Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Ready for another round of Guess the Mystery Poster?I'll assume "yes."

wait. is the cat a cheetos puff or the crappy cheetos? I'm assuming since she's skinny she's the crappy cheetos. you know you like puffs.
Crunchy, obviously. I hate the puffs.
I said, "wait"
Sorry to burst your bubble, but snagging a chick from one of our smaller states that's claim to fame was a group of guy comedians that dressed like old hags and talked funny ain't saying much.
Oh no he di'nt!
So what does it mean exactly to be cultured? According to one of those dictionary sites, it means either "educated, polished, refined" or "showing or having good taste, manners, upbringing, and education."I don't think anybody in here is winning that argument.
I am ridic cultured compared to most people my age. I've travelled a fair bit, I'm quite well-read, I've seen all kinds of art and entertainment, I'm soon to graduate from university, and I am a typically polite Englishwoman. I think I am a fine example of what a cultured person is. Did I mention I'm going to see some Offenbach at the Barbican on Saturday? CULTURED. Also, a few nights ago I had a dream which included President Obama, former President Bill Clinton, Rihanna, The Spice Girls, and that ugly bint Susan Boyle, all in one room. CULTURED.
I rear-ended a cab. Dawson was checking out a girl and hit himit's making a clacking noise like a fan's hitting something. The noise changes as I change the heat and A/CHe thinks it's the doors in the heating/cooling system that open and close and direct heat where to gohe said this before it started shooting out only cold air so it might be more than thatfucked in the assOh, and some girl got her period all over my sheets a couple weekends ago. Dropped her off, came back and OHMYGOD...pretty gross. I was pretty hungover though so I put a beach towel down and went back to bed.
I can honestly say that out of all the automobile nightmares Ive been associated with....well, other than the British electrical systems.... the mechanisms that control the heating and cooling systems are the worstThe complexity is astounding on some models...I cant even venture a guess without the vehicle in your possession and having you perform a few tests on it... they still have it, right?If the system is purely mechanical, meaning that a lever that moves side to side controls the recirculating/outside or hot/cool air, it could be as simple as a dislodged bell crank arm allowing the air door to contact the squirrel cage fan. If its push button activated, it could be anything from a control rod/arm to a vacuum canister Normally when you select "heat" on the panel, a valve is opened allowing the coolant from the engine to circulate thru a small heat exchanger (radiator) inside the duct system under the dash. You should feel warm air from the ducts regardless of the source, recirculating or outsideYours seems to be stuck in the off position, meaning that you have two problems.... (hi there LG...hows it going?) that and the squirrel cage area thats more than likely making the rattling noiseIt is possible that the accident caused the problem...like I said, the HVAC controls are pretty complex and usually made of plastic. On the flip side, the are apt to cause problems at any time for the same reasons. Ive restored many cars over the years and every damn one of them had some sort of foreign object inside the system. Pennies and other coins are always found floating around in there as well as napkins and paper entering from the floorboard into the squirrel cage. Business cards and receipts are other commonly found items. I still carry around a Case pocketknife I retrieved from a sixty three Vette many years ago. Any of these things could (is it cold over there?...it was fifty five here today) be dislodged during an accident and fall from the defroster duct and make their way into the mechanisms, jamming and breaking or bending somethingHeres the bad part.... most times to get at the problem the entire dash has to be removed. DSCN0465.JPGMy advise is to raise holy hell with the insurance company if they wont pay, regardless of the cause. Buy some KY just in case... I keep seeing those ads for the new "warming gel" variety...it might ease the stress of the cold up there
I got stuck in a lot of traffic because of that movie.
I dont get it...
Also, a few nights ago I had a dream which included President Obama, former President Bill Clinton, Rihanna, The Spice Girls, and that ugly bint Susan Boyle, all in one room...
You might want to lay off the spicy foods before bed time...My nightmares have decreased considerably since I quit the jalapenos and hot sauce after six pm

We had a post-exam party tonight...it actually got pretty interesting. Three of the best looking girls in the class were doing some solid making out with each other. At one point I'm pretty sure a girl (who I'm not interested in) was fishing for me to ask her out...we spent a good minute in a loop after I asked her what she was up to over break.Her: I don't know, is there anything going on here?Me: I don't know. I'm sure people will be hanging out.Her: Is there any reason for me to stay?Me: I don't know, there'll probably be stuff to do.Her: But is there a reason for me to stay?Me: I...don't know. I...don't...I don't remember what I mumbled after that, but it included something about having to go, so I ran away. I'm horrible at life.

