I Called In Sick Today

So a couple of nights ago I forgot to close the study door before I went to bed. Around 5:30 a.m., I hear a a big noise and when I go into the hallway, I see our dog coughing up a hairball. He's gotten into our kitchen before so I figured that's what happened but he then moved into the living room to pick up a stuffed animal. It took me a second, but I realized it was our pet chinchilla. I got the chinchilla away from him but it was too late as his neck had been snapped.
Aw, that sucks. Sorry.
Sigh.....our chinchilla was such a nice mellow cute fellow - anyone know a good chinchilla tattoo I could get?
I'm sure they could work with this.BCPurseChinchilla.jpgHow are the kids taking it?
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

How are the kids taking it?
The oldest is not taking it too well. She had actually saved a bunch of photos on her cell so she's been pretty sad the last few days.There is a chinchilla rescue group around here but I'm not sure if they'll let us adopt one after they find out how we lost the last one (our chinchilla was a purchase from a breeder made by my young brother who then left him with us when he moved down to L.A. about seven years ago)
There is a chinchilla rescue group around here but I'm not sure if they'll let us adopt one after they find out how we lost the last one.
Not to...but...have you not considered lying?

How are you going to keep the new one from meeting the same fate?Do dogs play gentler with cats/other pets they've known since puppyhood?

Andre's putting an obit in the local newspaper that will look roughly like his post here.
Lying to a rescue group? Obviously we would take a bunch of precautions so that this wouldn't happen again. They do have a bunch up for adoption due to the economy and people giving up their chinchillas. We're going to take a week off and think about it.
How are you going to keep the new one from meeting the same fate?Do dogs play gentler with cats/other pets they've known since puppyhood?
Well, closing off the dust bin when we go to bed. Our chin would have been fine if he had stayed in the cage rather than being his bin but the bin can be knocked off by force. Also, closing the door and securing it (it's a double door so we could tie the handles together for further security) just in case the closed door isn't enough.Our dog in his past life had killed a chicken and rabbit before so he'll always be a threat unfortunately to small animals.
I've made a huge mistake.
Revealing your joke account? I agree - you could've taken it to 10K posts easily.In all seriousness, I'm 98% sure that account is Wang's. And for some reason, that would make it actually funny.Sorry about your pet Andre. That is indeed saddening.
Well, closing off the dust bin when we go to bed. Our chin would have been fine if he had stayed in the cage rather than being his bin but the bin can be knocked off by force. Also, closing the door and securing it (it's a double door so we could tie the handles together for further security) just in case the closed door isn't enough.Our dog in his past life had killed a chicken and rabbit before so he'll always be a threat unfortunately to small animals.
Well, I'm sold. Good luck with the new one... take more pictures this time.
Revealing your joke account? I agree - you could've taken it to 10K posts easily.In all seriousness, I'm 98% sure that account is Wang's. And for some reason, that would make it actually funny.Sorry about your pet Andre. That is indeed saddening.
I'm not sure what we're trying to do to MDG here.
speedz, I want you to answer my dog question
As and ye shall receive. I didn't know if it was rhetorical.
Do dogs play gentler with cats/other pets they've known since puppyhood?
Absolutely. While some dogs would be fine with other animals regardless of how they grew up (it's pretty breed specific), many have a fairly strong instinct to chase and/or kill any small animals that they would consider to be prey in the wild. The easiest way to combat this is to expose puppies to cats/chinchillas/whatever as early and as often as possible, so they can be taugh proper behavior around them. For example, a puppy brought into a house with a cat will be taught very quickly to give it space...usually when the cat scratches its nose for getting too close (unless they get along, which obviously nips any problems in the bud). But if the same dog comes into a house full grown with no cat experience, it could get ugly quick. With smaller pets like chinchillas, it's up to the owner to try and train the puppy (or dog) to stay away or play gently...but in andre's case, there's no way this dog would have done anything but killed the thing once he caught it. Their only chance is to put small animals in a very, very strong cage.

