I Called In Sick Today

Yeah, the escapee story is pretty wild. He was going to talk to him about his plea deal and he wasn't there. Yikes! The guy screwed that up big time.The only thing he has going for him is he can negotiate a new deal by telling them how he escaped. It's a federal detention center where they would put terrorists suspects and the guy was on maximum lockdown. He wasn't even allowed near other prisoners.
screw that, he might need to get out again. obama's new deal calls for a dam project that's going to flood his buried treasure."damn! we're in a tight spot!"
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

screw that, he might need to get out again. obama's new deal calls for a dam project that's going to flood his buried treasure."damn! we're in a tight spot!"
Do not. Seek. The treasure.

I'm in a pickle. For my speech class we have to do an informative speech based on some concept we have encountered during our studies and I was planning on doing "The 10,000 Hour Rule/Success", but I thought I had another week before fully deciding and thought I'd have more time to research it to see if it was a feasible speech without just rephrasing Gladwell. Well, now I have to have my speech topic in by midnight tonight and answer a bunch of questions about how I'd form my speech that I'm just not prepared to answer. So, I think I have to switch topics, but I have no real idea of a topic that interests me and would be interesting to my audience. I just thought of possibly doing "six-sigma". I could do the history, implementation, methods, pros/cons...hmm...Anybody have any other better ideas? Also, if you could go ahead and do all of the research and outlines and stuff that'd be greaaaat.Edit: Some would say I am a man of constant sorrow.

The frenzy starts when you yell her twin sister's name upon insertion.
Mine pretty much refuses to be around me when I'm shitfaced (not a bad idea on her part) so this has never happened. I don't think.
Well, now I have to have my speech topic in by midnight tonight and answer a bunch of questions about how I'd form my speech that I'm just not prepared to answer. So, I think I have to switch topics.
Why would you be better prepared to answer a bunch of questions on a topic you haven't thought of yet?

Yeah, do six sigma. Or, alternatively, pick a subject from your studies that won't bore the rest of your class to tears. Haven't you ever taken a "fun" class? Something to do with animals, perhaps?

Why would you be better prepared to answer a bunch of questions on a topic you haven't thought of yet?
Because the 10,000 hour rule seems like an abstract concept to me that I can't really find much scholarly research on (other than people rephrasing what Gladwell said). I also can't really think of how I would give a speech on it other than just saying "some believe you need 10,000 hours of practice to be considered an expert, maybe give a profile on some people, and then some circumstances that lead to some people getting a better chance at 10,000 hours than others (i.e. the hockey player example". Which, if I did, would be very close to plagairism because that is essentially, the chapter in "Outliers". I really can't think of how to otherwise present the concept.Also, these questions are more like "how will you relate to your audience, what visual aids will you use, how will you organize your speech". I was hoping I could do more research to find more authors on the topic but I don't have time.

I'm starting a list of the most terrible places on earth. I don't mean it in the sense of "New Jersey" or "Pakistan", I mean those everyday places you come across that just overwhelm you with a sense of malaise. 1. The cosmetics section of a department store.

it was awkward seeing the seniors in coms 130 when I took it sophomore year.
How did you know who the seniors were?
I'm starting a list of the most terrible places on earth. I don't mean it in the sense of "New Jersey" or "Pakistan", I mean those everyday places you come across that just overwhelm you with a sense of malaise. 1. The cosmetics section of a department store.
Wang? Is that you?Edit: I'm full of questions today.
Yeah, do six sigma. Or, alternatively, pick a subject from your studies that won't bore the rest of your class to tears. Haven't you ever taken a "fun" class? Something to do with animals, perhaps?
I have not taken a fun class. I took my fun classes in high school when I could get dual credit for them. I've only taken major specific, required classes. The only elective I've taken is "Introduction to Listening". Of course, I could just pretend that I took a fun class, (I don't think they'll check my transcripts). But, nothing jumps out as me as interesting. I'm very boring.
haha, what? napa, you put off public speaking until your second to last semester?it was awkward seeing the seniors in coms 130 when I took it sophomore year.
I really REALLY don't want to take this class.
I'm starting a list of the most terrible places on earth. I don't mean it in the sense of "New Jersey" or "Pakistan", I mean those everyday places you come across that just overwhelm you with a sense of malaise. 1. Cosmetics and Beauty Supply House.
Just what you witnessed X 10.
I have not taken a fun class. I took my fun classes in high school when I could get dual credit for them. I've only taken major specific, required classes. The only elective I've taken is "Introduction to Listening". Of course, I could just pretend that I took a fun class, (I don't think they'll check my transcripts). But, nothing jumps out as me as interesting. I'm very boring.
I heard your school offers a good class on how to shit on people's chests? Maybe you could get TG81 to help you out with the chest stuff? I think you got the shitting part covered. Plus, you could bring in roommates as your props with testimonials.
I heard your school offers a good class on how to shit on people's chests? Maybe you could get TG81 to help you out with the chest stuff? I think you got the shitting part covered. Plus, you could bring in roommates as your props with testimonials.
I could easily step in a write a 20 page dissertation on shitting for Clint.
How did you know who the seniors were?
you can tell because they look older and generally have a different attitude. sometimes I'll think a junior is a senior, or obviously the over-agers throw me off as well... that and the first day introduction where you say where you're from and what year you're in
But, nothing jumps out as me as interesting.
gM19g.gif
I'll reiterate, I have NO reason to suspect that sal enjoys hunting black people for sport
I have no idea what this is in reference to, but by golly, I like it.
That's clearly the rule...I'm not sure what her rationale is for using them.
she has herpes?
flower shops.
Because the 10,000 hour rule seems like an abstract concept to me that I can't really find much scholarly research on (other than people rephrasing what Gladwell said). I also can't really think of how I would give a speech on it other than just saying "some believe you need 10,000 hours of practice to be considered an expert, maybe give a profile on some people, and then some circumstances that lead to some people getting a better chance at 10,000 hours than others (i.e. the hockey player example".
Yeah, that's really a horrible topic...and, in my opinion, a stupid concept in general.
I'm starting a list of the most terrible places on earth. I don't mean it in the sense of "New Jersey" or "Pakistan", I mean those everyday places you come across that just overwhelm you with a sense of malaise. 1. The cosmetics section of a department store.2. The women's shoes section of a department store.
3. The baby section of a WalMart.
she has herpes?
No...I mean, I don't think...she would've told...it's not out of the...no...no.
5 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)2 Members: speedz99, BizzleI'm going to end up with the second highest point total and the loss. Story of my life.
Yeah I've had a big week, unfortunately this is the only league that (currently?) I'm in that's not for money, and I've already lost 3 in the others with 1 up in the air (Brady +7 versus Gostowski and Moss).