Also, a few nights ago I had a dream which included President Obama, former President Bill Clinton, Rihanna, The Spice Girls, and that ugly bint Susan Boyle, all in one room. CULTURED.
Cultured? But they all speak English. Well except for baby spice. abu-bu-bu-bu-bu. abah-bah-bah-bah. ahh. so cute.
Anyone see Blind Side with Sandra Bullock?
Yes. I enjoyed it quite a bit, but that's because I'm a SUCKER for sports movies in general, and even more so when the movie is about kids beating the odds. For instance, I LOVE Finding Forrester.
gran torino was such a useless movie
You're nuts.
Well, nachos are the number one food.I just noticed something. (See below)
I hate that. I have to edit my posts constantly because I suck at not making simple errors. My biggest error is that I type a completely different words than I'm thinking. I usually never spell it incorrectly, but it's just the totally wrong word. For instance, I typed out "I'm" instead of "My" to start the 3rd sentence in this very paragraph. Why does my brain do that? You guys better get used to seeing a lot of editing notes at the bottom of my posts.
I am ridic cultured compared to most people my age. I've travelled a fair bit, I'm quite well-read, I've seen all kinds of art and entertainment, I'm soon to graduate from university, and I am a typically polite Englishwoman. I think I am a fine example of what a cultured person is. Did I mention I'm going to see some Offenbach at the Barbican on Saturday? CULTURED. Also, a few nights ago I had a dream which included President Obama, former President Bill Clinton, Rihanna, The Spice Girls, and that ugly bint Susan Boyle, all in one room. CULTURED.
I think we can all agree... with most of this.
I remember this happening, but don't have a guess. Maybe JLL. Or Sal.
I also remember it happening, because who the hell prefers Cheetos puffs to crunchy Cheetos? Why would you ever choose to eat a piece of air collapsing to sand instead of something actually good? INSANITY!So leaves me to guess RR, JLL, Strat, or Piddle, and if I had to put those names in order from least likely to most likely I would put the list like this:StratPiddleJLLRR(Sal is a total wild card. I agree with Speedz, that I could see him liking puffs, because he's so backwoods, that maybe real Cheetos aren't even available.)
They shot some of that movie in my town, which is the size of one square mile so often I got stuck in traffic waiting for them to get their damn shot.
plus, you know, all the asians.
We had a post-exam party tonight...it actually got pretty interesting. Three of the best looking girls in the class were doing some solid making out with each other. At one point I'm pretty sure a girl (who I'm not interested in) was fishing for me to ask her out...we spent a good minute in a loop after I asked her what she was up to over break.Her: I don't know, is there anything going on here?Me: I don't know. I'm sure people will be hanging out.Her: Is there any reason for me to stay?Me: I don't know, there'll probably be stuff to do.Her: But is there a reason for me to stay?Me: I...don't know. I...don't...I don't remember what I mumbled after that, but it included something about having to go, so I ran away. I'm horrible at life.
OH WOE IS SPEEDZ. GIRLS LIKE ME TOO MUCH. I'M JUST TOO POPULAR. CRY CRY.
if you EVER hear me say a disparaging remark about regular cheetos I want you to shoot me in the FUCKING FACE.
OH WOE IS SPEEDZ. GIRLS LIKE ME TOO MUCH. I'M JUST TOO POPULAR. CRY CRY.
After that exchange, this seems like an example of the NYU corollary theory. A straight man, at NYU, will receive 50-75% more ass than he should because most of his competition is gay men and other women. We can safely assume that vet school operates under roughly the same conditions.
After that exchange, this seems like an example of the NYU corollary theory. A straight man, at NYU, will receive 50-75% more ass than he should because most of his competition is gay men and other women. We can safely assume that vet school operates under roughly the same conditions.
well, there's that, plus the fact that speedz is stunningly handsome. STUNNINGLY.
if you EVER hear me say a disparaging remark about regular cheetos I want you to shoot me in the FUCKING FACE.
Done and done.
There's not a lot of hooking up in vet school. But yes, I'm probably considered to be a "good catch" in vet school, while in the real world I'm more of a "______".Enjoy filling in the blank.
well, there's that, plus the fact that speedz is stunningly handsome. STUNNINGLY.
It's true.
speedz really knows a lot of stuff, guys
And things. Don't forget about the things.