i can assure everyone everywhere that i run way way worse than them in online majorsFull Tilt Poker Game #14077600721: FTOPS Main Event (96538463), Table 203 - 120/240 Ante 25 - No Limit Hold'em - 20:44:37 ET - 2009/08/16Seat 1: hajmat (9,750)Seat 2: kalidonios (15,295)Seat 3: barcs69 (5,905)Seat 4: NovaSky (9,555)Seat 5: ProfessorNo2 (11,781)Seat 6: Crowther89 (7,360)Seat 7: Humdinger1 (8,185)Seat 8: xIzAnx (19,505)Seat 9: ShuMoneyTonite (17,565)hajmat antes 25kalidonios antes 25barcs69 antes 25NovaSky antes 25ProfessorNo2 antes 25Crowther89 antes 25Humdinger1 antes 25xIzAnx antes 25ShuMoneyTonite antes 25barcs69 posts the small blind of 120NovaSky posts the big blind of 240The button is in seat #2*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to ProfessorNo2 [8h 8s]ProfessorNo2 calls 240Crowther89 foldsHumdinger1 raises to 650xIzAnx foldsShuMoneyTonite foldshajmat foldskalidonios foldsbarcs69 foldsNovaSky foldsProfessorNo2 calls 410*** FLOP *** [8c 9c 6d]ProfessorNo2 bets 1,125Humdinger1 has 15 seconds left to actHumdinger1 raises to 3,200ProfessorNo2 raises to 11,106, and is all inHumdinger1 calls 4,310, and is all inProfessorNo2 shows [8h 8s]Humdinger1 shows [Kh Kc]Uncalled bet of 3,596 returned to ProfessorNo2*** TURN *** [8c 9c 6d] [Kd]*** RIVER *** [8c 9c 6d Kd] [7d]ProfessorNo2 shows three of a kind, EightsHumdinger1 shows three of a kind, KingsHumdinger1 wins the pot (16,905) with three of a kind, Kings

I are intrigue-cat.
well, I just don't understand what's going on. we got mk over there banging his head against a wall in solitude and here you are asking questions about sal's joke account.
well, I just don't understand what's going on. we got mk over there banging his head against a wall in solitude and here you are asking questions about sal's joke account.
My post was referring to the "Confession" thread.Or, maybe you knew that.
My post was referring to the "Confession" thread.Or, maybe you knew that.
it's a rose thread... why would I read it? she's a bigger troll than o'reilly... intentionally or otherwise

LOL, okay, I see why it's been at the top of OT all night.that's certainly a mind**** and a half.seeing loosh and his gf getting all fired up also made me LOL

can someone give me cliffnotes as to what the "a confession" thread is all about? i don't know anything about either (supposed joke account or real account op).

can someone give me cliffnotes as to what the "a confession" thread is all about? i don't know anything about either (supposed joke account or real account op).
It's not worth your time.
There's someone on fcp named rose. She is a large older woman whose writing makes it seem as if she is...not the brightest bulb. Her over the top stupidity angers some people. They questioned if she could even be a real person. She claimed to have cancer, or something, I don't know, I never really paid attention. Today vbnautilus (sp?) claimed that she is his joke account. Many people said, "I knew she was fake!" Now she is claiming to be a real person again. Meanwhile, I never cared either way about her, and am now very happy about that, which is why I've mentioned it about ten times.
There's someone on fcp named rose. She is a large older woman whose writing makes it seem as if she is...not the brightest bulb. Her over the top stupidity angers some people. They questioned if she could even be a real person. She claimed to have cancer, or something, I don't know, I never really paid attention. Today vbnautilus (sp?) claimed that she is his joke account. Many people said, "I knew she was fake!" Now she is claiming to be a real person again. Meanwhile, I never cared either way about her, and am now very happy about that, which is why I've mentioned it about ten times.
VB really screwed the pooch by giving up the truth so quickly. Now it's just stupid and forgettable.
VB really screwed the pooch by giving up the truth so quickly. Now it's just stupid and forgettable.
i disagree. he really had no choice. some of the questions he was getting werent answerable. anyone fooled had to be fooled quickly.