a Tactical decision designed to drive me away. Carpet L-Bombing would work.
Congrats. Grad school for what?
Dang, this thread gets updated fast -- moves right along. Shakespeare, actually, specifically the source materials he used. I'm going to FSU. Ordinarily that's nothing to brag about -- Tallahassee is a hole and I don't care about football or frat parties. But Gary Taylor is there, and he has a worldwide reputation among Shakespeare scholars.I'll try to keep my French as mangled as possible so I can stay here.And I agree with LG. I do think women are more wired/socialized to value fidelity. Women also have a sense of sisterhood; men either don't have a corresponding sense of brotherhood or they have an active competitive sense in its place. I wouldn't sleep with another woman's partner because that's me violating the sisterhood code, but I would never really expect a man to feel the same way. "Once a cheater, always a cheater," though, is true.Do you think she's getting the idea that you're paying her for sex? Are these gifts that are more than she could afford, or are you both at a financial level where they would be mere trinkets?
And I agree with LG. I do think women are more wired/socialized to value fidelity. Women also have a sense of sisterhood; men either don't have a corresponding sense of brotherhood or they have an active competitive sense in its place. I wouldn't sleep with another woman's partner because that's me violating the sisterhood code, but I would never really expect a man to feel the same way. "Once a cheater, always a cheater," though, is true.Do you think she's getting the idea that you're paying her for sex? Are these gifts that are more than she could afford, or are you both at a financial level where they would be mere trinkets?
1) I value monogamy. In college my nickname was "The Prudent Pearl." That doesn't make very much sense in a vacuum, but I assure you that: it was a result of my long-standing and fierce devotion to... devotion. I was also called "The Double-Hatted Deuce," but that was something different completely. EDIT: I think it was because I got drunk and put on two hats once. 2) I would never sleep with a friend's girlfriend, exgirlfriend, or object of desire. Ever. He could give me his full-throated support and I wouldn't do it. Women, in my experience, are waaaay cattier with each other than dudes are. Bros before sluts and all that.3) The gift was a 2+ year old iPod shuffle, which served as my secondary backup iPod. My backup iPod remains in my room so I don't have to retrieve my primary iPod when I leave it in my car, and my secondary backup iPod sits in my glove box because: well where would you fucking put it? I gave it to her when I found out she did not have an iPod. It's worth, what, 20 bucks? I would have given it to her even if she had not been tongue-bathing my Willy Wonka. 4) This list was not ordinal, and, as such, should not have been numbered. Bullets would have been sufficient.