I Called In Sick Today

I have no idea what Jubi is talking about.Has anyone seen the preview for the movie called "The Box" or "Don't Push the Red Button" or something like that?The basic premise is that this family has come upon hard times and then one day a package arrives at their house. Then an ominous man arrives at their house and says, "In the package is a box with a button. If you push the button, two things will happen. One, somewhere in the world, someone you don't know will die. Two, you will receive one million dollars."It's like Indecent Proposal, except with death instead of sex.
Ripoff of an old Twilight Zone episode.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Last night my wife figured out that her cell phone will actually read out loud her text messages to her with a female voice.I spent the next half hour texting her stuff like:Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.Mother mother fuck. Mother mother fuck fuck. Mother fuck mother fuck.Noise noise noise."Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription... is more cowbell!"
I would love to get those messages. My phone sucks though and won't read to me. I'd be happy to have my husband call and say goofy bad words to me by vm ala Mewes.
I would hire you for any job. I remember when I was motivated like that. Oh well.It probably would've been more appropriate to quote something different, but I'm conserving space.
3 years ago, I would not have hired myself for any job, period. A few weeks ago, I would have thought myself more qualified to manage than most, but not by much.Right now, I pit my leadership skills against anyone's. The last few days have been unbelievably interesting. I told Guapo, once, that I didn't think I'd be much of a salesman. I said something like, "You know, I could probably sell something I believed in -- and sell it well -- but that's about it." I was mostly just running my mouth, but over the last few days I've realized it's completely true. I am selling the shit out of this room to people, and I'm doing it well, because: I'm really just selling myself. The people I've hired have been, by and large, reserved at first blush, but once I get them in front of me and just talk passionately about what I believe, it's like I'm transformed. It's infectious. I mean, I've actually seen the physical change in people after only a few minutes. At first they're polite, reserved, leaning back, slightly uncomfortable and stiff. Once I get going, though, almost without fail they start to lean forwards, their eyes get wider, they act excited, they start filling in the blanks and throwing out ideas. By the end, they're fired up to be on my team. I have absolutely never experienced anything like that on this scale before. And I'm not even doing anything. I'm not manipulating anybody, or lying, or anything like that. I'm just telling them what I believe, and hoping they believe, too.Anyway, it's awesome. Hopefully I can keep it up. If we have any chance of getting off the ground, I'm going to have to keep this kind of energy level for the next few months.
Last night my wife figured out that her cell phone will actually read out loud her text messages to her with a female voice.I spent the next half hour texting her stuff like:****. ****. ****.Mother mother ****. Mother mother **** ****. Mother **** mother ****.Noise noise noise."Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription... is more cowbell!"
Maaaaan, that's awesome.
LG ENV2lg-env2-unofficial-press-photos3.PNGIt's a pretty sweet phone.
Jesus. That's my roommate's phone. Bad news for everyone that knows us...
Has anyone seen the preview for the movie called "The Box" or "Don't Push the Red Button" or something like that?The basic premise is that this family has come upon hard times and then one day a package arrives at their house. Then an ominous man arrives at their house and says, "In the package is a box with a button. If you push the button, two things will happen. One, somewhere in the world, someone you don't know will die. Two, you will receive one million dollars."It's like Indecent Proposal, except with death instead of sex.
Yeah, I saw the preview at the theater last Friday.Frankly, I found the title a bit misleading.
Yeah, I saw the preview at the theater last Friday.Frankly, I found the title a bit misleading.
Cameron Diaz, THE BOX. Yeah, the possibilities were there. Too bad.
Will someone review Babel for me?
I remember being super excited to see it and it not living up to my expectations. I also remember that I liked Brad Pitt quite a bit... but I generally really enjoy him in just about everything he does.
if you want to find some examples of places where he was wrong feel free. i'm feeling lazy right now.
Good luck finding something that doesn't exist.
Wow. Terrible cast, terrible plot, terrible costumes... I would have to be paid to watch that pile of shit.
I can't really judge the movie completely based on the trailer... but to the actual question. I would find it exceptionally hard to not push the button, but I'm confident that my wife would eventually talk me out of it... also, it sounds like there is a bunch of information about the situation that isn't explained in the trailer, like.. "oh yeah, and if you don't push the button then we're going to kill your family"... so I don't know.

I watched Antichrist last night.Wow. That was not a pleasant movie. Easily one of the most disturbing movies I've ever seen. I'm still not sure what I think about it. About 45 seconds into the movie I said, out loud to an empty room, "Oh Jesus, why am I watching this?" I think maybe I should have listened to my gut and turned it off.

I can't really judge the movie completely based on the trailer... but to the actual question. I would find it exceptionally hard to not push the button, but I'm confident that my wife would eventually talk me out of it... also, it sounds like there is a bunch of information about the situation that isn't explained in the trailer, like.. "oh yeah, and if you don't push the button then we're going to kill your family"... so I don't know.
obv the next person pushes the button and you die.
I watched Antichrist last night.Wow. That was not a pleasant movie. Easily one of the most disturbing movies I've ever seen. I'm still not sure what I think about it. About 45 seconds into the movie I said, out loud to an empty room, "Oh Jesus, why am I watching this?" I think maybe I had listened to my gut and turned it off.
Is there any sort of religious message to the movie? What's the title all about? I heard a little about it from Cannes, but I didn't hear anything about the title.I just know that there is self-mutilation and crap like that... I'm not planning on seeing it, but I was curious about the title.
obv the next person pushes the button and you die.
But how would that benefit the old man? If the plot doesn't have a really good explanation as to why they are using random people to push a button then the movie will suck. If the group ends up just doing it to screw with people, like Saw, then that would be weak.
Is there any sort of religious message to the movie? What's the title all about? I heard a little about it from Cannes, but I didn't hear anything about the title.I just know that there is self-mutilation and crap like that... I'm not planning on seeing it, but I was curious about the title.
yes, there definitely is, but it's both incredibly in your face and completely buried in all the other.......stuff... that the movie is "about"this is honestly the kind of movie that you could argue with someone for a very long time and still never be able to agree 100% what it's saying.
But how would that benefit the old man? If the plot doesn't have a really good explanation as to why they are using random people to push a button then the movie will suck. If the group ends up just doing it to screw with people, like Saw, then that would be weak.
i have no idea, it was just my assumption as the "crazy plot twist that changes everyone's minds"
yes, there definitely is, but it's both incredibly in your face and completely buried in all the other.......stuff... that the movie is "about"this is honestly the kind of movie that you could argue with someone for a very long time and still never be able to agree 100% what it's saying.
Thanks for thoroughly answering my QUESTION!EDIT: You still didn't answer it. No big deal though... you obviously didn't get it.
EDIT: I'm not so sure it's a religious Message so much as a religious/biblical Construct, actually.ummm, actual EDIT: I did not realize that this was a new post ^^^^
What kind of meds you on today? Deleting posts, not realizing you also deleted the quote, creating new posts

Congrats, Wangster. Now you just need to find a way to REALLY BELIEVE IN things like pyramid schemes and exceedingly sharp knives, and your fortune will basically make itself!

Yikes...I just read the wiki on Antichrist...I'm very, very glad that I will never watch that movie. Sheesh.
yeah, i just read it too. i guess it pretty much describes the movie but i think it really misses the point. then again, i'm sure i could be missing the point too.
I told Guapo, once, that I didn't think I'd be much of a salesman. I said something like, "You know, I could probably sell something I believed in -- and sell it well -- but that's about it."
And do you remember my response?If you don't, put it this way, what you are doing is not the least bit surprising.