I had an amazing meal last night at Ming Tsai's restaurant, Blue Ginger. It was just me and a buddy on a celebratory mandate, so we went all out and got the tasting menu...it was phenomenal. The butterfish was the best fish I've ever had, not even close.Tostada with tea-smoked beefHawaiian Bigeye Tuna Poke with Crispy Sushi Rice Cake and Peppercress-Tosaka SaladFoie Gras-Shiitake Shumai in Sauternes-Shallot BrothSake-Miso Marinated Alaskan Butterfish Garlic-Black Pepper Lobster with Lemongrass Fried Rice Homemade ice cream sandwich with brown butter ice cream and candied ginger

I had an amazing meal last night at Ming Tsai's restaurant, Blue Ginger. It was just me and a buddy on a celebratory mandate, so we went all out and got the tasting menu...it was phenomenal. The butterfish was the best fish I've ever had, not even close.Tostada with tea-smoked beefHawaiian Bigeye Tuna Poke with Crispy Sushi Rice Cake and Peppercress-Tosaka SaladFoie Gras-Shiitake Shumai in Sauternes-Shallot BrothSake-Miso Marinated Alaskan Butterfish Garlic-Black Pepper Lobster with Lemongrass Fried Rice Homemade ice cream sandwich with brown butter ice cream and candied ginger
Congrats on your first completed semester. Only seven more to go? Or is it less?
Color me a lovely shade of jealous.A buddy of mine who got divorced a couple years ago, recently ended a semi long term relationship when the girl got drunk and texted him that she hopes he dies from a brain tumor just like his father did. I offered to kill her for him. It's still open ended.In lieu of these happening he is back on the dating scene and my wife thought it would be funny if we both went speed1 dating together. Now, although this would be hilarious because he is one of the funniest people I know IRL, I am not really sure how I could pull this off.1. At this point I guarantee I am socially awkward around single women, since I don't care what they think.2. Albeit funny, I don't know if I could hold up the farce of pretending to be single to these late 20's early 30's women who are there for either a relationship or a good dicking.3. Even if I took my wedding band off, you could still tell that I wear one almost ever day. Guess I could have a recently seperated back story.4. Not sure why I am numbering these, it really doesn't make sense.5. We thought that I could possibly go as his wingman, but not actually directly participate. I could just sit behind him and make comments/help him out. or I could talk to the girls for him, sorta as a pre-screening process.6. I wouldn't even know where to look to find speed1 dating1 Not to be confused with speedz dating.
Three of the best looking girls in the class were doing some solid making out with each other.
SIMULTANEOUSLY???
No, it was this guy:
snorlax?
A buddy of mine who got divorced a couple years ago, recently ended a semi long term relationship when the girl got drunk and texted him that she hopes he dies from a brain tumor just like his father did. I offered to kill her for him. It's still open ended.
doesn't really sound like he ended it, actually.
WILDCARD, BITCHES
haha
Congrats on your first completed semester. Only seven more to go? Or is it less?
Thanks. Seven left to go, only four of which are classroom-based.
In lieu of these happening he is back on the dating scene and my wife thought it would be funny if we both went speed1 dating together.
I think that when I go to hell I'll be subjected to daily rounds of speed dating.
SIMULTANEOUSLY???
Unfortunately no. But, on the bright side, one of them hugged me for a while and I'm pretty sure she could tell that I...enjoyed...said hug.
WILDCARD, BITCHES
:tip of the cap:

Waiting for my LSAT score is bugging me. How long does it take seriously? It's shoved into a computer. I took like 8 full length practice tests and scored them all by hand in less than 5 minutes. WTF? I DON'T WANT NO FUCKING CHIPS!