I Called In Sick Today

I had to listen to it on whatever crap windows music player I have, so I didn't see the art. Right now Dewbert's lying on the bed with me, with his head using the corner of my keyboard as a pillow.
I wonder if I'll be able to have a cat if I start out in chicago. most apartments here are anti-pets, but people also flagrantly ignore the rules. and I'll probably be logging long hours at work.it could be a very long wait.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I recently heard of the story about Dewey Readmore Books. Is this a well-known story?
Only by cat people...it's not on par with the popularity of Marley.It's an ok book, not great. I think that I was put off by the fact that I'm pretty sure I'd hate the author if I knew her.I almost refused to name Dewey Dewey because of that book, but the name just seemed so perfect for him in every other way...plus I figured very few people would know or care about it.
I wonder if I'll be able to have a cat if I start out in chicago. most apartments here are anti-pets, but people also flagrantly ignore the rules. and I'll probably be logging long hours at work.it could be a very long wait.
Well you'd have to get two.
Well you'd have to get two.
That's fine.currently downloading windows 7 professional (retail) from this website:http://www.msdnaa.net/search/schoolsearch.aspxI emailed my university for login details. Completely free, though I probably paid for it with my tuition. Nice of ... some completely random Internet message board person to tell me about this. Not a word about this program was ever mentioned at KU.
If any of you single guys out there are trying to figure out what kind of girl you are looking for, may I suggest going for a dancer?
I can second that. I am not really all that into athletic sex or anything, but Smash used to get all bendy in non-sexual situations, and: yeah.
Ya, but for what I do, it is next to impossible. Middle Easterners do not believe in earning interest. So anytime one of them comes in the office it is a waste of my time.
...wha...t? You mean, they don't believe it is possible? That interest is a myth or something? Like how Carl Everett doesn't believe in dinosaurs?Or are you saying that Chaldeans and Egyptians and shit have a moral objection to all investments?
this is a very mediocre videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99E16w0PxCA
Well, I'm definitely not going to click on it now.Also, I believe El G is referring to the idea that "Islamic law prohibits the payment of fees for the renting of money (Riba, usury) for specific terms."(I googled middle easterners and investment interest and it gave me some wiki site on Islamic banking.)
Well, I'm definitely not going to click on it now.Also, I believe El G is referring to the idea that "Islamic law prohibits the payment of fees for the renting of money (Riba, usury) for specific terms."(I googled middle easterners and investment interest and it gave me some wiki site on Islamic banking.)
Well that and everything is black market so rates are 30% or you lose a leg APR. I really think they believe theycan make alot more illegally than a mere 5% return or something.
(I googled middle easterners and investment interest and it gave me some wiki site on Islamic banking.)
I found the same site, as well as an entire book in .pdf form addressing the subject of Muslim banking. I can't do anything with it at the moment, since I'm kind of worn out, but the for some reason the idea that Muslims think of interest like I think of UFOs/God/Santa Clause is kind of funny to me.
Blink was a good read - haven't read the tipping point though
Outliers is the best of the 3, imo.
gladwell discussing the beatleshow does everyone feel about his comments?
That's one of the main points of Outliers-after 10000 hours practice, you can become a master at basically anything, if there is some talent there to begin with.
I know how many people have downloaded it.the number is zero.
Hey! I downloaded it as well. And since I used media player it showed the cover art (Dewey).That whole MSDNAA thing is pretty sweet. Sucks that I can't use it though because my school only allows the computer sci/engr people or people in MIS classes to use it...which is retarded. I'll probably end up just using some friends account who has no idea about it to get the software though. Unless they do something through the bookstore, like last year, where you could get MS Office Student for $10 and Windows Vista Ultimate for $15. I'd be ok with that for Windows 7.
That's one of the main points of Outliers-after 10000 hours practice, you can become a master at basically anything, if there is some talent there to begin with.
which is all fine and dandy, except the beatles are an awful example. their live performances are not what made them special; they were a studio band, plain and simple.
Outliers is the best of the 3, imo.That's one of the main points of Outliers-after 10000 hours practice, you can become a master at basically anything, if there is some talent there to begin with.
Ok - putting it on my Amazon list
which is all fine and dandy, except the beatles are an awful example. their live performances are not what made them special; they were a studio band, plain and simple.
Hmm - what does Mike think of this?
Hey! I downloaded it as well. And since I used media player it showed the cover art (Dewey).That whole MSDNAA thing is pretty sweet. Sucks that I can't use it though because my school only allows the computer sci/engr people or people in MIS classes to use it...which is retarded. I'll probably end up just using some friends account who has no idea about it to get the software though. Unless they do something through the bookstore, like last year, where you could get MS Office Student for $10 and Windows Vista Ultimate for $15. I'd be ok with that for Windows 7.
if all else fails, just email your school and say you're in computer sci. I emailed KU from a gmail account claiming to be in business and their response included login credentials...
gladwell discussing the beatleshow does everyone feel about his comments?
Gladwell went into much more depth on a Simmons podcast a couple months ago. What the Beatles thing represents is what he calls the 'rule of 10,000. Basically, he suggests it takes 10,000 hours of doing something to become really really good at it.That comes down to 40-hour weeks, 50 weeks a year for 5 years. He said he's talked to people across a spectrum of vocations and that Rule of 10,000 repeats itself, whether it's Michael Jordan or a great chef or being an accountant.He, of course, is much more articulate on the topic than am I.Specifically talking about the Beatles, of course it was their training period that made them into the band they became.
Outliers is the best of the 3, imo.That's one of the main points of Outliers-after 10000 hours practice, you can become a master at basically anything, if there is some talent there to begin with.
Of course, I just could have said: Agree with Bizzle.And Strat, what do you mean they weren't a great live band? You're really wrong. And even if your point is correct, it's still their years of practising that allowed them to be a great studio band, isn't it?
Gladwell posits that without the time they spent in Belgium, they wouldn't have been able to write the music they became capable of writing, due to the experience they had in playing 8 hours a day, 7 days a week. The time they spent there resulted in somewhere near the 10000 hours that Gladwell mentions as being the benchmark for being capable of great achievement.
Of course, I just could have said: Agree with Bizzle.And Strat, what do you mean they weren't a great live band? You're really wrong. And even if your point is correct, it's still their years of practising that allowed them to be a great studio band, isn't it?
George Martin made them a great studio bandDrugs made them great song writersTalent and hard work gave them the foundation for the above to do their thing(s).